or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 704

post #10546 of 12651
^ I believe earthdragon has a pair on B&S.
post #10547 of 12651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by humphery View Post

Would anyone kind enough to post picture of any G&G pairs made with the navy blue calf? I've tried searching google picture for the navy calf but still not sure how close the navy blue color to that of the black calf.... I am conceiving a pair of wigmore made with navy blue calf and black highland grain for the shaft . I'd prefer the navy blue to be very close to black

Thanks in advance

best to look on bespoke englands tumblr
post #10548 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post


best to look on bespoke englands tumblr

Stupid me! can't think of BE having a tumblr presence there, thanks a lot!

 

End up finding quite a few pictures of those navy blue pairs. Interestingly, some are plain navy in color while others seem to have some sort of antiquing with black dye around the toe area and near the outsole.

maybe i'm just imagining thing, just different lighting for different pairs


Edited by humphery - 12/29/13 at 6:29am
post #10549 of 12651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by humphery View Post

Stupid me! can't think of BE having a tumblr presence there, thanks a lot!

End up finding quite a few pictures of those navy blue pairs. Interestingly, some are plain navy in color while others seem to have some sort of antiquing with black dye around the toe area and near the outsole.
maybe i'm just imagining thing, just different lighting for different pairs

there is one that is or has more antiquing is a crust leather, which is similur to EG's and will over time gain a great patina, the other is aniline which is your more normally dyed leather, flatter in its depth but easier to maintain than crust IMO
post #10550 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

there is one that is or has more antiquing is a crust leather, which is similur to EG's and will over time gain a great patina, the other is aniline which is your more normally dyed leather, flatter in its depth but easier to maintain than crust IMO

Luke-cha, I believe you have an extensive collection of G&G shoes in various leathers. how do you care for aniline leather shoes? I recently bought Arran in espresso color which I like very much but I have not polish it with anything yet.
post #10551 of 12651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Luke-cha, I believe you have an extensive collection of G&G shoes in various leathers. how do you care for aniline leather shoes? I recently bought Arran in espresso color which I like very much but I have not polish it with anything yet.

it would depend on the shoe and the design, for the chukka or derbys id just use cream, but if it was a cap toe i would use wax and mirror shine it, a wing tip, then well it would depend on the occasion maybe just wax or i might go with a mirrow shine.

i also am not a fan of mirror shines on plain fronts too
post #10552 of 12651
I have been debating a navy Mayfair, but one not so dark that you can't tell it's navy indoors. Considering GG hand burnishes their shoes, I am hoping they can make that slight adjustment for my next MTO...
post #10553 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

it would depend on the shoe and the design, for the chukka or derbys id just use cream, but if it was a cap toe i would use wax and mirror shine it, a wing tip, then well it would depend on the occasion maybe just wax or i might go with a mirrow shine.

i also am not a fan of mirror shines on plain fronts too

Thanks. I was leaning towards the using cream.
post #10554 of 12651
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I have been debating a navy Mayfair, but one not so dark that you can't tell it's navy indoors. Considering GG hand burnishes their shoes, I am hoping they can make that slight adjustment for my next MTO...


i have always wondered what it would look like to burnish in dark brown other than black on their crust navy????
post #10555 of 12651

Having only the DG70 and MH71 Last, how do people like the GG06? thinking of getting the harrow in Vintage Roija

post #10556 of 12651

new kicks, thanks to @SpooPoker

 

 

 

 


Edited by RedDevil10 - 12/30/13 at 4:46pm
post #10557 of 12651
^ Amazing shots, wear in good health and times
post #10558 of 12651
Second that, fantastic Red icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10559 of 12651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbrown View Post

Having only the DG70 and MH71 Last, how do people like the GG06? thinking of getting the harrow in Vintage Roija

i have one pair in that last, and its pretty round. nothing like the 70 or 71. taking me some time to get used to. also, imo the birds-eye view of the wearer is not as nice as how they look when looking at them from the front head on, like a passerby would see them on your feet, or when you look in the mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ Amazing shots, wear in good health and times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Second that, fantastic Red icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thirded.

--

on foot today.

post #10560 of 12651
^ ^ ^ V good indeed Mr S
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard