or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 248

post #3706 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

Actually, most problems with immigrants come from the first generation born in America.  It isn't specific to Muslims.  The second generation doesn't know how shitty wherever their parents were which led them to the US.  They just see how their parents are treated and how their group is portrayed and they think it is unfair or whatever.


Gee golly, you make it sound like the problem has at least something to do with racism.  On more than one level.  Without any self-consciousness about it.

post #3707 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Actually, most problems with immigrants come from the first generation born in America.  It isn't specific to Muslims.  The second generation doesn't know how shitty wherever their parents were which led them to the US.  They just see how their parents are treated and how their group is portrayed and they think it is unfair or whatever.


The first generation Moslems hold anti-American views. A nice hate platform for the kids.
post #3708 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post


The first generation Moslems hold anti-American views. A nice hate platform for the kids.


If they hate it here, why did they move here?  Why aren't they blowing themselves up or shooting up malls?

post #3709 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Gee golly, you make it sound like the problem has at least something to do with racism.  On more than one level.  Without any self-consciousness about it.

Are you referring to anti-Semitism?
post #3710 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post


If they hate it here, why did they move here?  Why aren't they blowing themselves up or shooting up malls?


I am surrounded by Yankees fleeing from their crappy states that they made crappy with crappy laws, but they want to bring their crappy unions, taxes, and nastiness with them. Same thing with other economic migrants.
post #3711 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Gee golly, you make it sound like the problem has at least something to do with racism.  On more than one level.  Without any self-consciousness about it.

We don't hire Irish.

Italians need not apply.

Catholics not welcome.

How about the concept that historically out groups get hassled?
post #3712 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


We don't hire Irish.

Italians need not apply.

Catholics not welcome.

How about the concept that historically out groups get hassled?


Sometimes they get executed en masse.  Tradition.  I hear you.

post #3713 of 8748
Start at 12:40



post #3714 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Sometimes they get executed en masse.  Tradition.  I hear you.

An attempt to be glib in order to dismiss. More budapest style rhetoric. You are already boring.
post #3715 of 8748

^ So I got to the part about none of them finding homosexuality acceptable.  There is some cosmic-level cognitive dissonance going on with people (Right-wingers in the US especially) finding it acceptable to discriminate against all Muslims because the Muslims don't tolerate homosexuality.

post #3716 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennglock View Post

If Fox News is broadcasting pitch black realism I may have to give them a second look..

Trump's gotten better at this since he accepted a speech writer, but it's the usual politi-speak. Focus group tested stuff without real substance if you dig into it (even superficially).

Similar to his previous foreign policy speech.
post #3717 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


An attempt to be glib in order to dismiss. More budapest style rhetoric. You are already boring.


I did dismiss your point as I thought it too stupid to be serious.  I figured you were trying to be funny.  Trying.  

 

So your point, your serious point, is that discrimination is a rite of passage?  But when that discrimination goes to the point of murder, that's an extreme example and dismissive?  These contradictory feelings you have, they don't ever happen to cause any inner tuggings or conflict?  Just a touch?

post #3718 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Didn't click the link to The Donald's speech.

So what's the mix of US born vs. immigrants?

There's not all that many total, but I think there's only one that was an actual immigrant. The female San Bernadino shooter was Saudi/Pakistani, the husband was American born. The Tsaernaevs were American-born, this fucker in Orlando was American. Fort Hood shooter was American.



If I recall, all the Somalis who were trying to go back to join ISIS were second generation.
post #3719 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Actually, most problems with immigrants come from the first generation born in America.  It isn't specific to Muslims.  The second generation doesn't know how shitty wherever their parents were which led them to the US.  They just see how their parents are treated and how their group is portrayed and they think it is unfair or whatever.

i've posted links to various analyses of this issue--which i'm sure nobody has read--discussing how some imagined desire of belonging really drives the disenfranchised (or those perceiving themselves as alienated, foreigners here and back in their ancestral homes) to attach themselves to a "greater" ideological cause (i.e. ISIS now, with the improved marketing compared to audio tapes and grainy vhs releases of al Qaeda). almost always you'll find them lacking in religious training, easily persuaded by charismatic recruiters (hence falling for the useless fbi sting/entrapment operations), and completely disarrayed upon arrival to their destinations like the kid that just tried running away, caught by the kurds and returned to the US for sentencing. this in no way shifts the blame or excuses their behavior, it's just a first step toward understanding why certain types are driven to act as they do.
post #3720 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


I did dismiss your point as I thought it too stupid to be serious.  I figured you were trying to be funny.  Trying.  

So your point, your serious point, is that discrimination is a rite of passage?  But when that discrimination goes to the point of murder, that's an extreme example and dismissive?  These contradictory feelings you have, they don't ever happen to cause any inner tuggings or conflict?  Just a touch?

WAFM.

My point is that out group discrimination is not only race based (which is what some dumb ass just tried to posit like the fuckwit he is.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field