• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bespoke/MTM in Arizona??

Pantomyme

Reaction score
Hi, I've been toying around with the idea of getting something better than an off-the-rack for almost a year now, and (obviously) have spent my time recently on this forum learning about the people/places I could accomplish this. Unfortunately, I'm not able to travel much, and I live in a town (Tucson) that as far as i've found, doesn't have anything of the sort.

So, my questions to you lot are:
1. Are any of you aware of any bespoke or MTM tailors based in Arizona?
2. Who are the best "traveling" bespoke/MTM tailors? The only name I ever keep coming across is WW Chan (who apparently never comes to Arizona) and Raja Fashions, but I'm assuming there's more than just the two of them...
3. are there any reputable tailors in Arizona that 1) could assist with body measurements for submitting to an online MTM ala Thick as Thieves; and 2) once I've received a product in the mail, would be a good individual to go to in order to get expert advice on making adjustments?

Lastly, I'll be going to Indianapolis for a week at the end of July, and will probably go through Chicago and Dallas...any potential places to get sorted (in 48 hrs or less) while I'm in any of those cities??

Cheers,
~Pantomyme

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
there may be a tailor in tucson that handles as an agent for a M2M maker. its good to have someone you can talk to face to face if there is a problem.
tailoring long distant is not convenient.

Phoenix_AZ

Reaction score
Here is some info: 1) Artful tailoring- Chandler,AZ- They did one shirt for me that was a little too modern for me (Short collar, too long Cuffs, can not wear it with a tie)- They say on their website that they will do a 3 fitting bespoke suit- Not certain-Maybe if you know exactly what you want- www.artfultailoring.com/ 2) Mytailor.com- They come through Phoenix 3-4 times a year. They have done great custom shirts for me over the net. Buy one low end shirt and get the last measurements correct for all other orders. They only do suits in person. Search here and the men's forum at Ask Andy About Clothes toget an overview. I think that they have a good reputation. Made-to-measure, I would say that they start around $800 and go up for a suit 3) www.modageorgio.com for Moda Georgio- A little too exclusive for me. It is made-to-measure and I believe that the lowest end suit is $2800. Also, they did not like doing one custom shirt as a first order (it was around $225 for the one shirt) 4) Carter's Mens wear- They do cutom order MTM Samuelsohn. Good People. www.cartersmensclothing.com 44th Street and Camelback 5) You can also do MTM at Brooks Brother large store at 24th St and Camelback, I am sure Neiman Marcus has upscale MTM, as may Barney's. Nordstrom's as well (all 3 at Scottsdale Rd and Camelback) I think that is a majority. Shawn

S. Able

Reaction score
Look into Evan Delaney. I know he travels to Phoenix. He sells a bench made garment (now made by a gent in Toronto named Umberto, pants by a guy in LA), MTM from Adrian Jules and a less expensive Chinese MTM product (made by Red Collar). He offers fabric from H&S, Dormeuil, Guabello (sp?), Zegna and Ariston. He also sell shirts from Geneva. Really nice, hard working guy. I really, really like his bench made pants.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Tucson, but there's also The Clotherie in the Biltmore up here that does Zegna, and two others whose names escape me. MTM that is.

I highly doubt there is any true bespoke in this state. Fakeri might be as close as it gets, but no one has reported back on him.

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
I am very surprised to so much representation from AZ here! Everyone I see under around 40 is wearing Affliction and everyone over 40 is wearing Tommy Bahama.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid
I am very surprised to so much representation from AZ here! Everyone I see under around 40 is wearing Affliction and everyone over 40 is wearing Tommy Bahama.

Who says I don't wear Affliction...

JK. Although I almost bought one at Sam's Club once.

Wait until it hits 100, I'll be slumming it with the rest of the state. Unless I'm working, but probably not this summer as I'll be studying for the bar... :|

suitupshop

Reaction score
I am in the process of starting a made to measure service based out of tempe....

Send me a message to discuss options... I currently can show some Holland and Sherry, but can get any designer fabric as well..

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suitupshop
I am in the process of starting a made to measure service based out of tempe....

Send me a message to discuss options... I currently can show some Holland and Sherry, but can get any designer fabric as well..

Who is the manufacturer?

Also, the Ralph Lauren store at the Biltmore does made-to-measure. Dillards has Hickey Freeman made-to-measure as well.

suitupshop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grenadier
Who is the manufacturer?

Also, the Ralph Lauren store at the Biltmore does made-to-measure. Dillards has Hickey Freeman made-to-measure as well.

Suits are tailored in the U.S.A by John H. Daniel, I also utilize a well respected tailor out of Toronto..

suitupshop

Reaction score
I grow up only being known as Tommy, even though my name is Tomas... This has made me a huge fan of Tommy anything.. So yeah an SF meetup rocking Tommy Bahama would be great.. I am actually in the process of organizing a small meet and greet to talk custom clothes. I will be armed with fabric folders and swatches and a tape measure.. My apartment complex has a great clubhouse... and I want to offer some great deals to promote my company... I also will have Thomas Mason Gold and Silver Lines for custom dress shirts and a few more...

Thorn Proof

Reaction score
1st off contact Stu at Rave Fabricare in Scottsdale. (Google it). He knows more about esoteric bespoke, high end tailored clothing than most. My tailor.com is very good for bespoke shirting (they make a specific pattern for you). They come through PHX and are not to far away in Orange County (near South Coast Plaza) and Joe is the guy you want to deal with...he gets it. Steer clear of the shirt maker on Camelback and 40th street. Fused MTM in New Jersey and way over priced.

Made to Measure? Depends on you style. See Sprios at the Polo shop or at Biltmore Fashion Square there is ...ask Stu.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
+1 for Artful Tailoring. They do bespoke.

Suitupshop, you already have your store operating?

Shall we have a SF meetup?!!?! We can all wear oversized tommy bahama shirts and flip flops!

I've been thinking we should organize a Phoenix meetup. Perhaps a showcase of summer suiting?

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
I would be down for a get-together. Do you guys really wear summer suits, though? I love them, but in another month, it's going to be unbearable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads