or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 45

post #661 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Santorum is still running for President?

 

 

He isn't the President America wants, but he's the President America deserves.

post #662 of 8748
He's at the kiddie table but yeah, he's still in.
post #663 of 8748
I see Anthony Bourdain has weighed in.
post #664 of 8748
Having worked in too many kitchens... EVERYONE is replaceable. You would be able to replace those guys if you payed more. Blacks were doing what Mexicans are doing now in kitchens. And that whole "white kids aren't willing to start at the bottom" thing is a crock of shit. I worked with plenty of white boys who were dishwashing. Were they the fastest? No. The thing is... those white boys were going to school, and weren't going to be in the industry for the long haul. What owners want is as little turnover as possible, so of course they would prefer reliable Mexicans that will stay there for years, and cost them little.
post #665 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I see Anthony Bourdain has weighed in.


Link?
post #666 of 8748
http://time.com/4094696/donald-trump-anthony-bourdain/

You have to keep in mind Bourdain was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, raised as a raging liberal, but had a bad boy streak and drug habit that landed him in the kitchen. He is always singing the praises of everyone born south of the Mexican border but I notice all his friends are 1%'ers and white.
post #667 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

http://time.com/4094696/donald-trump-anthony-bourdain/

You have to keep in mind Bourdain was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, raised as a raging liberal, but had a bad boy streak and drug habit that landed him in the kitchen. He is always singing the praises of everyone born south of the Mexican border but I notice all his friends are 1%'ers and white.


Oh yes, I read his book. Shame he's such a tool in real life.
post #668 of 8748
Bourdain always wanted cook. He even went to the CIA when he was a kid. I am sure he has a genuine affection for kitchen slaves, but the truth is his idols like Marco Pierre White didn't need Mexicans to win Michelin Stars.
post #669 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

Bourdain always wanted cook. He even went to the CIA when he was a kid. I am sure he has a genuine affection for kitchen slaves, but the truth is his idols like Marco Pierre White didn't need Mexicans to win Michelin Stars.

He only went to the CIA after getting kicked out of Vassar.
post #670 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

He only went to the CIA after getting kicked out of Vassar.

He did two years there. He mentions he walked around there with a Samurai sword his last semester, but no mention of him being kicked out. Read the book years ago, and looking through it right now. He does mention heavy partying. Forgot.
post #671 of 8748
post #672 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

 

You just can't stump him.

post #673 of 8748
post #674 of 8748
The anchor baby cartoon is at once horrific, insulting, and mesmerizing.
post #675 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

The anchor baby cartoon is at once horrific, insulting, and mesmerizing.


Much like The Donald himself

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field