I'll try to get some tomorrow or this weekend...at night in my artificial lighting you won't be able to see any difference with my phone's camera.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on Today at 9:08 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 9:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 744
Styleforum Top Picks
Ok, just got the official email from Nick, confirming the changes to GG's MTO and shoe trees for all shoes policy. It looks like Nick will be implemented in a weeks time.
Having said that, any other GMTO ideas, while we have the time?
I'm up for anything interesting in dark browns or dark antique reds in the uppingham, st James II, or Wigmore food groups.
So...in terms of price
an MTO pair of G&G's changing leathers, soles, and last will cost approx $1150 for the shoe + $245 for the MTO upcharge + $150 for the trees = $1545
an MTO pair of G&G's with all the above + minor design changes will cost approx $1150 for the shoe + $490 MTO upcharge + $150 for the trees = $1790
I can buy a pair of fully customizable Saint Crispin's for between $1650 to $1710 for a handmade hand welted shoe with whatever changes/choices i want and it comes standard with trees....
$490 is a huge upcharge for "minor design changes..."
Maybe they fucked themselves over with this new factory expansion and this is to help out with a decrease in profitability....
Their upcharge for MTO is out of line with competitors now and the mandate that you MUST buy shoe trees for an MTO is unheard of...
if anything an MTO should come with the trees...or at least be offered at a discount from the standard price
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- › Poor man's watch thread 45 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 8 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...