Originally Posted by mrbrioni
I'm looking into purchasing:
1. a "foul weather" black grainy textured shoe with dainite sole
2. a "foul weather" browngrainy textured shoe with dainite sole
3. a pair in racing green
4. a pair in navy
We've been bouncing around a few ideas, now I just need to make my decisions.
Primarily I'm looking for the DG70 last, I own the TG73 and as beautiful as they are I'm just more of a rounded toe type of a guy I think.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm leaning towards going with:
2. Mayfair in the dark brown grain, single dainite sole, dg70 last, gold buckles
3. Dorchester in racing green, dg70 last, oak bark sole.
4. Oakham in navy with black grain for the strap/buckle area, dg70 last, haf sole or a westbury or a gable.....what do you guys think?
I'm not still not sure what shoes to go with for #1.
I'm 25, work on wall st, and don't want any clunky "old man" shoes for the rain (i wear peal & co blucher's now which feel that way), any suggestions?
Astaire in black alpine grain, dainite sole, dg70? Do any sort of contrasting?