or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 821

post #12301 of 12566
I have a pair of Hoves... and Oakhams on the way. smile.gif Now about that Jodhpur boot...
post #12302 of 12566
^
You have what i want nod[1].gif
post #12303 of 12566

Some pics of some of my latest acquisitions. Enjoy!

 

 

 

More pics... (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #12304 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

Some pics of some of my latest acquisitions. Enjoy!

 

 

 

More pics... (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

oh sweet mother of goosebumps :) That is lovely

post #12305 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

Some pics of some of my latest acquisitions. Enjoy!

 

 

 

More pics... (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COME ON!! I mean that's just plain unfair! To much awesomeness! 

post #12306 of 12566
I have two Wigmores, and i'm still envious of these. You get thumbs-up, good sir thumbs-up.gif

Are they in the same size? I ask because the DG70 boot looks a little slimmer than the TG73 boot. Do both lasts fit the same as GG (and other members) say? Because that taper would lead me to believe there is less toe box space...
post #12307 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I have two Wigmores, and i'm still envious of these. You get thumbs-up, good sir thumbs-up.gif

Are they in the same size? I ask because the DG70 boot looks a little slimmer than the TG73 boot. Do both lasts fit the same as GG (and other members) say? Because that taper would lead me to believe there is less toe box space...

For me DG70 fit tighter in the toe box compare to TG73. It could be that DG70 have a punched cap toe (Canterbury) and TG73 is a wholecut (Gable)....
post #12308 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by addedfuel View Post

I ordered a MTO single monk in Oct.2013 expecting delivery Feb. 2014. The latest notice is expected to arrive Aug. 2014, 10 months. I am disappointed & gives me pause from future MTO.


So, the MTO I ordered in February that were supposed to be ready about now aren't actually coming any time soon then?  Significantly low balling the lead time is not a good way to endear customers.

post #12309 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


So, the MTO I ordered in February that were supposed to be ready about now aren't actually coming any time soon then?  Significantly low balling the lead time is not a good way to endear customers.

This is very unusual. Did you guys order some unique makeup like unicorn skin? I never had to wait that long for MTO so I really wonder what is going on?
post #12310 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

This is very unusual. Did you guys order some unique makeup like unicorn skin? I never had to wait that long for MTO so I really wonder what is going on?

That's about how long I waited for a standard MTO.
post #12311 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


This is very unusual. Did you guys order some unique makeup like unicorn skin? I never had to wait that long for MTO so I really wonder what is going on?


I ordered hatch grain calf in an "off the shelf" color.  I don't think that is particularly unique, but maybe there is more time involved with hatch grain than I appreciate?  The quoted lead time of 3 - 4 months seems reasonable.  If it proves to be 6 - 10 months, that seems unreasonable.  I wouldn't be too concerned except for two recent posts of unexpectedly long MTO wait times >6 months.

 

On the other hand - and as others here have pointed out here before - complaining about one's (future) G&G shoes is a good place to be, absolutely speaking.

post #12312 of 12566

Cheers everyone! Thanks for the thumbs-up and nice comments! :cheers:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I have two Wigmores, and i'm still envious of these. You get thumbs-up, good sir thumbs-up.gif

Are they in the same size? I ask because the DG70 boot looks a little slimmer than the TG73 boot. Do both lasts fit the same as GG (and other members) say? Because that taper would lead me to believe there is less toe box space...

 

Yup, they are in the same size - at least thats what it says on the box and tongues. However, just like Frank, I think the DG70 actually fits a bit tighter across the ball area and toe box. Not a big difference, but enough to be clearly discernible IMO.

 

Which Wigmore make-ups do you have?

post #12313 of 12566
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


I ordered hatch grain calf in an "off the shelf" color.  I don't think that is particularly unique, but maybe there is more time involved with hatch grain than I appreciate?  The quoted lead time of 3 - 4 months seems reasonable.  If it proves to be 6 - 10 months, that seems unreasonable.  I wouldn't be too concerned except for two recent posts of unexpectedly long MTO wait times >6 months.

On the other hand - and as others here have pointed out here before - complaining about one's (future) G&G shoes is a good place to be, absolutely speaking.

There were some problems with hatch grain color. My understanding that problem is at the tannery.
post #12314 of 12566
In hoping that hatch grain problem has been dealt with. Otherwise I don't see why they expanded their color variety of hatch grain recently. My future Oakham MTO depends on this, so I'm hoping all is well...
post #12315 of 12566
I had ordered 1 MTO pair from Early January which I still haven't received. What I heard is that they're really busy with their store opening and new factory
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard