or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 313

post #4681 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


I'd love to see some polling on what % of online Trump supporters don't actually live in the US. And/or are 14 year olds on 4chan.



I'd love to hear what the endgame for how voting for Trump repudiates feminism or political correctness. Do they think electing a gross scumbag is going to make people less inclined to those ideals? Best case scenario you get eight years of an asshole in the White House, then an almost certain correction in the other direction.


I have wondered how many of his male supporters have children.  Because it's one thing to say fuck you to the system when you don't have to worry about the future for your kids and another when you do.  Sometimes, the boring, uninspiring status quo with all its problems is still so much better than going with a lunatic who might just burn it all down.

post #4682 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post


You cannot change the system by using the thinking that created it.


Is this from the Matrix or something?

post #4683 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCarraway View Post

FIFY

I actually agree with you on that multi-party governments have some advantages. But, you get that this would require reforming the basic structure of our government pretty much from the ground up, right? Electing one Libertarian (or even a bunch of them) would just be a temporary jolt to the system. It would drift back to a two-party system in short order unless the fundamental structure was changed.
post #4684 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Is this from the Matrix or something?

Sorry that is not from a movie. I am paraphrasing Albert Einstein there.
post #4685 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Is this from the Matrix or something?

Pretty sure one of his posts earlier up was a quote from Bojack Horseman.
post #4686 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I've wondered why he hasn't embraced the fact that some republicans don't like him. An easy response to why people in his own party are rebuking him would be that Americans are fed up with both parties and any candidate that's listening to the people should be getting flak from his own party.

What the hell are you taking about

He has embraced that most of his party doesn't like him. He's refused to endorse Paul Ryan and John McCain out of pettiness (Paul Ryan because of the "I'm not there yet" and McCain for his recent rant for veterans) and instead endorsed their pro trump opponents.
post #4687 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Pretty sure one of his posts earlier up was a quote from Bojack Horseman.

OMFG facepalm.gif

All my posts are from "Batman the Dark Night in tights treelogy" or "Call Duty 6"
post #4688 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed 
P.S. As for the military in general: most people are assholes, giving asshole a gun and telling him to kill people does not make him an automatic hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BojackHorseman 
Maybe some of the troops are heroes but not automatically, I'm sure a lot of the troops are jerks; Most people are jerks already, and it's not like giving a jerk a gun and telling him it's okay to kill people suddenly turns that jerk into a hero

Meh.
post #4689 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I have wondered how many of his male supporters have children.  Because it's one thing to say fuck you to the system when you don't have to worry about the future for your kids and another when you do.  Sometimes, the boring, uninspiring status quo with all its problems is still so much better than going with a lunatic who might just burn it all down.

Overall the impact of trump is overstated, he wouldnt burn anything down people are too panicky. World will not end no matter if Hillary or Trump becomes president.
post #4690 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post


Overall the impact of trump is overstated, he wouldnt burn anything down people are too panicky. World will not end no matter if Hillary or Trump becomes president.


I'm going to assume your ability to predict the future is as good as mine.  I'm not sure about your ability to learn from the past.

post #4691 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


I'm going to assume your ability to predict the future is as good as mine.  I'm not sure about your ability to learn from the past.

He's more or less correct. We're electing a president, not a king. Also, no matter who wins the House and Senate, they'll hate him so bad nothing will get done.
post #4692 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

He's more or less correct. We're electing a president, not a king. Also, no matter who wins the House and Senate, they'll hate him so bad nothing will get done.
I can always count on you to chime in to assure me someone else is correct. I thought Obama already was king.
post #4693 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I can always count on you to chime in to assure me someone else is correct. I thought Obama already was king.

I notice you did not even bother claiming what I said is incorrect but rather just kvetched a little.
post #4694 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I'd love to hear what the endgame for how voting for Trump repudiates feminism or political correctness. Do they think electing a gross scumbag is going to make people less inclined to those ideals? Best case scenario you get eight years of an asshole in the White House, then an almost certain correction in the other direction.

if you elect someone president who is not politically correct, I'd wager you normalize it to a degree. IMO POTUS is most important cultural figure in the world and what he embodies affects not only politics in USA but in the entire westernized world. I think world needs an asshole, it would be better if it was somebody more normal and nuanced than Trump. But hey if alternative is HRC you don't risk that much tbh.
post #4695 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

What the hell are you taking about

He has embraced that most of his party doesn't like him. He's refused to endorse Paul Ryan and John McCain out of pettiness (Paul Ryan because of the "I'm not there yet" and McCain for his recent rant for veterans) and instead endorsed their pro trump opponents.

But he hasn't communicated that to voters. He's let the media convince people that the sole reason republicans don't like him is because he's awful. He could do a better job of countering that, even if you think it's true.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field