or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 327

post #4891 of 12866

The camera might not be giving a true colour still a great looking shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Looks like Vintage Rioja to me. smile.gif
post #4892 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Looks like Vintage Rioja to me. smile.gif


You really think so? I think they look quite different. The Oakhams really looks like cherry, to me anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. View Post

Oakham, Dark cherry


Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post

Mayfair, MH71 in vintage rioja.
file_zps49999cf0.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Looks like Vintage Rioja to me. smile.gif
post #4893 of 12866
There is Vintage Rioja and Vintage Cherry calf, but no Dark Cherry calf offered by Bespoke. It could be a bespoke color, but I doubt it.
This could be Bordeaux Calf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

You really think so? I think they look quite different. The Oakhams really looks like cherry, to me anyway.
post #4894 of 12866
Definitely not Oakhams in vintage cherry. As the vintage cherry is out and out red.



vintage Rioja looks closer.

post #4895 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbessi View Post

Dark Cherry? - Can't see this option on Bespoke England.

I've ordered an MTO pair a couple of weeks ago through Nick and getting one of the MTO colors more darkened is an option.
post #4896 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. View Post

More G&G goodies, courtesy of Nick/Bespoke England. The glorious "Oakham" in Dark Cherry.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Why are you chained to your briefcase?

Extra G&Gs inside? biggrin.gif
post #4897 of 12866
The color wasn't a G&G standard option. The shoes left the G&G factory as Vintage Cherry , however, they were re finished to this color as a special request from the client through Bespoke-England to change the Vintage Cherry to a deeper, darker color. I renamed it "Dark Cherry". It did look very similar to Vintage Rioja but it had strong undertones of the cherry and when I held them next to a pair of vintage rioja shoes there was a definite difference. It's a truly beautiful color. The shoe in the image above began life the same color as the shoe below.




Edited by Nick A - 9/24/12 at 3:20pm
Reply
Reply
post #4898 of 12866
Wow, that's great. I learned something today
post #4899 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Wow, that's great. I learned something today

dido
post #4900 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post

The color wasn't a G&G standard option. The shoes left the G&G factory as Vintage Cherry , however, they were re finished to this color as a special request from the client through Bespoke-England to change the Vintage Cherry to a deeper, darker color. I renamed it "Dark Cherry". It did look very similar to Vintage Rioja but it had strong undertones of the cherry and when I held them next to a pair of vintage rioja shoes there was a definite difference. It's a truly beautiful color. The shoe in the image above began life the same color as the shoe below.


Great service as usual. I should ask for these special perks as well.
post #4901 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post

The color wasn't a G&G standard option. The shoes left the G&G factory as Vintage Cherry , however, they were re finished to this color as a special request from the client through Bespoke-England to change the Vintage Cherry to a deeper, darker color. I renamed it "Dark Cherry". It did look very similar to Vintage Rioja but it had strong undertones of the cherry and when I held them next to a pair of vintage rioja shoes there was a definite difference. It's a truly beautiful color. The shoe in the image above began life the same color as the shoe below.


Fantastic. Wish I'd known of this option. Can the color now be requested on MTOs?
post #4902 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Fantastic. Wish I'd known of this option. Can the color now be requested on MTOs?

desyny9u.jpg

Vintage Cherry before antique and polish
Reply
Reply
post #4903 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Fantastic. Wish I'd known of this option. Can the color now be requested on MTOs?

There was a sur charge of £100.00 for this due to the time involved to create the color. It's not an option yet because this one was the first trial for such a deep color on the Vintage Cherry crust leather. Above is an image of Vintage cherry calf before its antiqued and polished. G&G had to remove the polish that was originally applied and then create the darker finish.
Reply
Reply
post #4904 of 12866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post


There was a sur charge of £100.00 for this due to the time involved to create the color. It's not an option yet because this one was the first trial for such a deep color on the Vintage Cherry crust leather. Above is an image of Vintage cherry calf before its antiqued and polished. G&G had to remove the polish that was originally applied and then create the darker finish.


Painted finish, burnished finish, or just shoe cream/wax induced finish?

post #4905 of 12866
Unfortunately I didn't see how Tony did it so I cant comment on his method. I was on holiday at the time. He told me that it took him ages to do it and it was a challenge. I personally think its so close to Vintage Rioja Calf that G&G would be reluctant to introduce this color to their range. However, if it was popular I'm sure something could be arranged in the future but it would be for G&G to decide. Here's another image of the same pair from my iPhone

eru8y8ug.jpg

And here's the Oakham in Vintage Rioja Calf below:

Reply
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard