or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 107

post #1591 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post

My first G&G's - Cambridge in DG70 vintage rioja MTO came from Nick last week; liked them so much I got the vintage chestnut delivered this morning.
233
233
233

DAMNIT! this last looks really nice. now im confused.gif all over again. would someone kindly give me about 5K so i dont have to pick just 1 pair. mad.gif
post #1592 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

DAMNIT! this last looks really nice. now im confused.gif all over again. would someone kindly give me about 5K so i dont have to pick just 1 pair. mad.gif

You could just continue saving (AKA hiding money from your wife) until you have enough to buy all 5 at once, right?
post #1593 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Essex View Post

You could just continue saving (AKA hiding money from your wife) until you have enough to buy all 5 at once, right?

Only if you stagger the delivery - imagine your wife's reaction when 5 pr arrive at once!
post #1594 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Essex View Post

You could just continue saving (AKA hiding money from your wife) until you have enough to buy all 5 at once, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Only if you stagger the delivery - imagine your wife's reaction when 5 pr arrive at once!

lol8[1].gif i wish guys, i wish.
post #1595 of 13465
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Gdot and grc1 - very nice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_4915.jpgIMG_4918.jpg

Thanks! They are on their 'maiden voyage' today. So far, very good! Comfortable (of course) and creases setting up in pretty good locations (with a little help). So happy I'm already looking at another pair on the same last (TG73).

Those boots are SWEEEEEET!!!!!

WOW, MFF effect strikes again, so you are want 3 pairs of cambriges - what color this time vintage oak????
post #1596 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Only if you stagger the delivery - imagine your wife's reaction when 5 pr arrive at once!

Just have them all delivered to the office and leave them there. When you arrive for the day put on one of your five pairs (one for each day of the work week I presume).

Just be sure to take them off before you head home! decisions.gif
post #1597 of 13465
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Essex View Post

You could just continue saving (AKA hiding money from your wife) until you have enough to buy all 5 at once, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Only if you stagger the delivery - imagine your wife's reaction when 5 pr arrive at once!

lol8[1].gif i wish guys, i wish.

what you need is another delivery address
post #1598 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

what you need is another delivery address

i have, but my wife is too perceptive. she notices every time i wear something new. ties, shoes, shirts...you name it.
post #1599 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

DAMNIT! this last looks really nice. now im confused.gif all over again. would someone kindly give me about 5K so i dont have to pick just 1 pair. mad.gif

Im just quoting this for posterity, you flip flopper.
post #1600 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Im just quoting this for posterity, you flip flopper.

i am frown.gif

i have been thinking about this all day and it seems to boil down to the model. ive noticed that that the cap toes with no medalion i like on the DG70, but the ones with more brouging and or medalions i like with the squarer toe. does that make sense?
post #1601 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i am frown.gif
i have been thinking about this all day and it seems to boil down to the model. ive noticed that that the cap toes with no medalion i like on the DG70, but the ones with more brouging and or medalions i like with the squarer toe. does that make sense?

Absolutely. The DG70 is a more classic last that's suited for a more conservative shoe. The aggressive profile of the TG73 probably seems to conflict with things like the Cambridge and Oxford.
post #1602 of 13465
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

what you need is another delivery address

i have, but my wife is too perceptive. she notices every time i wear something new. ties, shoes, shirts...you name it.

ah now i know why FOO foo.gif has the one shoe theory - so her in doors does not know when he has new shoes or not happy.gif
post #1603 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

Absolutely. The DG70 is a more classic last that's suited for a more conservative shoe. The aggressive profile of the TG73 probably seems to conflict with things like the Cambridge and Oxford.

yes. also i feel in the other direction when more is going on in the toe area its seems kinda squished on the DG70.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

ah now i know why FOO foo.gif has the one shoe theory - so her in doors does not know when he has new shoes or not happy.gif

lol8[1].gif
post #1604 of 13465
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

The aggressive profile of the TG73 probably seems to conflict with things like the Cambridge and Oxford.
Really? I can cope with this kind of conflict:
d9c8e4c1.jpg
407
post #1605 of 13465
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

The aggressive profile of the TG73 probably seems to conflict with things like the Cambridge and Oxford.
Really? I can cope with this kind of conflict:
d9c8e4c1.jpg
407

these look like an F width??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard