or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 293

post #4381 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. View Post


in America, this would be considered Child Abuse, i'm fairly certain.

lol8[1].gif

post #4382 of 12454
Thread Starter 
GGAcornKuduNorwegians000.jpg

GGAcornKuduNorwegians007.jpg

GGAcornKuduNorwegians002.jpg

GGAcornKuduNorwegians006.jpg

Bespoke Acorn Kudu Norwegian's with a full welt and double sole...............


.............. yes, seamless too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4383 of 12454
Those were yours? I should have figured that when I saw them posted on the G&G tumblr
post #4384 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

GGAcornKuduNorwegians000.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians007.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians002.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians006.jpg

 


Bespoke Acorn Kudu Norwegian's with a full welt and double sole...............
.............. yes, seamless too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

i remember someone here complained about seamless back and how they are less durable...

 

saw these pair on the g&g blog.  awesome leather.  how do they wear?  are they similar to the pig skin pair you've got?

post #4385 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

i remember someone here complained about seamless back and how they are less durable...

saw these pair on the g&g blog.  awesome leather.  how do they wear?  are they similar to the pig skin pair you've got?

I am pretty sure the pair you are referring to that had issues are seamless wholecuts. There is no seam on those whereas there is a skin stitched seam at the toe of these Norwegians if I am not mistaken.
post #4386 of 12454
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

I am pretty sure the pair you are referring to that had issues are seamless wholecuts. There is no seam on those whereas there is a skin stitched seam at the toe of these Norwegians if I am not mistaken.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Those were yours? I should have figured that when I saw them posted on the G&G tumblr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

i remember someone here complained about seamless back and how they are less durable...

saw these pair on the g&g blog.  awesome leather.  how do they wear?  are they similar to the pig skin pair you've got?


even with seamless wholecut i have notice an issue but like kolecho said these still have the skin stitch seem at the front just like my vintage cherry ones i first got when G&G was set up back in 2006.

NAMOR, why would you figure they where mine?? G&G have a lot more client other than just moi biggrin.gif


chogall, i have not worn them yet, typhoon has been here the past couple of days so not wear nothing more that rubber flip flops haha, but if you want to see how ludu wear's look for poor sod posts ether here or on thehardcore thread he has some that are worn already, but the leather feel soft and the color is great, pictures are pretty tru to life also
post #4387 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
GGAcornKuduNorwegians000.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians007.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians002.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians006.jpg
Bespoke Acorn Kudu Norwegian's with a full welt and double sole...............

what does it mean?
post #4388 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

what does it mean?

The welt runs 360 degrees rather than terminating at the waist.
post #4389 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

The welt runs 360 degrees rather than terminating at the waist.

aha,
post #4390 of 12454
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

aha,

Yes what he said, please see you Vass book for reference wink.gif
post #4391 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

GGAcornKuduNorwegians000.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians007.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians002.jpg
GGAcornKuduNorwegians006.jpg
Bespoke Acorn Kudu Norwegian's with a full welt and double sole...............
.............. yes, seamless too icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I don't like this style usually but the leather used is brilliant.
post #4392 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

I am pretty sure the pair you are referring to that had issues are seamless wholecuts. There is no seam on those whereas there is a skin stitched seam at the toe of these Norwegians if I am not mistaken.

how come seamless whole cut is less durable? pls enlighted me.
post #4393 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by yace View Post

how come seamless whole cut is less durable? pls enlighted me.

A seam allows you to take a flat piece of leather and stitch it into a shape the somewhat resembles the shoe, a little bit of stretching and shaping is still required to get proper fit on the last but it should be within the leathers natural stretch limits.

A seemless wholecut has no seems so you have to stretch the leather tremendously especially around the heel and ankle area, so much so that sometimes it is past the leathers tensile limits or always very close to it.
post #4394 of 12454
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

Yes what he said, please see you Vass book for reference wink.gif

he, he. i didn't know it under this term. doesn't look different, anyway.
post #4395 of 12454
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

he, he. i didn't know it under this term. doesn't look different, anyway.
Dunno if this is the right term, but you will see difference when you see the others in a months time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard