or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 707

post #10591 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Wow, I received the wigmores today from spoo (thanks Spoo!) and I am wearing the boots right now. I wear a 7 us which usually is a bit long so I thought I'd give these insanely small shoes a shot since they were so god damn beautiful.

I am definitely barely fitting in the boot and it fits really tight like a glove for my foot as it is snug in all directions and my 3 smallest toes are touching the edge of shoe and my big toe almost hits the top of the toe box.

It's not painful but I may be biased and pushing it since I really want to keep these and buy the rest of the shoes which would be a huge step in my wardrobe as I just started working and only have a 1 Johnson Murphy and 2 Allen Edmonds. Should I try to see if this stretches, buy the other lasts, or just give up and sell this? Any comments would be appreciated as I'm about to drop a lot of money (which might be dumb in itself). Thanks!

If those are the UK 5.5E, I think you're stretching it (pun intended). I am a pretty standard US 7D and my Wigmores (TG73) are on UK 6.5E and they fit well. Sorry but I guess it was worth a shot.

Edit:
Here are mine just for inspiration. smile.gif
Untitled
post #10592 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

What last was it? The only last that had made me think twice was the DG70. It's on the cusp of being too pointy for me...

It is TG73.
post #10593 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

If those are the UK 5.5E, I think you're stretching it (pun intended). I am a pretty standard US 7D and my Wigmores (TG73) are on UK 6.5E and they fit well. Sorry but I guess it was worth a shot.

Edit:
Here are mine just for inspiration. smile.gif
Untitled

Thanks for replying. You're probably right. I am not a standard 7 as I get some slippage and have to tighten them and I'm probably closer to 6.5 or 6.75. However, that would still make it half a size too small which would explain why it's pretty tight right now. I don't know, I was just hoping that since I actually fit in the boot and it didn't hurt that it was okay. I probably won't get the other shoes then and I'll see if I can sell the boots or maybe just keep them anyway and use them on occasion. It sucks, so many stores don't even stock shoes in my size and for once I thought it might be good to have small feet. Oh well.
post #10594 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Thanks for replying. You're probably right. I am not a standard 7 as I get some slippage and have to tighten them and I'm probably closer to 6.5 or 6.75. However, that would still make it half a size too small which would explain why it's pretty tight right now. I don't know, I was just hoping that since I actually fit in the boot and it didn't hurt that it was okay. I probably won't get the other shoes then and I'll see if I can sell the boots or maybe just keep them anyway and use them on occasion. It sucks, so many stores don't even stock shoes in my size and for once I thought it might be good to have small feet. Oh well.
Sounds like you're a UK 6E on G&G (relative to me). Bespoke England (Nick Anderson) I believe regularly stocks G&G in that size. EG also regularly sizes in that range. F&S has a sale going on right now and I believe there should be tons of 6E in their inventory.

I stopped buying shoes in stores here since sizing is difficult. Once I found 2-3 brands and lasts that I'm familiar with, I've stuck to them. Good luck and sorry about the boots. Trust me, if they are tight just putting them on, you will be in pair walking around in them. The leather will eventually stretch but since the lines are pretty sharp, stretching might take away from how they look. I'm not an expert though so it might be okay. Just saying it's typically easier to flip shoes new than used, especially if you're trying to recoup what you paid for.
post #10595 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Sounds like you're a UK 6E on G&G (relative to me). Bespoke England (Nick Anderson) I believe regularly stocks G&G in that size. EG also regularly sizes in that range. F&S has a sale going on right now and I believe there should be tons of 6E in their inventory.

I stopped buying shoes in stores here since sizing is difficult. Once I found 2-3 brands and lasts that I'm familiar with, I've stuck to them. Good luck and sorry about the boots. Trust me, if they are tight just putting them on, you will be in pair walking around in them. The leather will eventually stretch but since the lines are pretty sharp, stretching might take away from how they look. I'm not an expert though so it might be okay. Just saying it's typically easier to flip shoes new than used, especially if you're trying to recoup what you paid for.

Thanks for the advice DpprDr. I just didn't think I would be able to sell the shoes without severely discounting it since no one else bought it. When you say F&S did you mean the for sale threads or is there a store with a sale right now? I haven't seen any in my size in the forums. Thanks.
post #10596 of 13321
I think he means Foster & Sons (an affiliate). But I agree with DpprDr, from what you describe, you might be in for some future pain in those, especially if there is no length gap between the front of your foot and your toes.

It might be something you can ask a pro like DW, in regards to long term fit issues you might incur. Regarding flipping loss, I think plenty of us can relate to your anxiety. For me, I don't hold on to shoes with fit issues, or foreseeable discomfort..
post #10597 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I think he means Foster & Sons (an affiliate). But I agree with DpprDr, from what you describe, you might be in for some future pain in those, especially if there is no length gap between the front of your foot and your toes.

It might be something you can ask a pro like DW, in regards to long term fit issues you might incur. Regarding flipping loss, I think plenty of us can relate to your anxiety. For me, I don't hold on to shoes with fit issues, or foreseeable discomfort..

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll put them up for sale and keep looking. Thanks guys.
post #10598 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I think he means Foster & Sons (an affiliate). But I agree with DpprDr, from what you describe, you might be in for some future pain in those, especially if there is no length gap between the front of your foot and your toes.

It might be something you can ask ...DW, in regards to long term fit issues you might incur. Regarding flipping loss, I think plenty of us can relate to your anxiety. For me, I don't hold on to shoes with fit issues, or foreseeable discomfort..

Haven't been following this particular strand but my nose started itching...crackup[1].gif

For a standard medium round toed shoe the Traditional clearance has always been three full sizes. A size is roughly one third of an inch (the length of a barelycorn), so a full inch from the end of the longest toe to the interior wall of the toe end of the shoe. George Sabbage said that the technically correct distance should be one-eleventh of the foot length.

Wide round toes can be slightly less, narrow toes should be more and with the current fashion for elongated toes it often is as much as four sizes.
post #10599 of 13321

:)good look

post #10600 of 13321
Regarding lasts: Imo, it really depends on the shoe model. I find that different shoes look better on different lasts.
post #10601 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Regarding lasts: Imo, it really depends on the shoe model. I find that different shoes look better on different lasts.

You know, i agree, the last shoe on my GG grail list that i want on the TG73 last is the St. James in vintage cherry. The others, being the Sinatra, Uppingham & Mayfair, which i want to get in the MH71 last. To me, the slightly rounder MH71 gives a nice subtly to those models.

Aside from that, if anything comes up too good to pass up, i would not discount even the DG70 last...
post #10602 of 13321
yes! i think the st james is defo best on the 73.

i have 2 pair on the 70, its a great last. i think its perfect for the pairs i have.

the rogers is my grail. one day i shall get it from nick.
post #10603 of 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

yes! i think the st james is defo best on the 73.

i have 2 pair on the 70, its a great last. i think its perfect for the pairs i have.

the rogers is my grail. one day i shall get it from nick.
The deco range is also something that I'm still undecided about. They look good in pics, but I wonder if it might be too narrow pointed for my taste, especially if it is as narrow pointed as the DG70 last.

Will need to see some pairs in person indeed...
post #10604 of 13321
Really? Because I think the opposite - they look like fairy shoes in staged pics, but they are a lot better looking in person, like EG top drawer IMO
post #10605 of 13321
^
Fair enough.

The do look pretty long on head-on shots...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard