or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 254

post #3796 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F View Post

alessandra-ambrosio.jpg

Alessandra Ambrosio very nice Sir F nod[1].gif

post #3797 of 13281
Those house? slippers are quite nice, where do you guys wear them?

For those with the G&G Deco range shoes, can I see some real-life pictures of them being worn? The last is so aggressively elongated that I'm afraid it'll look funny and be completely ridiculous looking in 5 years.
post #3798 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

slippers are quite nice, where do you guys wear them?
 

At home, office, outside when it's good weather but mostly home for me.

post #3799 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

Those house? slippers are quite nice, where do you guys wear them?
For those with the G&G Deco range shoes, can I see some real-life pictures of them being worn? The last is so aggressively elongated that I'm afraid it'll look funny and be completely ridiculous looking in 5 years.

At home! 

post #3800 of 13281
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's pretty hardcore to wear these at home.

Do the slippers not scratch hard wood flooring?
post #3801 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

That's pretty hardcore to wear these at home.
Do the slippers not scratch hard wood flooring?

mutli quote has changed, you have to hit quote now on the last selected post. frown.gif
post #3802 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

mutli quote has changed, you have to hit quote now on the last selected post. frown.gif
shog[1].gif

single quote I can do, but multiple quotes.......ffffuuuu.gif
post #3803 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

shog[1].gif
single quote I can do, but multiple quotes.......ffffuuuu.gif

it used to be better, they updated the site yesterday and it got messed up. i think they are working on it. smile.gif
post #3804 of 13281
I have no problems with the Moderators making changes.

Their website = their rules. Don't like, don't play....


Now, to get back on track,

Does anybody have pictures of real-life, G&G Deco range shoes being worn?
post #3805 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

I have no problems with the Moderators making changes.
Their website = their rules. Don't like, don't play....

agreed, i think this was unintentional though.
Quote:
Now, to get back on track,
Does anybody have pictures of real-life, G&G Deco range shoes being worn?

i think mktitsworth posted a pair not too long ago. they were schweet! time for some more.
post #3806 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post


That's pretty hardcore to wear these at home.
Do the slippers not scratch hard wood flooring?

Nik from "Bespoke England" will definitely be able to fix you up with good English slippers.

 

 

All the masturbating wrecks from the old English Private Boarding schools would be forced to own a pair of slippers as part of their obligatory uniform. This is what eventually made them so popular and, how they developed into the well designed slippers we see today.

 

These have evolved from the original slipper designed for Prince Albert into a standard uniform at British Private Boarding schools.

 

Typically a scholar would be required to own a pair of "softs" like these :-

 

HermesHouse.jpg

 

which do not tear up the floors and corridors of the old school dormitories. These would only be permitted by "seniors", who had such entitlements. The lowly "juniors" would be required to use nothing other than their "house slippers", like these:-

 

 

LobbAlbert.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

A "House Slipper" actually also got its name from the "House" to which you belonged at your private school. Like all those Harry Potter stories our kids all read. These English Private School kids were all allocated a "house" to belong to when they first enrolled. The crest of that house was embroidered on a pair of "house slippers". Typically your "house slipper" was the popular "Albert" slipper which everyone loves to use today.

 

The reason it was not a "soft" is because you would be allowed to slip out of your more formal "dress shoes" and into "something more comfortable" after school classes and lectures were over.

 

The "house slippers" were then a comfortable shoe/slipper used to walk between your dormitory and your dining room, or your club rooms, library or to any event which the school would be holding, like a school play or dance. You wore your "house slippers" also to events where the school "houses" competed. This slipper was obligatory dress code in private schools, and you would be whacked on the side of the head with a cricket bat if school "prefects" caught you wearing anything not "uniform".

 

So now the "house slipper" is still known by that name and is generally associated with a hard soled velvet lined Albert with a crest to display your "house" and which is used for small and short trips between your home and the local grocery store on a Sunday, or, to the local Opera, which makes a lot more sense than tight ill fitting patent leather blister busters everyone wears to the Opera. Only the "servants" and the "working class" would need to wear those!!!

post #3807 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJouvre View Post

Nik from "Bespoke England" will definitely be able to fix you up with good English slippers.

