or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 47

post #691 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Would you say the same if Stitchy only wore dress shoes once a week? Or once a month?

hey! ENUFF WITH THE TALKING SENSE. im looking for opinions on the shoes. do you liek them?

thanks commodorewheeler smile.gif
post #692 of 13629
Yeah I like 'em...in fact I got them in size 8.5 two weeks ago.

The vintage rioja color is fantastic, very rich and burnished, black in some light, cordovan in other. Looks great with any grey or navy trouser.

Quality of the shoe is impeccable, better than my Lobbs or EG. Only problem for me is that I may need to go down a size... I should have listened to Nick when he originally suggested the size 8!
Edited by Major Roadrash - 8/10/11 at 3:33pm
post #693 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Roadrash View Post

Yeah I like 'em...in fact I got them in size 8.5 two weeks ago.

The vintage rioja color is fantastic, very rich and burnished, black in some light, cordovan in other. Looks great with any grey or navy trouser.

Quality of the shoe is impeccable, better than my Lobbs or EG. Only problem for me is that I may need to go down a size... I should have listened to Nick when he originally suggested the size 8!

haha thanks.

spoo you are losing this battle at present my man wink.gif
post #694 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post



Vass and, IIRC, St, Crispins are hand-welted, however.

Never let it be forgotten....
post #695 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


haha thanks.

spoo you are losing this battle at present my man wink.gif

OKookok.. its your dinerodough, not mine. In that case, I think for your needs, you would be better served with something with a little more ornamentation, not a 2 eyelet derby.

Consider the Walkton, Burlington, Kensington, and Westminster - the last of which you always compliment mine.
post #696 of 13629
Spoo makes a good point. If you only want one pair of shoes, it might be better to choose a classic style that goes with everything
What about a brogued oxford in vintage oak?
Edited by Major Roadrash - 8/10/11 at 8:01pm
post #697 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Roadrash View Post

Spoo makes a good point. If you only want one pair of shoes, it might be better to choose a classic style that goes with everything
What about a brogued oxford in vintage oak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


OKookok.. its your dinerodough, not mine. In that case, I think for your needs, you would be better served with something with a little more ornamentation, not a 2 eyelet derby.

Consider the Walkton, Burlington, Kensington, and Westminster - the last of which you always compliment mine.

well you both make solid points.

the walkton is not my thing. as to a lighter colors, i feel a darker color suits me better. im not so comfortable with a light color shoe yet. i thought i would start with the darker colors for my mostly navy suits. maybe buy lighter colors if i expand my wardrobe to some more playful items.

onto the burlington, kensington and westminster. all great lookers no doubt. and in the scheme of what should come first i probs would be better off with something in that family. but the lines on the uppingham really intrigue me. i also like the wiltshire. ( i have always liked their take on the V shaped cap toe) i find those shoes to be super sexy. SO I WANT THEM.

so now im all confused, and my found money will contiue to sit. dashitall! HAAAALP!!

btw - major r. how you have 5 posts in 2 1/2 years simply blows my mind. smile.gif we have similar taste in shoes. posting habits, not so much.


edit - i just had another look at the westmister on the TG73 last in vintage chestnut. its pretty fuckin sweet. now im not confused but torn frown.gif maybe both?
post #698 of 13629
Shoulda bought some gold two weeks ago with all that money and then you could have had every shoe your heart desires...
post #699 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

Shoulda bought some gold two weeks ago with all that money and then you could have had every shoe your heart desires...

holy shitballs. when i was working in a pawn shop about 7 years ago it was under $400 an oz. now its almost $1800
post #700 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

is there any reason why i shouldnt buy these shoes?

500

Because you could get a pair of Corthay Arcas for a similar price and then you'd have an even sexier two-hole derby?
post #701 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srynerson View Post


Because you could get a pair of Corthay Arcas for a similar price and then you'd have an even sexier two-hole derby?

haha i do love those shoes, but im always hesitant to get a shoe like that. wrinkles drive me mad. and cap toes and brouges hide them better. but excellent point.

tho i do argue on which one is sexier
post #702 of 13629
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srynerson View Post


Because you could get a pair of Corthay Arcas for a similar price and then you'd have an even sexier two-hole derby?

haha i do love those shoes, but im always hesitant to get a shoe like that. wrinkles drive me mad. and cap toes and brouges hide them better. but excellent point.

tho i do argue on which one is sexier

they only wrinkle becaus e of no or poor fitting tree and or the wrong size

DecoSamples9-2.jpg

but you could also do this deco?
post #703 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post


they only wrinkle becaus e of no or poor fitting tree and or the wrong size

DecoSamples9-2.jpg

but you could also do this deco?

lovely, another thing to consider. smile.gif

as to the deco line, its out of my price range range right now. but i would love to see the rogers on my feet some day.

right now im still stuck on the wesminster v the uppingham
post #704 of 13629
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post


they only wrinkle becaus e of no or poor fitting tree and or the wrong size

DecoSamples9-2.jpg

but you could also do this deco?

lovely, another thing to consider. smile.gif

as to the deco line, its out of my price range range right now. but i would love to see the rogers on my feet some day.

right now im still stuck on the wesminster v the uppingham

if the choice was mine i prefer the westminsters over the Up

thro i would save a little longer and get the deco - why settle for second best?
post #705 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post


if the choice was mine i prefer the westminsters over the Up

thro i would save a little longer and get the deco - why settle for second best?

Come on luk - don't be second besting any other GGs after the deco line, you know they are not second best, just different....


Stitchy, Westminster all the way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard