The decos are sweet!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 11:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 390
Styleforum Top Picks
This post goes a little off the current gist of the discussion but I have a few questions on G&G and it would seem this is the best thread to ask them , so bear with me
As you can see I am offering a pair of G&Gs for sale. I have good experience of high end English shoes (I have a large number of EGs, JLPs, C&Js, top line Church's) but had never handled a G&G before. I happened to 'stumble' on this pair during a RL sale and bought it simply for the purpose of selling them on.
From the pictures on the internet I knew the most common lasts and the fiddleback waist which I believe is an important selling point. However, when I handed this pair I was somewhat disappointed by the way the sole meets the heel. If you look from the sides there is a clear discontinuity, which you do not see on EGs or JLPs (Classic or Prestige). I guess it can be argued that there is nothing to it , but I have noticed that the RTW pictures on the G&G website do not show that discontinuity. So my first question is what do you think about this specific issue.
My second question is more prosaic.Is it possible to get G&Gs on a discount during 'Xmas sale' in the UK, in the same way as you can in EG and C&J London shops?
1) The discontinuity is an bespoke feature that G&G incorporates into their RTW ranges.
2) No idea, but now Barney's NY carries G&G, they do offer Xmas sales.
Sort of. Untying them is more of the specialty involved. In particular, determining whether or not any given knot can be "untied" without breaking the string.
My work however is about strings and how they get used.
Sounds like some srs math to me...................................................
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Need Suit advice for newbie? 6 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › BNIB Herring wingtip made by Alfred Sargent size 10 UK 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...