Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 6:54 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 820post #12286 of 163956/9/14 at 7:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12287 of 163956/9/14 at 8:44pmpost #12288 of 163956/10/14 at 1:56ampost #12289 of 163956/10/14 at 2:25ampost #12290 of 163956/10/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
Agree. A bit much.
BTW, on the EG thread they say that MTO's are taking about 5 months. I've been waiting for some Thorpes which were ordered in Nov. I know they moved and all, but really.post #12291 of 163956/10/14 at 6:15pmpost #12292 of 163956/10/14 at 6:19pmpost #12293 of 163956/10/14 at 6:21pmpost #12294 of 163956/10/14 at 7:57pmpost #12295 of 163956/10/14 at 9:32pmpost #12296 of 163956/10/14 at 10:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by DWFII
Quote:Originally Posted by hoodog
Thanks again for the interesting info! Do you have any good photos of these areas and/or the "problems" in question? For example, what "crease under the arch" are you referring to? What is the "topline"? Excuse my somewhat newbie questions - I am not always that familiar with all this English shoe terminology.
There is a recent discussion here on SF about creasing under the arch...along with photos.
Topline is the top edge of the quarters, running from the top of the instep around the heel.
Thanks so much Ron and DWF - I really appreciate these very informative posts. Thanks for taking the time to explain so thoroughly!post #12297 of 163956/11/14 at 12:21ampost #12298 of 163956/11/14 at 5:28ampost #12299 of 163956/11/14 at 5:41am
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1602 Active Users (344 Members and 1258 Guests)
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Dress shirts always fit long 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...