wow, excellent choice :) congratulations. where did you buy them? skoaktiebolaget? mto?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 5/22/15 at 4:08pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on Today at 12:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 455
Styleforum Top Picks
you are probably just noticing the shoes that people buy in the rounder lasts.
I have noticed the same thing, especially with the Deco range.
I am being discharged in 57 days time and I have spent the past 2 years keeping an eye on civilian dress for when I don't have a uniform to wear every day.
The first Deco range at Leffot about two years ago had a nice sharp angled shape to the sole, just ahead of the nice narrow waist, but these days they are much more rounded.
I personally prefer the nice original and angled "ace of spades" look for the deco last. The SA at Leffot said he is sure Tony will be happy to cut the soles into a nice angle for any MTO, so I am not too concerned.
For other lasts, like the GG06 for example, the rounded sole is a much better look in my opinion.
So far I only own the strands, everything else they have doesn't interest me too much.
But I'm looking for a pair of loafers for running errands and I don't think there is anything better in the 300 USD range, am I wrong?
I don't see that. The St James II just depicted is on the soft-square MH71 last. I think the TG73 square toe looks like it always has.
I rather like the MH71 and that might be my next G&G purchase. My G&G are on the TG73 and DG70.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 2 minutes ago
- › RO FW14 Down Fill Mollino size 52 (fits 50) - BNWT 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › DRIES VAN NOTEN Printed trousers - New - sz.32 5 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 6 minutes ago
- › Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme SS2006 Rayon Shirt  6 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens FW13 Scuba BNWT - size 52 (fits 48-50)-LGI leather 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan