or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 48

post #706 of 8792
Some of you actually think Trump is a legit candidate and not a complete joke. I don't know if that is sad or hilarious.

He now wants a national muslim registry?

.... See you when he institutes concentration camps.
post #707 of 8792
Well, the incompetence of the current administration is a large part of what's allowing Trump to lead in the polls. I see the reelection of Barack Obama as more of a "complete joke" than Trump running for president.
post #708 of 8792
Trump did not say he wants a national muslim registry. It's careful editing and poor questioning that gets the media to that conclusion.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 19h19 hours ago
I didn't suggest a database-a reporter did. We must defeat Islamic terrorism & have surveillance, including a watch list, to protect America

Trump is a hump, but this is the least of the reasons to hate him.
post #709 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Trump did not say he wants a national muslim registry. It's careful editing and poor questioning that gets the media to that conclusion.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 19h19 hours ago
I didn't suggest a database-a reporter did. We must defeat Islamic terrorism & have surveillance, including a watch list, to protect America

Trump is a hump, but this is the least of the reasons to hate him.

But he did say that. Of course, the reporter brought it up but his response isn't ambiguous. The question was, "Should there be a database system that tracks muslims in this country." He replied in the affirmative, "There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems. And today you can do it." That's not careful editing, that's verbatim. Then for clarification, he was asked, "And that's something your white house would implement?" He responded, "Oh I would certainly implement that. Absolutely." I'm not sure how you can conclude otherwise as it's pretty direct.

I don't hate him, I don't even think he matters really, let alone this nonsense.
post #710 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Well, the incompetence of the current administration is a large part of what's allowing Trump to lead in the polls. I see the reelection of Barack Obama as more of a "complete joke" than Trump running for president.

It's at least as much as reflection of voter discontent with the state of the Republican Party.
post #711 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Well, the incompetence of the current administration is a large part of what's allowing Trump to lead in the polls. I see the reelection of Barack Obama as more of a "complete joke" than Trump running for president.

It's at least as much as reflection of voter discontent with the state of the Republican Party.


Belive it or not a lot of dems are not too happy with the choices either. Too much power money . I like Trumps straight forwardness and independence but his ideas are just too aberrant ,and mean spirited to do any thing but drive Americans farther apart . 

post #712 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post


Belive it or not a lot of dems are not too happy with the choices either. Too much power money . I like Trumps straight forwardness and independence but his ideas are just too aberrant ,and mean spirited to do any thing but drive Americans farther apart . 

Oh, sure. I think Hillary is going to win the nomination and then the election, but a lot of people are very underwhelmed about the prospect.


The thing with the Republicans is that it isn't just the current crop of Presidential candidates. They don't like their own leadership in Congress either. There's this divide between establishment Republican politics and "the base". That's not really something you see in the Democrats.
post #713 of 8792
I think I would vote for Trump against Hillary. In the long run he would do less damage to the country. I have never voted for anyone, but just the thought of Hillary being prez creeps me out.
post #714 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

But he did say that. Of course, the reporter brought it up but his response isn't ambiguous. The question was, "Should there be a database system that tracks muslims in this country." He replied in the affirmative, "There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems. And today you can do it." That's not careful editing, that's verbatim. Then for clarification, he was asked, "And that's something your white house would implement?" He responded, "Oh I would certainly implement that. Absolutely." I'm not sure how you can conclude otherwise as it's pretty direct.

I don't hate him, I don't even think he matters really, let alone this nonsense.


But, he didn't say that. "There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases" does not mean there should be a database that tracks Muslims.

And intentionally or not, you are editing what he said.
Quote:
Reporter: Should there be a database system that tracks Muslims who are in this country?

Trump: There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases. We should have a lot of systems, and today you can do it. But right now we need to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall, and we cannot let what’s happening to this country happen any longer.

Reporter: Is that something your White House would like to implement?

Donald Trump: I would certainly implement that. Absolutely.

Reporter: What do you think the effect of that would be? How would that work?

Trump: It would stop people from coming in illegally. We have to stop people from coming into our country illegally.


The "I would certainly implement that. Absolutely" is pretty clearly referring to building the wall, which he's been calling for from the beginning. A registry obviously wouldn't stop people from coming in illegally, it would only make a list of who's already here. So Trump was not referring to the registry.

Trump may very well want all Muslims to register. But he hasn't affirmatively said so. Pretending he did is bad journalism.
Edited by Harold falcon - 11/21/15 at 10:50am
post #715 of 8792
i can appreciate your perspective, it just seems clear the reporter is asking about the database. and if he isn't for one, then he can easily say as much. but the damage is done, the press is foaming at the mouth, and like i said, i don't think it matters and neither does he aside from some entertainment during a useless primary.
post #716 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

i can appreciate your perspective, it just seems clear the reporter is asking about the database. and if he isn't for one, then he can easily say as much. but the damage is done, the press is foaming at the mouth, and like i said, i don't think it matters and neither does he aside from some entertainment during a useless primary.


It doesn't matter what the reporter thought he was asking about, it matters what Trump meant.

The media being lying whores always matters.

And the best part about this is that it is only engendering Trump to his supporters even more. He doesn't even have to say shit about minorities anymore, the media will do it for him and the public loves him for it. Even Democrats in the house sided with the "evil racist xenophobic" bill to keep them out. Like 3/4s of the public doesn't want them in. Every state that makes a statement that they won't accept refugees is a state in Trump's pocket for the election.

The media has been doing Trump's job for him from the very beginning.
post #717 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Well, the incompetence of the current administration is a large part of what's allowing Trump to lead in the polls. I see the reelection of Barack Obama as more of a "complete joke" than Trump running for president.

You mean, the fact that the rest of the world is still reeling from the great recession and we are doing much better? Perhaps it was the handling of the debt crisis the Republicans created? Or how about the unemployment that Romney swore to bring down to 6% by the end of his term and we're already at 5% towards the end of Obama? Maybe its this huge illegal immigration crisis that saw more mexicans leaving the US than entering...

But we live in a post fact driven political world, or at least the republicans do. I guess you don't actually have to use facts or logic. All you have to do is repeat something enough and people will believe you.
Edited by Astan - 11/21/15 at 11:32am
post #718 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astan View Post

You mean, the fact that the rest of the world is still reeling from the great recession and we are doing much better? Perhaps it was the handling of the debt crisis the Republicans created? Or how about the unemployment that Romney swore to bring down to 6% by the end of his term and we're already at 5% towards the end of Obama? Maybe its this huge illegal immigration crisis that saw more mexicans leaving the US than entering...

But we live in a post fact driven political world, or at least the republicans do. I guess you don't actually have to use facts or logic. All you have to do is repeat something enough and people will believe you.


This is delusional. Do you get all your news from MSNBC?
post #719 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

I think I would vote for Trump against Hillary. In the long run he would do less damage to the country. I have never voted for anyone, but just the thought of Hillary being prez creeps me out.


TBH I don't believe there is any contender of either stripe who represents the changes we need to deal with tarbaby list of existential crisis the world is dealing with right now.Meybe (and thats a qualified maybe)Bernie but he's old and a "gasp " socialist thus unelectable and even if he were elected it would only create a wider division. Face it the dems  just represent the status quo right now and the change the republicans represent is so wakadoodle the comics don't even have to write their own jokes 

post #720 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post
 
Q

This is delusional. Do you get all your news from MSNBC?

Really ?ALL news sources are highly suspect 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field