or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 415

post #6211 of 13617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post

oh gosh....didn't have time to even try on my shoes yet and of course they are the wrong size like stitchy posted baldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gif
this is so frustrating!
What size are you?
post #6212 of 13617
Hey guys, I've ended up with a pair of windsors in the wrong size because of the stupid sizing system on Barney's. I need a pair of UK 9.5 but have a pair of UK 10, anyone up for a swap?
post #6213 of 13617
We'll see what tomorrow brings with the Savoys, but I had to return a pair of the Gables (from the first sale round) because of the sizing issue.
But the woman in customer service for the website was enormously helpful. She called up the Madison Ave.store, and I walked the SA through what was handwritten on the box, rather than what the website showed. That got me the 9.5UK i wanted.
So the wrong size went back, presumably to some happy SFer!
post #6214 of 13617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post

oh gosh....didn't have time to even try on my shoes yet and of course they are the wrong size like stitchy posted baldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gif
this is so frustrating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiph4ny View Post

Hey guys, I've ended up with a pair of windsors in the wrong size because of the stupid sizing system on Barney's. I need a pair of UK 9.5 but have a pair of UK 10, anyone up for a swap?

ugh. so sorry to hear this, guys. it blows. frown.gif

btw, if the shoe is only a tad large, and close to fitting, and you really like it, try popping in a dr.scholls. i was recommended that and am going to try it out as a last ditch effort. nick @ bespoke england was kind enough to send me some full sock inserts, because he is the man, but they are not quite thick enough i dont think.

i have tried on the shoes about 10 times, and am still unsure what i want to do. ffffuuuu.gif
post #6215 of 13617
I'm a UK9.5 and I have UK10's in the Gable's, Wesbury, and Savoy.

Anyone have UK9.5 to swap? Sell?
post #6216 of 13617
.
Edited by rikod - 12/24/12 at 12:54pm
post #6217 of 13617
Ha ha, well feel free to sell me yours. These are awesome
post #6218 of 13617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post

I'm a UK9.5 and I have UK10's in the Gable's, Wesbury, and Savoy.
Anyone have UK9.5 to swap? Sell?

Sucks. The UK/US, .5/1 size conversion confused more people than it should have.

Insole maybe?
post #6219 of 13617
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post


I'm like Gdot, at this time I have a few martinis, I really don't like to insist or to be the only negative voice in the middle of the excessive G&G adulation,( I really like some of their models) but this is one ugly shoe imo. WTF is this, Jesus, it's like somebody decided to build the most unatractive captoe, heel counter and whatever that thing around the laces is called. The captoe monk not too far behind btw.

Lol, can't fault you for being consistent
post #6220 of 13617
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) I'm like Gdot, at this time I have a few martinis, I really don't like to insist or to be the only negative voice in the middle of the excessive G&G adulation,( I really like some of their models) but this is one ugly shoe imo. WTF is this, Jesus, it's like somebody decided to build the most unatractive captoe, heel counter and whatever that thing around the laces is called. The captoe monk not too far behind btw.

sorry, buddy, but i have to disagree. horses for courses of course. also, the pics never do the shoes the proper justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Sucks. The UK/US, .5/1 size conversion confused more people than it should have.
Insole maybe?

it wasnt so much confusion as that the website is wrong. if you are buying online and it says the UK size, people rightfully assume that is the actual size. i need to call some kind of supervisor at barneys and give someone an earful.

insole may or may not help. depends on your exact foot size and the size/shape of the insole.
post #6221 of 13617
hey guys thanks for the help. I'm probably going to go with the vintage rioja for my Mitchel in the TG73 last. I never really considered vintage oak but maybe I will change my mind once I see them in person at the London showroom. this is my first MTO experience so I'm pretty amped for that! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #6222 of 13617
Craziness - I finally got around to trying them on - despite the shoes being a UK10E and my previous 4 G&G models all being UK9.5E....

The Gable's are tight across the vamp, and a little tight in the toe box,.and the Westbury's fit pretty darn well suprisingly, they might be a touch long, however they're pretty close.

Let's see what tomorrow brings with the Savoy's....Gosh this is so confusing!
post #6223 of 13617
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythejet View Post

hey guys thanks for the help. I'm probably going to go with the vintage rioja for my Mitchel in the TG73 last. I never really considered vintage oak but maybe I will change my mind once I see them in person at the London showroom. this is my first MTO experience so I'm pretty amped for that! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

You'll probably buy another pair later this year. G&G sucks you in. Hard to stop at one
post #6224 of 13617
Well buy another pair and send it my way. wink.gif
post #6225 of 13617
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

I'm like Gdot, at this time I have a few martinis, I really don't like to insist or to be the only negative voice in the middle of the excessive G&G adulation,( I really like some of their models) but this is one ugly shoe imo. WTF is this, Jesus, it's like somebody decided to build the most unatractive captoe, heel counter and whatever that thing around the laces is called. The captoe monk not too far behind btw.

I agree that G&G has some models that are FUGLY and i´ve seen some MTO:s that i wouldn´t wear if i got paid but in this case i disagree 100% smile.gif Gables is one of my favorite models and i think it´s amazing in real life. Have seen two pairs, the store manager at Skoaktiebolaget has them but in MH71. They are designed for the TG73 so the "cap toe" isn´t forming a V on HM71, quite strange that a company like G&G doesn´t adjust the pattern to the last in question. The second pair is from Davidsons in Racing Green, a spectacular color in real life.


Racing Green icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
GG_Gable.JPG
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard