I'll try to get some tomorrow or this weekend...at night in my artificial lighting you won't be able to see any difference with my phone's camera.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/31/15 at 5:59am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 744
Styleforum Top Picks
Ok, just got the official email from Nick, confirming the changes to GG's MTO and shoe trees for all shoes policy. It looks like Nick will be implemented in a weeks time.
Having said that, any other GMTO ideas, while we have the time?
I'm up for anything interesting in dark browns or dark antique reds in the uppingham, st James II, or Wigmore food groups.
So...in terms of price
an MTO pair of G&G's changing leathers, soles, and last will cost approx $1150 for the shoe + $245 for the MTO upcharge + $150 for the trees = $1545
an MTO pair of G&G's with all the above + minor design changes will cost approx $1150 for the shoe + $490 MTO upcharge + $150 for the trees = $1790
I can buy a pair of fully customizable Saint Crispin's for between $1650 to $1710 for a handmade hand welted shoe with whatever changes/choices i want and it comes standard with trees....
$490 is a huge upcharge for "minor design changes..."
Maybe they fucked themselves over with this new factory expansion and this is to help out with a decrease in profitability....
Their upcharge for MTO is out of line with competitors now and the mandate that you MUST buy shoe trees for an MTO is unheard of...
if anything an MTO should come with the trees...or at least be offered at a discount from the standard price
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › http://premiumpureforskolinrev.com/metabo-garcinia/ 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...