or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 183

post #2731 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

The standard Grant comes on the DG70 last.
The deco has more finishing, that's it.

Aren't both models easily made on any G&G laced shoe last?

Is there really a standard last for every model? I've actually seen more Grants in TG73 than anything else. In the G&G catalogue, the Grant is also shown in TG73.
post #2732 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post

Aren't both models easily made on any standard last? I've actually seen more Grants in TG73 than anything else.

Standard, as in they make stock shoes like that. If you were to get a Grant in vintage oak on the DG70 it would not be considered a MTO shoe, they have a stock of them. FWIW, I don't think the Sinatra is stock at all.
post #2733 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Standard, as in they make stock shoes like that. If you were to get a Grant in vintage oak on the DG70 it would not be considered a MTO shoe, they have a stock of them. FWIW, I don't think the Sinatra is stock at all.

That makes sense.

Is it only one color that they have a stock of for each model?
post #2734 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post

That makes sense.
Is it only one color that they have a stock of for each model?

Some styles they have more than one color. It is all on their website if you click shoes and then stock on the bottom.
post #2735 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

A few pics in the early morning sun, finally a keeper
_IGP9629.jpg
_IGP9630.jpg
_IGP9628.jpg

Amazing.

Would you mind providing details?
post #2736 of 13623
.
Edited by rikod - 6/6/12 at 7:14pm
post #2737 of 13623

rikod, I love the G&G TG73 or  MH61 soft square lasts. I want your shoes!

post #2738 of 13623
Rikod, those are gorgeous.
post #2739 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL724 View Post

Any particular reason I never seem to see G&G shoes ordered in their grain or pigskin offerings? Calf and suede are obviously popular, but I have only seen one or two in grain and none in pigksin.
Getting ready to place my next order for a pair of the Hoves and thought about trying something different. Already have:
Burlington - Black Calf
Hayes - Vintage Oak
Rothschild - Vintage Rioja
Walkton - Vintage Chestnut

Member Luk-Cha has a pair in pigskin here.
post #2740 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Thank you for the kind words
Appreciate your opinion, I prefer traditional/round lasts myself but I like variety. I've been trying G&G the last couple of years, all G&G lasts fit me very well

that's all that matters, imo.
post #2741 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL724 View Post

Any particular reason I never seem to see G&G shoes ordered in their grain or pigskin offerings? Calf and suede are obviously popular, but I have only seen one or two in grain and none in pigksin.
Getting ready to place my next order for a pair of the Hoves and thought about trying something different. Already have:
Burlington - Black Calf
Hayes - Vintage Oak
Rothschild - Vintage Rioja
Walkton - Vintage Chestnut
Here are some Hove MTO's

1122
1100
366

And here are some Isham MTO's:

868
1094
Reply
Reply
post #2742 of 13623
rikod, do I see some bubbles in your pair's backside?
post #2743 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

rikod, do I see some bubbles in your pair's backside?

Only on StyleForum do we use this term for shoes.
post #2744 of 13623
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

rikod, do I see some bubbles in your pair's backside?

What does this even mean?
post #2745 of 13623
cellulite?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard