or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 831

post #12451 of 12528
My first pair of G&G shoes, the Mayfair double buckle in vintage oak.....









post #12452 of 12528
Those are beautiful monks, congrats.
post #12453 of 12528
I just bought those exact same ones.
post #12454 of 12528
^^ Very nice!
post #12455 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

You know I also noticed different vendors have different timelines. Both Bespoke and Leffot list it at 4 months, while Skoak lists it at 6 months.

Not sure if the 4 month timelines are more optimistic, and the 6 month more realistic, but usually I just don't hold my breath.

Luck was on your side good sir, I look forward to those pics...


I have been dealing with Bespoke for years now and Nick always delivers in 4-6 months depending on your request and time of order. I think most peopel forget that Europeans (unlike Americans) go on longer vacations and this impact delivery times. Most are closed for August and December. I have experience the same delivery pattern with MTO by Bestetti and Edward Green through Leffot as well.
post #12456 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

I have been dealing with Bespoke for years now and Nick always delivers in 4-6 months depending on your request and time of order. I think most peopel forget that Europeans (unlike Americans) go on longer vacations and this impact delivery times. Most are closed for August and December. I have experience the same delivery pattern with MTO by Bestetti and Edward Green through Leffot as well.

Good point. I am quite envious of the extended holidays that Europeans have in comparison. It is something that we Americans don't quite understand, thanks to our rat race kind of culture...
post #12457 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

My Wigmore's are in suede / crust calf, but i feel like if i had to do it again, i would go with the classic highland grain / crust calf combo look. IMO, it is as iconic as the EG Galway in that make-up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

I personally like the grain contrast; the aforementioned material is my preference over suede. I recently picked up a pair of JL Chambord in suede and it's slowly warming to me.

Thanks, I took the plunge on the stock model. The wigmore was the first very nice boot / shoe purchase I made so I was sad to let it go awhile back due to the advice I got in this thread about fit. Can't wait to get it back.
post #12458 of 12528

What shoe trees are these?  They don't look like G&G.  I ask because am looking for non-G&G trees that are good fits to G&G shoes for when I buy RTW or pre-owned.  I know trees can be ordered from Leffot for instance and Skoaktiebolaget have nice trees, but they are hard to source in my size....

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

My first pair of G&G shoes, the Mayfair double buckle in vintage oak.....









 
post #12459 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


Good point. I am quite envious of the extended holidays that Europeans have in comparison. It is something that we Americans don't quite understand, thanks to our rat race kind of culture...


We HongKongers smiles

post #12460 of 12528
If I didn't know any better it looks like AE trees to me...
post #12461 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


What shoe trees are these? They don't look like G&G. I ask because am looking for non-G&G trees that are good fits to G&G shoes for when I buy RTW or pre-owned. I know trees can be ordered from Leffot for instance and Skoaktiebolaget have nice trees, but they are hard to source in my size....


I never understand why anybody would want to buy non G&G trees for their G&G shoes. They are the best looking and fitting lasted RTW shoe trees I have come across. Surely G&G carries them in your size?
post #12462 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


They are Allen Edmonds.
post #12463 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

They are Allen Edmonds.
They are good trees, I use to use them for everything. I am favoring the split toe generics now, they have some versatility in filling vamp space.
post #12464 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post

I never understand why anybody would want to buy non G&G trees for their G&G shoes. They are the best looking and fitting lasted RTW shoe trees I have come across. Surely G&G carries them in your size?

G&G shoe trees cost 6 times more than non G&G shoe trees?
post #12465 of 12528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post

G&G shoe trees cost 6 times more than non G&G shoe trees?
More like x10 in some instances wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard