or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 57

post #841 of 8748
Holy shit, Ata, are you seriously defending the UK on this?
post #842 of 8748
Barring felons from entry--what's wrong with that? As the Donald himself said, you don't want a bunch of rapers coming into your country.
post #843 of 8748
Barring a radio talk show host though? What is he barred for?
post #844 of 8748
Am I wrong in saying that historically the president had the authority to bar any alien he wanted? I have no problem with countries being selective in who they let in. If they think Michael Savage is an asshole who would make their country worse, by all means keep him out.
post #845 of 8748
Who did Martha Stewart rape?
post #846 of 8748
It will be pretty awesome when the next president of the US, Donald J. Trump, is barred from the UK. I am actually looking forward to that.
post #847 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Just the need to point out the contributions should be a sign that something isn't right. A culture that has been successfully integrated into the U.S. wouldn't need continual defending like this.

On one side of the balance sheet we have a whole slew of terrorist attacks that have killed thousands of innocent people, one of which had a catastrophic impact on the economy, increased government intrusion and spiraled into wars that resulted in the deaths of thousands of US soldiers and civilian casualties. On the other side you've got, well, I'm not sure. I'm not aware of any positive outcomes from all of this that couldn't be obtained through other immigrants that don't pose this same threat. The whole thing is absurd. Let's keep importing these people and to combat our own stupidity come up with ways to equip passenger airliners with missile deflection technology, spy on and collect data from everyone because we are too PC to profile, and then eventually do the exact opposite of profiling by turning the whole thing upside down and start blaming everyone except the people who are committing acts of violence. Makes perfect sense.

9/11 wasn't perpetuated by Muslim immigrants, just people here on a visa.

People need to stop using that as an excuse to ban immigration of Muslims. At least make an honest argument without throwing the "but 9/11!" card around.
post #848 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

9/11 wasn't perpetuated by Muslim immigrants, just people here on a visa.

I understand that - I pointed it out during our discussion a few days ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


One shooting? Muslims on tourist and business visas hijacked and flew two passenger airliners into the world trade center buildings and pentagon killing 3,000 people. I don't think a list of attacks is going to matter at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

People need to stop using that as an excuse to ban immigration of Muslims. At least make an honest argument without throwing the "but 9/11!" card around.

What would need to happen before you would consider a drastic change to a policy that allows them to enter the country through a visa or as a refugee/immigrant? What about a chemical or biological attack? If one attack managed to kill 25,000 people, would that be enough?
post #849 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I understand that - I pointed it out during our discussion a few days ago...

I asked you then and you ignored it: are you seriously proposing banning visas for Muslims?
Quote:
What would need to happen before you would consider a drastic change to a policy that allows them to enter the country through a visa or as a refugee/immigrant? What about a chemical or biological attack? If one attack managed to kill 25,000 people, would that be enough?

Again, you can't have a serious policy discussion if you're going to conflate visas and immigration issues.

We've had one major terrorist attack from people using visas, and it was significantly aided by intelligence failures on our end. If we're going to have an open society, including openness to foreign business, we can't seriously propose shutting our borders to 22% of the world's population. The cost would be astronomical. Even having the conversation is fear mongering at this point.
post #850 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I asked you then and you ignored it: are you seriously proposing banning visas for Muslims?
Again, you can't have a serious policy discussion if you're going to conflate visas and immigration issues.

We've had one major terrorist attack from people using visas, and it was significantly aided by intelligence failures on our end. If we're going to have an open society, including openness to foreign business, we can't seriously propose shutting our borders to 22% of the world's population. The cost would be astronomical. Even having the conversation is fear mongering at this point.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

63% of Muslims in Pakistan believe that death should be the penalty for leaving Islam (or in Obama speak, a tiny fraction). 89% are in favor of stoning as the punishment for adultery. The woman who just shot 14 people at a Christmas party in CA was from Pakistan - here on a visa. Is it prudent to be allowing Muslims from these countries into the US?
Edited by suited - 12/7/15 at 8:15pm
post #851 of 8748
Do you not want to answer the question or something? Are you proposing banning all Muslims from getting visas to the US?

Quote:
Is it prudent to be allowing Muslims from these countries into the US?
"These countries". Which countries? All countries with heavy Muslim populations?

I don't see a lot of evidence that stoning of infidels and adulterers is much of a problem in the US, especially from Pakistanis coming over on visas.
post #852 of 8748
Trump must be reading this thread.
post #853 of 8748
To all of the non-patriots.

Trump is making America great again!

And if you don't believe it, just ask him.
post #854 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

If Trump keeps all the muslims out of the country  aren't all those badass gun toting' real americans going to miss out on the chance to go toe to toe with  those rag heads  and ending up lettin'poor white trash ,poor black trash and mexicans shoot em' all for you like they been doing since Vietnam

Guys, if you could stop posting idiocy like this it would really be nice for me. Aside from being offensive to some people, its real crime is that it isn't funny.
post #855 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

If Trump keeps all the muslims out of the country  aren't all those badass gun toting' real americans going to miss out on the chance to go toe to toe with  those rag heads  and ending up lettin'poor white trash ,poor black trash and mexicans shoot em' all for you like they been doing since Vietnam

Guys, if you could stop posting idiocy like this it would really be nice for me. Aside from being offensive to some people, its real crime is that it isn't funny.


Belive me as poor white trash and a Vietnam vet it wasn't intended to be funny

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field