wow, excellent choice :) congratulations. where did you buy them? skoaktiebolaget? mto?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 8:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 455
Styleforum Top Picks
you are probably just noticing the shoes that people buy in the rounder lasts.
I have noticed the same thing, especially with the Deco range.
I am being discharged in 57 days time and I have spent the past 2 years keeping an eye on civilian dress for when I don't have a uniform to wear every day.
The first Deco range at Leffot about two years ago had a nice sharp angled shape to the sole, just ahead of the nice narrow waist, but these days they are much more rounded.
I personally prefer the nice original and angled "ace of spades" look for the deco last. The SA at Leffot said he is sure Tony will be happy to cut the soles into a nice angle for any MTO, so I am not too concerned.
For other lasts, like the GG06 for example, the rounded sole is a much better look in my opinion.
So far I only own the strands, everything else they have doesn't interest me too much.
But I'm looking for a pair of loafers for running errands and I don't think there is anything better in the 300 USD range, am I wrong?
I don't see that. The St James II just depicted is on the soft-square MH71 last. I think the TG73 square toe looks like it always has.
I rather like the MH71 and that might be my next G&G purchase. My G&G are on the TG73 and DG70.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- › It will require a consultant 4 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 39 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › as good quality main looks after will be your comparable. 1 minute ago
- › First suit, no budget restrictions 4 minutes ago
- › whether they include the device through carry. 4 minutes ago
- › When you have determined 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 15 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 19 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...