or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 22

post #316 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman70k View Post
I'll throw these in to the mix. Happy Easter!



Those are pretty rockin' and I'm not the biggest G&G fan in general. What type of leather is used there? It looks like calf with a subtle texture.
post #317 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nstar View Post
Still trying to figure out where to buy these in Toronto...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

In order to buy these in Toronto you will need to go to Pearson and buy a ticket to New York.

Despite being the centre of the known universe....you cannot buy G&G in Toronto.
post #318 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







some Armoury based G&G's

The split-toe shoes are very nice. Lovely
post #319 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2T View Post
Exquisite shoes. Now someone please remove the can of coke next time.



That was mine. The AC had gone out in Mr. Despos office, and he was kind enough to offer. I do not now, nor never will, claim to be a competent photographer.
post #320 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshinex View Post
St. James II in Vintage Rioja. MH71 Last.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










Really, really love this one
post #321 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Those are pretty rockin' and I'm not the biggest G&G fan in general. What type of leather is used there? It looks like calf with a subtle texture.

Hi D, its actually buffalo.

Hope all is well with the family.
post #322 of 12527
Pics aren't great, but as we know we are always excited for a new pair of shoes! Black Hayes with an extended medallion and recessed metal toe plates.
post #323 of 12527
^ Nice, Patrick. What made you do TG73 over say, a DG70? I had you pegged differently in lasts.
post #324 of 12527
Good question. I love the chiseled toe, but when I placed the order I told myself that my next will be a DG70, Grant maybe. Then of course I walked into the trunk show and saw the Deco line. Now I am like, hmm always room for an even more chiseled last. That Bowlly is looking mighty fine...
post #325 of 12527
I have these on order in Black Deco Calf and a pair in Vintage Cherry Calf...Can't wait to wear them.
Reply
Reply
post #326 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Good question. I love the chiseled toe, but when I placed the order I told myself that my next will be a DG70, Grant maybe. Then of course I walked into the trunk show and saw the Deco line. Now I am like, hmm always room for an even more chiseled last. That Bowlly is looking mighty fine...

I would argue that the deco line is more pointy, but not more chiseled. You get a more chiseled last with bespoke.
post #327 of 12527
A couple of shots by Charlie Bennet, snapped with a Hasselblad H3DII-50, of G&G:

Carlyle in Vintage Chestnut:


Nice in Fox Suede:
post #328 of 12527
Wow, those are some incredible shoe shots.
post #329 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post
I would argue that the deco line is more pointy, but not more chiseled. You get a more chiseled last with bespoke.

I don't know, I guess. When I saw the Deco line in person I felt that they were a little less aggressively pointy than in pictures. I would say that my Corthay and Rider balmoral are the most "chiselled" of any of my shoes and certaintly the most bespoke looking.
post #330 of 12527
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post
A couple of shots by Charlie Bennet, snapped with a Hasselblad H3DII-50, of G&G:

Carlyle in Vintage Chestnut:
Nice in Fox Suede:

great pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I don't know, I guess. When I saw the Deco line in person I felt that they were a little less aggressively pointy than in pictures. I would say that my Corthay and Rider balmoral are the most "chiseled" of any of my shoes and certaintly the most bespoke looking.

i dont find deco's too aggressive, they are slightly longer than the regular range but when i compared them to my first bespokes from G&G there are very similar - i find corthay a lot snoutier and pointy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard