or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 196

post #2926 of 12527
Had the opportunity to meet up with Nick again in London. I specifically wanted to have a look at the redesigned dub monks (Mayfair), the new single monk (Regency), and the chelseas (Burnham). I was also considering the Oakhams and Wigmores and am glad for the opportunity to see them in person - lovely, just not for me.

Converting the brogueing of the Mayfair into simple stitching will work, and I must say that the Regency and Burnham are extraordinary. I went in thinking of a pair or two, but now..... shog[1].gif

d780d74c.jpg

8a8905e3.jpg

b77dc118.jpg

e305728f.jpg

61c283d3.jpg

a010c0c3.jpg
post #2927 of 12527
The bronze buckle on the single monk is great - it has an almost 70's sort of vibe to me.

Personally I prefer the configuration of the Oakham over the new double monk. As the angle of the straps is far sleeker and dramatic on the Oakham. But I can certainly appreciate that they will appeal to a different market niche with this new config.
post #2928 of 12527
great pics medtec!
post #2929 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes500 View Post

263
263
Some additional photos of my Connaugts in vintage oak on the TG73
looks like EG beaulieu (sp)
post #2930 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post

Had the opportunity to meet up with Nick again in London. I specifically wanted to have a look at the redesigned dub monks (Mayfair), the new single monk (Regency), and the chelseas (Burnham). I was also considering the Oakhams and Wigmores and am glad for the opportunity to see them in person - lovely, just not for me.
Converting the brogueing of the Mayfair into simple stitching will work, and I must say that the Regency and Burnham are extraordinary. I went in thinking of a pair or two, but now..... shog[1].gif
d780d74c.jpg
8a8905e3.jpg
b77dc118.jpg
e305728f.jpg
61c283d3.jpg
a010c0c3.jpg

wow. all of these except the wigmore are ugly
post #2931 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes500 View Post

263
263
Some additional photos of my Connaugts in vintage oak on the TG73

Very nice! The 'ol TG73 looks so good on an otherwise conservative shoe.

Beautimous!
post #2932 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

wow. all of these except the wigmore are ugly

Respectfully sir, I must heartily disagree fight[1].gif
post #2933 of 12527
Only new thing to report lately...

468
post #2934 of 12527
I-want-to-go-to-there.jpg
post #2935 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

wow. all of these except the wigmore are ugly

this
post #2936 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Only new thing to report lately...
468

What's this? A bill biggrin.gif
post #2937 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes500 View Post

What's this? A bill biggrin.gif

a warrant
post #2938 of 12527
A custom alligator hide pocket square.

(flat envelope)

Actually drawings of a custom shoe, or special hide sample would be my REAL guess.
post #2939 of 12527

If I have a 7F (UK) in C&J, are the sizes smaller or biger in G&G?

post #2940 of 12527
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche View Post

If I have a 7F (UK) in C&J, are the sizes smaller or biger in G&G?

I just bought my first pair of G&G and 8E was a perfect fit for me. I wear 7.5E normaly in C&J, 7E in some models...so G&G are smaller.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard