or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 262

post #3916 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855 View Post

I think you will find they are all Gator not Croc. Gator is better quality

I was under the impression that salt water croc was the ultimate, most consistent symetrical and soft? The stuff Hermes use and almost has a monopoly on.
post #3917 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I figured you'd like them. smile.gif You should visit Allde, they have a package from Kettering waiting for you. smile.gif

Yes, I heard that they had arrived, surprisingly fast! I ordered them in January and they are already here!
post #3918 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes500 View Post


Yes, I heard that they had arrived, surprisingly fast! I ordered them in January and they are already here!

Thats not bad turn around for G&G nod[1].gif

post #3919 of 12915
Soooo, I'm buying the Canterbury boot and am still on the fence with trees. For those with experience with 3 piece trees, are they worth it???

Price is about $150ish
post #3920 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Soooo, I'm buying the Canterbury boot and am still on the fence with trees. For those with experience with 3 piece trees, are they worth it???
Price is about $150ish

Yup, go for it!
post #3921 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCWalker View Post

Thats not bad turn around for G&G nod%5B1%5D.gif

And they are decos, I thought they would take even longer
post #3922 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCWalker View Post

Thats not bad turn around for G&G nod%5B1%5D.gif

thats what mine was. i think 4-5 months is the standard. or ones hopes anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Soooo, I'm buying the Canterbury boot and am still on the fence with trees. For those with experience with 3 piece trees, are they worth it???
Price is about $150ish

no experience, but yes.
post #3923 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Soooo, I'm buying the Canterbury boot and am still on the fence with trees. For those with experience with 3 piece trees, are they worth it???
Price is about $150ish


Yes.  Its a good toy and holds the length very well.

 

No, it doesn't conform to the last entirely.  Unless you talking about getting the lasted 3 piece trees from G&G for 4x the price.

post #3924 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Yes.  Its a good toy and holds the length very well.

No, it doesn't conform to the last entirely.  Unless you talking about getting the lasted 3 piece trees from G&G for 4x the price.

My 3-Piece Boot Trees are lasted to each pair. Boot trees have no springs like shoe trees so it's important they are made to the exact last of the boot.
Reply
Reply
post #3925 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

I was under the impression that salt water croc was the ultimate, most consistent symetrical and soft? The stuff Hermes use and almost has a monopoly on.

Not from my observations, however i am no expert. We do have some experts on this forum so perhaps they can educate us
post #3926 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post

My 3-Piece Boot Trees are lasted to each pair. Boot trees have no springs like shoe trees so it's important they are made to the exact last of the boot.

tbh, what else?
post #3927 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yes.  Its a good toy and holds the length very well.

No, it doesn't conform to the last entirely.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Unless you talking about getting the lasted 3 piece trees from G&G for 4x the price.

pls, stop to missinform people. thanks.
post #3928 of 12915
drool.gif

538
post #3929 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


pls, stop to missinform people. thanks.

 

Per my conversation w/ Tony, G&G doesn't usually make 3pc boot trees for ready made.

 

Maybe Nick is special.

post #3930 of 12915
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Quote:


Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

It's always fun to save and anticipate though.


Can't wait to see your new G&Gs though. Can we get a hint on what you're expecting?





The Canterbury in black shell cordovan and the Cambridge in black calf.

i love you man
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard