or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 395

post #5911 of 8748
post #5912 of 8748
Yeah, I've heard locker room/bar talk like that, but none of those guys are running for president. I sure hope we hold our president to a higher standard than some-random-guy-in-the-locker-room, but that's just me.
post #5913 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Yeah, I've heard locker room/bar talk like that, but none of those guys are running for president. I sure hope we hold our president to a higher standard than some-random-guy-in-the-locker-room, but that's just me.

This was some years before he decided to run for president. Rather juvenile. Read that lots of young male tv stars get lots of nude pictures of young female fans. Some gals will do anything to be around famous people.
post #5914 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by greger View Post


This was some years before he decided to run for president. Rather juvenile. Read that lots of young male tv stars get lots of nude pictures of young female fans. Some gals will do anything to be around famous people.

So you're okay with it? How long is the deadline before you run for president that things can count against you? 5 years? 10?

post #5915 of 8748
Greger, ya know Trumpy ain't gonna touch abortion, right?
post #5916 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So you're okay with it? How long is the deadline before you run for president that things can count against you? 5 years? 10?

Unless Trump suddenly comes out to the left of Hillary on about a dozen issues, I don't care if he said it yesterday. I'm not shocked by them, nor do I think they are unusual comments for a male celebrity, or men in general. I sincerely doubt he walked around grabbing random women by the crotch as his greeting. If he did, that's a different story.

post #5917 of 8748
Enormous weight has been lifted off my chest........Ufff, that was close....

“Tic Tac respects all women,” the Somerset, N.J.-based company said in a statement ..."


But wait, there was another close call:

Last month, Mars Inc., the maker of Skittles, released a terse statement:

“Skittles are candy; refugees are people,”a spokesperson for the company said .....


I feel safe again.
post #5918 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Pretty sure he didn't mean he walks around grabbing random women by the pussy but this is what the narrative already is. I'm also willing to bet Trump is deep into the slut/madonna dichotomy as it seems so many men are.

omg piob outed as a red piller
Edited by wojt - 10/9/16 at 7:42am
post #5919 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Yeah, I've heard locker room/bar talk like that, but none of those guys are running for president. I sure hope we hold our president to a higher standard than some-random-guy-in-the-locker-room, but that's just me.

If we do hold him to a higher standard that's going to be a new phenomena. Each side wants the other side's person held to a differential standard. I mean Clinton was shoving cigars up Monica's snatch in the fucking White House but the pro-Clinton folks kept repeating, "That's his private life." In no way do I not think Trump is an embarrassment but all those folks that supported Bill through all his years should choke on the hypocrisy of bashing Trump.
post #5920 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross22 View Post

Man I am not looking forward to listening to the bitching and the moaning about Bill for the next 8.5 years...

The way he keeps being brought up you would think he's the one running.
post #5921 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

The way he keeps being brought up you would think he's the one running.

LOL, now you know why people kept laughing at "blame Bush" six and seven years into Obama's administration.

Seriously though, Bill is legit criticism on two points. I've already explained Hillary's actions towards the sexual allegations against her husband are in direct opposition to her championing of women making allegations today and it's laughable that folks that supported Bill through his snatch flavoured stoogies, credible rape and sexual harassment charges, are now acting so outraged about Trump.

I think the problem here is folks that can remember past the last 24 hour news cycle and yet refuse to engage in doublethink.
post #5922 of 8748
I think the distinction is Monica liked it (consensual) while "can grab'em by the pussy" has a nonconsensual, uh, thrust to it. Local Toronto news decided to put it "*predatory* sexual comments" which, like any reference to "sexual assault", is a pure anti-Trump lefty extreme interpretation. Likewise "just locker room banter" is pretty damn kind or pro-Trump, as BC rightly noted. It's somewhere in the middle IMO.

*Trump is a teetotaler so maybe has to get all his worst locker room talk out in non-bar situations? I bet everyone here has said their worst sex talk/bragging stuff while hammered.
post #5923 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

I think the distinction is Monica liked it (consensual) while "can grab'em by the pussy" has a nonconsensual, uh, thrust to it. Local Toronto news decided to put it "*predatory* sexual comments" which, like any reference to "sexual assault", is a pure anti-Trump lefty extreme interpretation. Likewise "just locker room banter" is pretty damn kind or pro-Trump, as BC rightly noted. It's somewhere in the middle IMO.

*Trump is a teetotaler so maybe has to get all his worst locker room talk out in non-bar situations? I bet everyone here has said their worst sex talk/bragging stuff while hammered.

I see what you're saying, but given the multiple allegations against Bill of sexual harassment and actual rape, I still think anyone that supported Bill and is bashing Trump now is engaged in a double standard particularly given the left's stance on reporting of sexual crimes. It's one thing to talk about pussy grabbing and it's a totally different thing to have a credible rape allegation against you as Bill had.
post #5924 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If we do hold him to a higher standard that's going to be a new phenomena. Each side wants the other side's person held to a differential standard. I mean Clinton was shoving cigars up Monica's snatch in the fucking White House but the pro-Clinton folks kept repeating, "That's his private life." In no way do I not think Trump is an embarrassment but all those folks that supported Bill through all his years should choke on the hypocrisy of bashing Trump.


Bills indiscretions were done in private. He did a lot of bad shit that can't be excused, but at least had the judgement to try and hide it. Trump's been shown to repeat lack any judgement. These comments were made during taping of access Holywood. He's made multiple derogatory comments towards women, Muslims, Mexicans and such on the campaign trail and Twitter for Christ sakes. I agree that there is a level of hypocrisy at display by the left here but let's not pretend it's as profound as you are making it out to be.

The cognitive dissonance at display by some of Trumps is maddening. I have no clue how anyone can sweep these types of comments under the rug as harmless locker room banter. Trump is running for the Presidency. We as a country cannot allow ourselves in 2016 to be represented by the racist and sexist pig has shown himself to be over and over again. Trump is an assclown with the judgement of a troll on 4chan.

I really don't like Hilary but it's so obvious who's the better of the two. And the state of the Republican Party and trump needs a beat down. Hopefully it'll get them to recenter and stop playing to the radicals for votes.
post #5925 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Bills indiscretions were done in private. He did a lot of bad shit that can't be excused, but at least had the judgement to try and hide it. Trump's been shown to repeat lack any judgement. These comments were made during taping of access Holywood. He's made multiple derogatory comments towards women, Muslims, Mexicans and such on the campaign trail and Twitter for Christ sakes. I agree that there is a level of hypocrisy at display by the left here but let's not pretend it's as profound as you are making it out to be.

The cognitive dissonance at display by some of Trumps is maddening. I have no clue how anyone can sweep these types of comments under the rug as harmless locker room banter. Trump is running for the Presidency. We as a country cannot allow ourselves in 2016 to be represented by the racist and sexist pig has shown himself to be over and over again.

I really don't like Hilary but it's so obvious who's the better of the two. And the state of the Republican Party and trump needs a beat down. Hopefully it'll get them to recenter and stop playing to the radicals for votes.

Oh, because he raped someone in private he showed better judgement that saying something by a mic he didn't know was hot? Interesting position (TWSS.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field