or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 743

post #11131 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Aye, and anyone thinking of doing a MTO with any design changes to the pattern would do well to do so before end of March as well. smile.gif
So, by design change, does it include all of the following:

Number of eyelets
Adding a medallion
Removing punching
Contrast stitching

How strict are we talking about?
post #11132 of 13629
i am pretty sure you can remove a medallion. you can add one, but it has to be an existing medallion design, they can not create a new medallion design unless you are doing bespoke. i assume contrast stitching should be ok. eyelets i would guess no.
post #11133 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

So, by design change, does it include all of the following:

Number of eyelets
Adding a medallion
Removing punching
Contrast stitching

How strict are we talking about?

All of those sounds like they would end up in the more expensive MTO group to me, except for contrast stitching.
post #11134 of 13629
Ok, fair enough. I just want to know where I stand, I do like to tinker...
post #11135 of 13629




pics from The Shoe Snob's blog
post #11136 of 13629
for a GMTO, what about a semi-recreation of this:



It'll have the Wigmore as base style BUT with a punched cap toe and no mediallion.

I like the wishbone-y design of the shaft of the Wigmore as opposed to how the Canterbury's shaft attaches.

Dark green/forest/loden suede shaft and vintage oak calf combo on double leather sole.

Or instead of Vintage Oak...something a slight bit lighter brown... gold-ish though.

Thoughts?
post #11137 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

for a GMTO, what about a semi-recreation of this:



It'll have the Wigmore as base style BUT with a punched cap toe and no mediallion.

I like the wishbone-y design of the shaft of the Wigmore as opposed to how the Canterbury's shaft attaches.

Dark green/forest/loden suede shaft and vintage oak calf combo on double leather sole.

Or instead of Vintage Oak...something a slight bit lighter brown... gold-ish though.

Thoughts?
I like it. I am in for sure on a Wigmore MTO group or on my own this spring. I really want to fill the bal boot gap in my shoe collection.
post #11138 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

for a GMTO, what about a semi-recreation of this:



It'll have the Wigmore as base style BUT with a punched cap toe and no mediallion.

I like the wishbone-y design of the shaft of the Wigmore as opposed to how the Canterbury's shaft attaches.

Dark green/forest/loden suede shaft and vintage oak calf combo on double leather sole.

Or instead of Vintage Oak...something a slight bit lighter brown... gold-ish though.

Thoughts?

Funny you posted this, I was thinking a wigmore racing green with mink suede shaft or loden shaft. Though I would probably go individual mto as it's impossible to find 6 people these days for any mto
post #11139 of 13629
^
It is a difficult endeavor, even with visuals it seems unlikely. For the price, it is hard to compromise with another person, let alone 6. I'm thinking I will have to go it alone for mine, I am not looking for boots at this time.

For what it's worth, mine would be either of the following:

Uppingham in vintage Rioja
Hove on oak hatch grain
St. James in vintage cherry
Sinatra in black calf (maybe deco black)
Oakham in navy hatch grain / midnight blue combo
post #11140 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

^
It is a difficult endeavor, even with visuals it seems unlikely. For the price, it is hard to compromise with another person, let alone 6. I'm thinking I will have to go it alone for mine, I am not looking for boots at this time.

For what it's worth, mine would be either of the following:

Uppingham in vintage Rioja
Hove on oak hatch grain
St. James in vintage cherry
Sinatra in black calf (maybe deco black)
Oakham in navy hatch grain / midnight blue combo


I'm interested in the uppingham/rioja and the oakham/navyhatch/midnight blue

post #11141 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

^
It is a difficult endeavor, even with visuals it seems unlikely. For the price, it is hard to compromise with another person, let alone 6. I'm thinking I will have to go it alone for mine, I am not looking for boots at this time.

For what it's worth, mine would be either of the following:

Uppingham in vintage Rioja
Hove on oak hatch grain
St. James in vintage cherry
Sinatra in black calf (maybe deco black)
Oakham in navy hatch grain / midnight blue combo
Uppingham in vintage Rioja and st James II in a dark vintage cherry would scratch my other two MTO itches right now
post #11142 of 13629
I wonder how the st James would look in vintage Rioja hatch?
post #11143 of 13629
Probably pretty awesome smile.gif
post #11144 of 13629

I just received a new pair of G&G Canterbury's that I bought from SF member NAMOR.

 

First off, they are awesome and he is awesome!

 

Second, rioja is a great color.

 

I now have my burgundy westminster's and rioja canterbury's side by side. And i have come to the conclusion that...

 

Third, I prefer the G&G burgundy. It is a deeper darker more purple-ish color than the rioja.

post #11145 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

I just received a new pair of G&G Canterbury's that I bought from SF member NAMOR.

First off, they are awesome and he is awesome!

Second, rioja is a great color.

I now have my burgundy westminster's and rioja canterbury's side by side. And i have come to the conclusion that...

Third, I prefer the G&G burgundy. It is a deeper darker more purple-ish color than the rioja.

Side by side pic? lurker[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard