Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 3:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:59 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 439post #6571 of 163441/9/13 at 8:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6572 of 163441/9/13 at 9:03pmpost #6573 of 163441/9/13 at 9:03pmpost #6574 of 163441/9/13 at 11:50pmpost #6575 of 163441/10/13 at 12:41am
You are no sucker bro. This is just good taste and a good way to spend money :) I actually love Brioni. Have used there ties for almost 5-6 years now.Quote:Originally Posted by mrbrioni
I'm definitely not the real Brioni, although after doing a little shopping yesterday I'm a total sucker for anything Brioni, Kiton, and Hermes
I picked up:
Navy Brioni suede, leather type material short jacket
Kiton light grey dress pants, Kiton pants are most detail oriented pants I have ever seen in my life. Insanity.
2 Brioni sport shirts to wear with recently acquired black Kiton jeans
Loro Piana 85% cashmere 15% silk sweater in some blueish shade.
Hermes pocket square - gorgeous detailing!
Hermes leather belt in "etoup" greyish/taupish leather on one side and black on the other with "H" belt in orange/silver enamel. I know these belts aren't SF approved, but I love them and own every color combo of the straps that were made in the last 8 years.
I will do my best with pictures a bit later, just a warning my photography skills are not up to par with the rest of the SF worldpost #6576 of 163441/10/13 at 3:28ampost #6577 of 163441/10/13 at 4:02amQuote:
My pair is 5.5E. MH71. I have a high instep so heel to instep are snag. Ball joint part was comfortable and now is a little bit roomier. I am trying DIY cut half leather insole, which seems to work well without compromising overall fit of the shoes.
I have Hove on the same last and I feel those looser than St. James. My concern is if I go down to D width, my instep would not fit well.post #6578 of 163441/10/13 at 4:30ampost #6579 of 163441/10/13 at 4:43ampost #6580 of 163441/10/13 at 5:03ampost #6581 of 163441/10/13 at 5:03ampost #6582 of 163441/10/13 at 5:25am
Indeed that color is giving me a lot of problems. Sometimes it is very light, sometimes it is very reddish, sometimes it is like a real life chestnut such as in the case of Crockett and Jones chestnut antique color. Anyways.post #6583 of 163441/10/13 at 6:17ampost #6584 of 163441/10/13 at 11:32am
Correct. They are Vintage Chestnut. Sometimes it's the style of the shoe that determine the colour. For instance, a style such as Rothschild with so much brogueing requires a lot more antiquing than a plain vamp shoe like this Burnham. The antique cream needs to fill all of the punched holes before they are polished and this darkens the colour slightly. With the plain vamped shoe there is no need for the extra antique cream therefore leaving them this lighter colour. I've seen nearly all styles in Vintage Chestnut and I have never disliked any of the colour variations. It's always stunning!
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 28 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 30 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 34 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...