or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who makes the best belts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who makes the best belts? - Page 3

post #31 of 80
Anyone have any experience with the C&J belts?
post #32 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolf View Post
jay kos
martin dingman

can you show us some kos belts?
post #33 of 80
post #34 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
Anyone have any experience with the C&J belts?

+1 Would like to know too
post #35 of 80
I've never spent a lot on belts, certainly not in the $500+ bespoke belt range. But in terms of quality/price equation, I know after a while my belts start looking worn down, and gradually get a curve to them where they no longer hang straight and I'm curious if the quality of the leather has anything to do with that, and/or, will a $500 belt from (I liked that Duret Paris site) a high end leather shop actually last longer than something off the rack at Nordstroms???
post #36 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcava View Post
I've never spent a lot on belts, certainly not in the $500+ bespoke belt range. But in terms of quality/price equation, I know after a while my belts start looking worn down, and gradually get a curve to them where they no longer hang straight and I'm curious if the quality of the leather has anything to do with that, and/or, will a $500 belt from (I liked that Duret Paris site) a high end leather shop actually last longer than something off the rack at Nordstroms???

Generally speaking, good leather if looked after should last a long time and still look good, certainly at $500 where the maker should have rejected everything other than than the best individual bits of the best cuts of the best types of leather. It does depend what you mean by last though - leather will change over time, patinate and acquire character - its part of the attraction really - but you shouldnt expect a belt in that price range to develop faults/cracks/be physically damaged nearly for decades if you look after it. I have a belt made 15 years ago thats only just starting to crack a little as I havent looked after it properly and its my favorite that has been worn most days since it was made on the same hole.

As to developing a curve with use, some see this as a good thing that adds to comfort, some don't. If you use the leather conditioner the maker recommends and keep the belt hung up by its buckle when not being used it should help stop it though. Generally its a sign the leather is either new and still suppling up or too dry and not looked after, or made from plastic that deforms to a shape and doesnt go back again.

HTH

Charlie
post #37 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

These look really rather nice and sound like they are made properly. Do you have one and if so does it live up to the marketing?

Charlie
post #38 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
Anderson's of Italy make some very nice belts, but their sizing is a bit strange.

+1
post #39 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post
... If you use the leather conditioner the maker recommends and keep the belt hung up by its buckle when not being used it should help stop it though. Generally its a sign the leather is either new and still suppling up or too dry and not looked after, or made from plastic that deforms to a shape and doesnt go back again.

HTH

Charlie

How frequently should you use leather conditioner on your belts?
post #40 of 80
I have two lined and raised bridle leather belts from Equus that I am very pleased with. I would recommend them without hesitation.

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index....-products.html
post #41 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEPennypacker View Post
+1 for Equus Leather. I'm quite pleased with the two belts that I've received from them (brown and black).

Likewise with the four belts I have from Equus. Australian nut and burgundy are - surprisingly - not very different colours though. Black is always useful. London tan is more a Summer colour in the UK.
post #42 of 80
Top brands, but also very expensive: - La maison Simonnot Godard Paris*; Example from MJ Gazzettino: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fgLM2QnukI...0/P4214434.JPG - Andrea d'Amico.
post #43 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus Leather View Post
These look really rather nice and sound like they are made properly. Do you have one and if so does it live up to the marketing?

Charlie

I do not, but will own duret in the future.
post #44 of 80
I have to say - Torino belts, their elite line, carried by Saks, at least in NYC, are amazing.
post #45 of 80
another endorsement for equus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who makes the best belts?