or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 792

post #11866 of 12851
Beautiful.

The blemish won't matter, especially as pants would cover that area.
post #11867 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post

No matter how you look at it MTO have had a disproportionate increase compared to RTW which supports the theory that they want less MTO's or at least get adequate compensation for it. As far as supply chain and production line theory is concerned, it's a pretty clear case of being able to streamline production by decreasing their MTO operation and hence improving profit margins. I for one hope that in the future this may enable G&G to offer more widths as RTW even though this is unlikely... Also it's not so much about G&G saying that they won't take MTO's because as you say, there is no reason to say no to business, but it makes more sense for them to focus on RTW as they will certainly have higher profit margins there. 

I just want to add that compared to other makers, G&G had very flexible and generous MTO program.
post #11868 of 12851

 

Iguana...right?

post #11869 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post


Iguana...right?

The square scales are Teju lizard.

http://www.kezieleather.com/#/teju-lizard-colours/4567509074
post #11870 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

Iguana...right?

I saw these in person yesterday, amazing looking.

post #11871 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

The square scales are Teju lizard.

That's right.
post #11872 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post


The square scales are Teju lizard.

http://www.kezieleather.com/#/teju-lizard-colours/4567509074

 

   definitely not iguana

post #11873 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


I just want to add that compared to other makers, G&G had very flexible and generous MTO program.

 

Depends on who you compare them to but it's not too bad but that wasn't really the point. Was just trying to say that MTO price increased disproportionally which would suggest they want less of them (substitution effect), assuming they are facing normal demand and don't consider MTO's to be a giffen good. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

Iguana...right?

WOW!!!

post #11874 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post


The square scales are Teju lizard.

http://www.kezieleather.com/#/teju-lizard-colours/4567509074

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post


That's right.

 

 

 

So then what are the more circular parts that form the bow and tassle?

post #11875 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post


So then what are the more circular parts that form the bow and tassle?

It's like on gator--it's flank. The square tiles are belly.
post #11876 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post


So then what are the more circular parts that form the bow and tassle?

Here is a picture of a Teju lizard hide (bellycut):




The large, square tiles appear in the centre and going further out (into the flanks of the animal) they turn into small round tiles.
post #11877 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

Here is a picture of a Teju lizard hide (bellycut):

I may be getting confused but I think they call that a "backcut" because the skin is cut down the back, leaving the belly intact. That's what such a cut in alligator is called, at any rate...IIRC.
post #11878 of 12851
That color scheme is very nice. The new G&G patina artist should get a lot of business with that purple/black tone
post #11879 of 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

I may be getting confused but I think they call that a "backcut" because the skin is cut down the back, leaving the belly intact. That's what such a cut in alligator is called, at any rate...IIRC.

That might be again the difference between American and English terms:

Here in the UK, a "belly-cut" is cut for maximum belly yield with the actual cut going through the back, left and right of the hornback strip, which might be used for a belt. Alternatively, a "hornback-cut" has the actual cut going through the belly to leave the back intact.

http://www.kezieleather.com/#/crocodile-leather/4567499123
post #11880 of 12851

I am ordering that lizard loafer...I must have them...exactly as they are.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard