It is possible with any MTO from my website. Just need to include "Topy Soles" in the "Notes" section at the end of the order process. I can also get G&G to stick them on to my stock shoes if required.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 8:48 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:59 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 301post #4501 of 163288/4/12 at 3:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4502 of 163288/4/12 at 3:21pmQuote:
You are correct. The Dainite would last longer and the Topy soles would need replacing often and I know some people have experienced trouble removing them by local cobblers so choose your cobbler well. Also, G&G offer the Double Dainite sole, which is what is more commonly used and they have a Single Dainite sole which is finer and more suited to their sleek appearence. I'll post images tomorrow of both.post #4503 of 163288/4/12 at 3:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nick A
You are correct. The Dainite would last longer and the Topy soles would need replacing often and I know some people have experienced trouble removing them by local cobblers so choose your cobbler well. Also, G&G offer the Double Dainite sole, which is what is more commonly used and they have a Single Dainite sole which is finer and more suited to their sleek appearence. I'll post images tomorrow of both.
Thank you for your answer. If a good cobbler can replace the topys then it is perhaps more "healthy" for the shoes longevity wise. It is a minor operation compared to replacing the whole sole. I am only speculating though, I have no specific knowledge of it.post #4504 of 163288/4/12 at 4:06pmpost #4505 of 163288/4/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
yup. the wife heard a crash, and had to wake me up.
+1post #4506 of 163288/4/12 at 10:07pmpost #4507 of 163288/5/12 at 1:48ampost #4508 of 163288/5/12 at 1:53ampost #4509 of 163288/5/12 at 2:12amQuote:
Thank you for your help before but No I can't upload images from my iPad or iPhone . If anyone could help that would be great because I can send images of G&G's on a more regular basis.post #4510 of 163288/5/12 at 2:28ampost #4511 of 163288/5/12 at 2:32ampost #4512 of 163288/5/12 at 4:51ampost #4513 of 163288/5/12 at 5:21am
how you been tits? long time no speak.Quote:
have you tried the tapatalk app? it has excellent photo uploading.
the single danites are indeed much nicer looking on the sleeker shoes imo.post #4514 of 163288/5/12 at 6:18ampost #4515 of 163288/5/12 at 9:17am
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1441 Active Users (289 Members and 1152 Guests)
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Clothing Practice Research 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...