or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 321

post #4801 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post


Two more questions regarding this boot smile.gif
1. Do you wear the same size as in GG oxfords? If no, size up or down?
2. What last is it?

Very nice looking boot what model is it? 

post #4802 of 12553
Anyone here try the Hove in peccary leather?

post #4803 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

Anyone here try the Hove in peccary leather?


Saw them at Leffot, they are beautiful but I feel that there isn't a lot of visible texture to the leather since it's all natural as opposed to like a pin grain.

Very classic
post #4804 of 12553
they look outstanding in the pic.
post #4805 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post

Saw them at Leffot, they are beautiful but I feel that there isn't a lot of visible texture to the leather since it's all natural as opposed to like a pin grain.
Very classic

I'm trying to diversify around my favorite EG 888 and am looking for some other options and I thought these look interesting. I was looking at the EG Dover but this seems like an interesting alternative.
post #4806 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

I'm trying to diversify around my favorite EG 888 and am looking for some other options and I thought these look interesting. I was looking at the EG Dover but this seems like an interesting alternative.

personally, i like the hove more than the dover.

im pretty sure dereks has, or has had, both. you could ask him. i think he has the hove in some kind of of pebble.
post #4807 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrioni View Post

Saw them at Leffot, they are beautiful but I feel that there isn't a lot of visible texture to the leather since it's all natural as opposed to like a pin grain.
Very classic

I have them, they're great
post #4808 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

personally, i like the hove more than the dover.
im pretty sure dereks has, or has had, both. you could ask him. i think he has the hove in some kind of of pebble.

I know this is a GG thread, but what spcifically would you say you like more about these than the Dover?
Edited by Patek - 9/12/12 at 7:14am
post #4809 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

Anyone here try the Hove in peccary leather?

Peccary leather is used for gloves. It does not take polish well and waxing is a nightmare. Unless you know what to expect, stay away.
Like gloves, they only look good at the departmenr store table.
post #4810 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

I have them, they're great

How are they holding up in terms of creasing and holding thier shape? I think of peccary as being more or less like pigskin (very soft and flexible).

In general I don't love pigskin shoes for this reason. Love the look when new - don't love them so much when they start to get 'lumpy'.
post #4811 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

they look outstanding in the pic.

+ 1

post #4812 of 12553
Interesting feedback. I'm hesitant to go forward with these.

I have credit with Leffot that I don't like just sitting there.

Any thoughts on the G&G Arran vs. the EG Silverstone in antique dark oak? Both beautiful chukka boots, but I kinda like the double sole on the G&G. Once again, I know I am in the G&G thread but I would like to get some detailed feedback prior to moving out of my EG comfort zone. In the spirit of disclosure, I am wearing a pair of Silverstones in mink suede today. I love them but don't want all of my shoes to look alike.
post #4813 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

I know this is a GG thread, but what spcifically would you say you like more about these than the Dover?

just like the design better, more appealing to me. maybe just dont get it in piccaly, after what SS said.
post #4814 of 12553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

How are they holding up in terms of creasing and holding thier shape? I think of peccary as being more or less like pigskin (very soft and flexible).
In general I don't love pigskin shoes for this reason. Love the look when new - don't love them so much when they start to get 'lumpy'.

Only worn them once so far, I've been kind of saving them for fall. They're not really a summer shoe to me. But I'll try to come back and update once I'm a few wears in.
post #4815 of 12553
I really like the hove design. I will almost certainly get a pair in medium brown hatchgrain at some point.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard