or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 151

post #2251 of 13089
just received this one from Nick, fantastic shoes and services.

258

534
post #2252 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedBeau View Post

Some Hove in the wild
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
dscn2911.jpg
dscn2912.jpg
dscn2913.jpg

Thank you Nick !

Lovely.

MTO?

I a little bit of the pin grain as an accent on a pair of Oakhams. It catches the light so beautifully.
post #2253 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Lovely.
MTO?
I a little bit of the pin grain as an accent on a pair of Oakhams. It catches the light so beautifully.

Thank you.
MTO yes, dark brown pin grain on MH71 last (D width).
I can only agree on the light catching ! nod[1].gif
post #2254 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedBeau View Post

Thank you.
MTO yes, dark brown pin grain on MH71 last (D width).
I can only agree on the light catching ! nod[1].gif

PLEASE post pictures after some wearings and polishings. I'll be very interested to see how these mature.
post #2255 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

this pair looks a lot like Will's from ASW:edit-ill be in the citeh tom, would love to have my cordo boned

I think my doggy day care has deer bones - or maybe elk. Wonder if elk'd work?
post #2256 of 13089
So many beautiful shoes. Really nice guys
post #2257 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorlencool View Post

just received this one from Nick, fantastic shoes and services.
258
The G&G look very good.
How is fit?
post #2258 of 13089
Really like those oxfords. I feel that at least 50% of G&G models are fugly, cant understand the love those models get here
post #2259 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

Really like those oxfords. I feel that at least 50% of G&G models are fugly, cant understand the love those models get here


50% is an overstatement.  Some of their original models are mostly rehash of classic designs.  Only the newer ones have been strafing away into more exotic designs.

post #2260 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post



50% is an overstatement. 

you like chisel toes or not? that's the question. there you are...

deco is a different beast, imo. it really needs the type of guy and wardrobe to implement them.
post #2261 of 13089
Classic, quiet, versions of cap toes, brogued oxfords, austerity brougues, wholecuts, etc. etc. are available from G&G for those who prefer such things. tongue.gif
post #2262 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


you like chisel toes or not? that's the question. there you are...
deco is a different beast, imo. it really needs the type of guy and wardrobe to implement them.


He said models, not lasts.  But I do agree that certain models/designs collide with certain lasts.  For example, DG70 w/ any cap toes looks chopped and unnatural.

 

I am still trying to find the wing tip oxford...

post #2263 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

He said models, not lasts. 

ah, ok.
post #2264 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

Really like those oxfords. I feel that at least 50% of G&G models are fugly, cant understand the love those models get here

50% 4srs?
post #2265 of 13089
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

I feel that at least 50% of G&G models are fugly, cant understand the love those models get here
yes,
many modern design G&G very ugly but have much big market than traditional shoe model.
Tony is very smart man,
he cutting edge design man.
JLP rtw is same,
many ugly cutting edge design.
JLP and G&G = very smart maker
Traditional shoe have small market,
not many man buy traditional shoe,
a man like modern ugly shoe best.
Modern ugly shoe is big seller.
Traditional shoe small seller in rtw.
Many men not like shoe ther grandfather wear ffffuuuu.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

.
deco is a different beast, imo. it really needs the type of guy and wardrobe to implement them.
yes,
it very very true.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard