or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 340

post #5086 of 8748
Just dropping this off here as it made me laugh.

http://www.holdingournosesforhillary.com
post #5087 of 8748
Trump's back on his "We should have annexed Iraq's oil fields" kick again.
post #5088 of 8748
Donald Trump Hands Kellyanne Conway, Stephen Bannon New Roles in Campaign

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-hands-kellyanne-conway-stephen-bannon-new-roles-campaign-n632471

Not a good sign at this late date.
post #5089 of 8748
One trick pony. Just to think, that there are 1000s of 'Trumps' in boardrooms across the US running this country as their corporation and collecting all the revenues while buying and selling gov. officials and politicians.
Makes me sad.
post #5090 of 8748

^ lol pretending to care

post #5091 of 8748
post #5092 of 8748
Polls are instrument to create fav. narrative. I looked at polls someone posted with methodology and breakdown disclosed and it was laughable. They would poll 1800 registered voters, and disclose that 950 were reg. DEMs 200-Independent and the rest REPs. What do you think the outcome of that poll will be?
I wish they would stop this charade and just select the US president in Davos.
post #5093 of 8748
so turns out having an "outsider" run a political campaign is not a good idea
post #5094 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

Polls are instrument to create fav. narrative. I looked at polls someone posted with methodology and breakdown disclosed and it was laughable. They would poll 1800 registered voters, and disclose that 950 were reg. DEMs 200-Independent and the rest REPs. What do you think the outcome of that poll will be?
I wish they would stop this charade and just select the US president in Davos.

 

You looked at some polls once, found them laughable, now all polls are a biased instrument to create a pre-determined narrative.  Good for you. 

post #5095 of 8748
It's still August and we're already at the blaming the polls stage. Neat.




It's amazing how polls end up accurately predicting election results despite being so biased. They must be really good at creating narrative.
post #5096 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

It's still August and we're already at the blaming the polls stage. Neat.




It's amazing how polls end up accurately predicting election results despite being so biased. They must be really good at creating narrative.


They haven't been that accurate this year.  We have had multiple "upsets."  Trump did better in polls than predicted.  Bernie had several upsets over Hillary.  Brexit was a surprise.  Etc.

post #5097 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


They haven't been that accurate this year.  We have had multiple "upsets."  Trump did better in polls than predicted.  Bernie had several upsets over Hillary.  Brexit was a surprise.  Etc.

That is true, but the lawyer wasn't arguing their predictive value. He was literally saying they weren't behind in the polls, which is nuts. I could see them arguing confidence intervals if they were statistically 'tied' in the polls, but they're not.
post #5098 of 8748
Odds Trump quits before 11/20?
post #5099 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


That is true, but the lawyer wasn't arguing their predictive value. He was literally saying they weren't behind in the polls, which is nuts. I could see them arguing confidence intervals if they were statistically 'tied' in the polls, but they're not.


I have a 100% confidence interval that this is literally the worst election in US history.

post #5100 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


They haven't been that accurate this year.  We have had multiple "upsets."  Trump did better in polls than predicted.  Bernie had several upsets over Hillary.  Brexit was a surprise.  Etc.

Primary polling is never that good. They don't run as many polls, if nothing else.

It'd be a much bigger story if the general election polling was significantly wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field