or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 274

post #4096 of 8748
HEY OH!
post #4097 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Can you tell us more about your experience?

Well I'm on this site, aren't I?
post #4098 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

A good essay on profiling serial killers: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/11/12/dangerous-minds

Curiously the author seems to think "Milauskas" is a slavic name when it obviously isn't.

They are all Slavs, Latvians, Lithuanians, Ukrainians, Belorussians, Poles, and even Germans. The only difference between all of them is how much they've gotten fucked by Mongols.
post #4099 of 8748
lithaunians, latvians and estonians are balts their languages are not from slavic family
post #4100 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

lithaunians, latvians and estonians are balts their languages are not from slavic family

 

Don't try to correct his racist ramblings with facts.

post #4101 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

lithaunians, latvians and estonians are balts their languages are not from slavic family

LoL, you said "Balts"
post #4102 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

lithaunians, latvians and estonians are balts their languages are not from slavic family

Wrong the only authentic Baltic languages (meaning the only Non Indo-European) are spoken by Finns and Estonians the rest is all proto-slavic shit.
post #4103 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

Wrong the only authentic Baltic languages (meaning the only Non Indo-European) are spoken by Finns and Estonians the rest is all proto-slavic shit.

Wrong! What are customarily called "Baltic" languages--Latvian, Lithuanian and Prussian [extinct]--are Indo-European languages. Like the Slavic languages they are in the Eastern (satem) group of Indo-European languages. Some linguists have posited an original "Balto-Slavonic" root-language ancestral to both groups. Others have denied this and claimed that linguistic similarities between the Baltic and Slavic languages come from Slavic "loan words" entering into currency in the Baltic languages because of the proximity of these ethnicities. The matter remains controversial, with the pendulum swinging more toward the view that the two linguistic groups are distinct within the greater Eastern Indo-European linguistic family that also includes Albanian, Persian and cognate languages and Vedic with its numerous descendants among the languages of India (Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, etc.).

As you correctly point out, Estonian is unrelated to the Indo-European languages but close to Finnish. I might mention that I find characterizing any language family as "shit" to be singularly vulgar and bigoted.
post #4104 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post

Wrong! What are customarily called "Baltic" languages--Latvian, Lithuanian and Prussian [extinct]--are Indo-European languages. Like the Slavic languages they are in the Eastern (satem) group of Indo-European languages. Some linguists have posited an original "Balto-Slavonic" root-language ancestral to both groups. Others have denied this and claimed that linguistic similarities between the Baltic and Slavic languages come from Slavic "loan words" entering into currency in the Baltic languages because of the proximity of these ethnicities. The matter remains controversial, with the pendulum swinging more toward the view that the two linguistic groups are distinct within the greater Eastern Indo-European linguistic family that also includes Albanian, Persian and cognate languages and Vedic with its numerous descendants among the languages of India (Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, etc.).

As you correctly point out, Estonian is unrelated to the Indo-European languages but close to Finnish. I might mention that I find characterizing any language family as "shit" to be singularly vulgar and bigoted.

Thanks for confirming what I have said. They are all Slavs except for Finns, the rest is just politics of nationalist posturing.

To those who are under 70, word 'shit' as applied in my post does not have a literal meaning of "excrement", welcome to late 20th Century linguistics, grandpa.
post #4105 of 8748
If anything, it's the other way around -- many of the Slavic-speaking people in the Baltic region used to be Balts, but they changed over either during the migration period or after the Lithuanians started assimilating into the Poles and Ruthenians.
post #4106 of 8748
Y'all argue about the weirdest most pedantic esoteric things

I just wanted to know if Piob was going to vote for Trump
post #4107 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Y'all argue about the weirdest most pedantic esoteric things

I just wanted to know if Piob was going to vote for Trump

I am not voting as I can vote for neither of them.
post #4108 of 8748
I just realized that scrolling several pages back

I was pretty curious what the educated well off conservatives in this forum thought of Trump but seems like they find this election a lot worse than most of the previous ones
post #4109 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I am not voting as I can vote for neither of them.

Write in Trudeau's name.
post #4110 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


I am not voting as I can vote for neither of them.


There's always Johnson.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field