 

 

All the masturbating wrecks from the old English Private Boarding schools would be forced to own a pair of slippers as part of their obligatory uniform. This is what eventually made them so popular and, how they developed into the well designed slippers we see today.

 

These have evolved from the original slipper designed for Prince Albert into a standard uniform at British Private Boarding schools.

 

Typically a scholar would be required to own a pair of "softs" like these :-

 

HermesHouse.jpg

 

which do not tear up the floors and corridors of the old school dormitories. These would only be permitted by "seniors", who had such entitlements. The lowly "juniors" would be required to use nothing other than their "house slippers", like these:-

 

 

LobbAlbert.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

A "House Slipper" actually also got its name from the "House" to which you belonged at your private school. Like all those Harry Potter stories our kids all read. These English Private School kids were all allocated a "house" to belong to when they first enrolled. The crest of that house was embroidered on a pair of "house slippers". Typically your "house slipper" was the popular "Albert" slipper which everyone loves to use today.

 

The reason it was not a "soft" is because you would be allowed to slip out of your more formal "dress shoes" and into "something more comfortable" after school classes and lectures were over.

 

The "house slippers" were then a comfortable shoe/slipper used to walk between your dormitory and your dining room, or your club rooms, library or to any event which the school would be holding, like a school play or dance. You wore your "house slippers" also to events where the school "houses" competed. This slipper was obligatory dress code in private schools, and you would be whacked on the side of the head with a cricket bat if school "prefects" caught you wearing anything not "uniform".

 

So now the "house slipper" is still known by that name and is generally associated with a hard soled velvet lined Albert with a crest to display your "house" and which is used for small and short trips between your home and the local grocery store on a Sunday, or, to the local Opera, which makes a lot more sense than tight ill fitting patent leather blister busters everyone wears to the Opera. Only the "servants" and the "working class" would need to wear those!!!

 

Very interesting information...

post #3808 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

 

Very interesting information...

 

Use it....

post #3809 of 13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJouvre View Post

Nik from "Bespoke England" will definitely be able to fix you up with good English slippers.


All the masturbating wrecks from the old English Private Boarding schools would be forced to own a pair of slippers as part of their obligatory uniform. This is what eventually made them so popular and, how they developed into the well designed slippers we see today.

These have evolved from the original slipper designed for Prince Albert into a standard uniform at British Private Boarding schools.

Typically a scholar would be required to own a pair of "softs" like these :-

350x233px-LL-d7ed4ff3_HermesHouse.jpeg

which do not tear up the floors and corridors of the old school dormitories. These would only be permitted by "seniors", who had such entitlements. The lowly "juniors" would be required to use nothing other than their "house slippers", like these:-


242x400px-LL-9d32e2e6_LobbAlbert.jpeg





A "House Slipper" actually also got its name from the "House" to which you belonged at your private school. Like all those Harry Potter stories our kids all read. These English Private School kids were all allocated a "house" to belong to when they first enrolled. The crest of that house was embroidered on a pair of "house slippers". Typically your "house slipper" was the popular "Albert" slipper which everyone loves to use today.

The reason it was not a "soft" is because you would be allowed to slip out of your more formal "dress shoes" and into "something more comfortable" after school classes and lectures were over.

The "house slippers" were then a comfortable shoe/slipper used to walk between your dormitory and your dining room, or your club rooms, library or to any event which the school would be holding, like a school play or dance. You wore your "house slippers" also to events where the school "houses" competed. This slipper was obligatory dress code in private schools, and you would be whacked on the side of the head with a cricket bat if school "prefects" caught you wearing anything not "uniform".

So now the "house slipper" is still known by that name and is generally associated with a hard soled velvet lined Albert with a crest to display your "house" and which is used for small and short trips between your home and the local grocery store on a Sunday, or, to the local Opera, which makes a lot more sense than tight ill fitting patent leather blister busters everyone wears to the Opera. Only the "servants" and the "working class" would need to wear those!!!

1dyhxd.gif
post #3810 of 13281

You're Crazy pB lol8[1].gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard