or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 287

post #4291 of 12485
haa, my bad. Ill need to go back and search June's posts. I remember someone posting the cost.
post #4292 of 12485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

you did a great job. well, i have seen something before and it looks much worse, than it really is.
shouldn't come back either...

no biggy if it does, adds to the patina hehe, but yes with a bit of local fire water and a good brushin and then some cream they look ok!
post #4293 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

no biggy if it does, adds to the patina hehe, but yes with a bit of local fire water and a good brushin and then some cream they look ok!

Liquor? I hope you used something good. biggrin.gif

I've never seen such a thing on shoes before.

Does your air conditioning not work well? It seems that it would keep the air so dry that mold wouldn't grow.
post #4294 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Liquor? I hope you used something good. biggrin.gif
I've never seen such a thing on shoes before.

+1. anyone else ever tried that?
post #4295 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

+1. anyone else ever tried that?

luk-cha meant alcohol for desinfection and getting rid of spots. as we already mentioned. the situation looks worse than it really is.
post #4296 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

luk-cha meant alcohol for desinfection and getting rid of spots. as we already mentioned. the situation looks worse than it really is.

aha, thanks! cheers.gif
post #4297 of 12485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Liquor? I hope you used something good. biggrin.gif
I've never seen such a thing on shoes before.
Does your air conditioning not work well? It seems that it would keep the air so dry that mold wouldn't grow.

http://www.moutaichina.com/en/about/about.html just some of this to help clear of the mold, but if you try it with like vidka do but too much other wise it will stripe back the polish
post #4298 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

http://www.moutaichina.com/en/about/about.html just some of this to help clear of the mold, but if you try it with like vidka do but too much other wise it will stripe back the polish

Added to bucket list : Polish piles of bespoke GGs with LukCha.
post #4299 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Added to bucket list : Polish piles of bespoke GGs with LukCha, and then make off with them.


FTFM biggrin.gif
post #4300 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

http://www.moutaichina.com/en/about/about.html just some of this to help clear of the mold, but if you try it with like vidka do but too much other wise it will stripe back the polish

Moutai power icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4301 of 12485

I'm on a roll, finally figured out how to upload pics.  Here is the Rothchild in Vintage Chestnut on the DG70, photos don't do justice to the color of the shoes.  Taken at Starbucks after I got them back from my shoe guy.

 

 

bd244620.jpgc0ebb373.jpgd1c8ee2a.jpg

post #4302 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivon View Post

I'm on a roll, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
finally figured out how to upload pics.  Here is the Rothchild in Vintage Chestnut on the DG70, photos don't do justice to the color of the shoes.  Taken at Starbucks after I got them back from my shoe guy.


350x261px-LL-e5f1d143_bd244620.jpeg350x261px-LL-d8739018_c0ebb373.jpeg350x469px-LL-1caec2ca_d1c8ee2a.jpeg

remove the plastic on the heels, immediately. this is blasphemy...
post #4303 of 12485
I find that I wear the heels of my shoe very quickly, I asked for heel protectors and that is what they put on. I would prefer not to continually repair/replace the heel. Any alternatives?
post #4304 of 12485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivon View Post

I find that I wear the heels of my shoe very quickly, I asked for heel protectors and that is what they put on. I would prefer not to continually repair/replace the heel. Any alternatives?

they should do it correctly. that's all.
post #4305 of 12485
Okay, how is it done incorrectly? Is it positioned incorrectly? He was recommended to me by a SA in a high end shoe department in the Yorkville area. I balked at top taps and a Topy, settling for the heel protector since I am very hard on the heels of my shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard