or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 233

post #3481 of 8748
She's also a plagiarist:

http://nypost.com/2012/05/21/a-recipe-for-trouble/
Quote:
Then the Breitbart blogger got a copy of “Pow Wow Chow,” supposedly a compilation of “special recipes passed down through the Five Tribes families.”

Five recipes came from “Elizabeth Warren — Cherokee.” At least two were plagiarized — lifted verbatim from The New York Times.
post #3482 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

She's also a plagiarist:

http://nypost.com/2012/05/21/a-recipe-for-trouble/

 

Her ancestors probably gave them to the NYT.

post #3483 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post





But lying sack of shit is the scientific term for all this, and helps avoid distinctions, thought, nuance, critical thinking, room for doubt or any other nasty conflicting thoughts.

Why do you pretend to be ignorant or dumb ? Oh, wait you lie to yourself when it suits you and reaffirms your warped version of reality, I get it.
post #3484 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

"Being Native American has been part of my story I guess since the day I was born," Warren told the Boston Herald in early May. "These are my family stories, I have lived in a family that has talked about Native American and talked about tribes since I was a little girl."

My wife, who looks pretty damn white, had similar family stories. Her mom's maternal side always mentioned that they were Native American. A few years ago, my wife looked up old Census records. No Native Americans. They were black. She got in touch with some distant relatives, and a bunch of her family went to a big family reunion. The people were black, white, and everything in the middle.

It was super interesting how the family's stories were just wrong, most likely to hide the fact that they were black. I have no idea what percentage of African heritage she has. It's meaningless. It is a reminder, though, how family stories are often sanitized or manipulated to align with a narrative we think we want to hear.
post #3485 of 8748
At least she didn't use the cookbook to help get herself onto the instructional staff at the CIA.
post #3486 of 8748

Yeah, but how else are we going to get our son into Harvard? We have no choice but to use his mom's newfound heritage.

post #3487 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalb916 View Post

Yeah, but how else are we going to get our son into Harvard? We have no choice but to use his mom's newfound heritage.

Have a friend, trust fund baby. His wife was a single mother when they met and her child had an African American father. That daughter was offered full rides to several schools and she picked one far from home, as kids will do, and in a very white part of the country. Apparently she was super popular as a sorority candidate too. Next daughter, a far better student than her older sister, received zero offers of full rides and apparently was not nearly as interesting a candidate to have rush.

I think your son will do well.

The point here is that anyone that says race is not a factor is lying to themselves.
post #3488 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalb916 View Post

My wife, who looks pretty damn white, had similar family stories. Her mom's maternal side always mentioned that they were Native American. A few years ago, my wife looked up old Census records. No Native Americans. They were black. She got in touch with some distant relatives, and a bunch of her family went to a big family reunion. The people were black, white, and everything in the middle.

It was super interesting how the family's stories were just wrong, most likely to hide the fact that they were black. I have no idea what percentage of African heritage she has. It's meaningless. It is a reminder, though, how family stories are often sanitized or manipulated to align with a narrative we think we want to hear.
No no your wife is a lying sack of shit. Journalistic powerhouses like the NYPost, Breitbart, the Enquirer, and some random fucking internet conspiracy theorist geniuses all agree.
post #3489 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

No no your wife is a lying sack of shit. Journalistic powerhouses like the NYPost, Breitbart, the Enquirer, and some random fucking internet conspiracy theorist geniuses all agree.

WAFM you are. You post about nuance and thinking yet you come in here slinging this garbage. Warren is a lying sack of shit as she continues to maintain the stance, and actively represent herself as such, in a dearth of evidence. It would seem you're guilty of your own accusations (which others have noted too.)

Also, I notice you left The Atlantic out of your list. Just ignore what you need to, right?
post #3490 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


WAFM you are. You post about nuance and thinking yet you come in here slinging this garbage. Warren is a lying sack of shit as she continues to maintain the stance, and actively represent herself as such, in a dearth of evidence. It would seem you're guilty of your own accusations (which others have noted too.)

Also, I notice you left The Atlantic out of your list. Just ignore what you need to, right?


Most of your posts are fluffy garbage-spewing assertions that "X is a lying sack of shit" and then that the people who oppose this view are "blindly partisan" and you then want to have a fucking rigorous debate about the merits of these idiotic assertions of opinion that you present as fact?  There is a difference between telling a lie and unknowingly saying something that is not true.  Do I know what Warren did?  No, I have no clue, and you don't either.  Go ahead and plow full steam ahead on a tirade about why Elizabeth Warren's claim she is part NA means she is pure garbage.  I myself know that I have never verified anything my parents or grandparents ever told me about my heritage - I assume it's true and nobody has questioned me and nobody will until I run for office (don't worry, I never will).  

 

I read the Atlantic and I quoted it previously.  Again, nuance.  As I recall, you dismissed my post as blindly partisan but now you got your feelings hurt at the assertion you are a blowhard full of shit yourself?

post #3491 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Have a friend, trust fund baby. His wife was a single mother when they met and her child had an African American father. That daughter was offered full rides to several schools and she picked one far from home, as kids will do, and in a very white part of the country. Apparently she was super popular as a sorority candidate too. Next daughter, a far better student than her older sister, received zero offers of full rides and apparently was not nearly as interesting a candidate to have rush.

I think your son will do well.

The point here is that anyone that says race is not a factor is lying to themselves.


Your point is what?  That affirmative action exists?  No shit.

post #3492 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalb916 View Post

My wife, who looks pretty damn white, had similar family stories. Her mom's maternal side always mentioned that they were Native American. A few years ago, my wife looked up old Census records. No Native Americans. They were black.

That's very common. But if she's interested, your wife ought to try the 23andme test. Census records aren't guaranteed to be right for any number of reasons.
post #3493 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Most of your posts are fluffy garbage-spewing assertions that "X is a lying sack of shit" and then that the people who oppose this view are "blindly partisan" and you then want to have a fucking rigorous debate about the merits of these idiotic assertions of opinion that you present as fact?  There is a difference between telling a lie and unknowingly saying something that is not true.  Do I know what Warren did?  No, I have no clue, and you don't either.  Go ahead and plow full steam ahead on a tirade about why Elizabeth Warren's claim she is part NA means she is pure garbage.  I myself know that I have never verified anything my parents or grandparents ever told me about my heritage - I assume it's true and nobody has questioned me and nobody will until I run for office (don't worry, I never will).  

I read the Atlantic and I quoted it previously.  Again, nuance.  As I recall, you dismissed my post as blindly partisan but now you got your feelings hurt at the assertion you are a blowhard full of shit yourself?

I dismissed it as blindly partisan as you kept up the defense in light of evidence to the contrary. If you were just manifesting your basic stupidity, vs. being blindly partisan, I will accept this correction.

More proof of your blind partisanship is your subtle attempt to shade and then dismiss the journalism that's been presented by leaving out the Atlantic in your list. If you were attempting to be objective you would have included the left leaning but well respected source even though its reporting ran contrary to the narrative you want to create. Your actions speak even louder than your shrill words.
post #3494 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

At least she didn't use the cookbook to help get herself onto the instructional staff at the CIA.

WTF? Who's dick did she suck?

I know CIA Chefs, and one of them finally landed a teaching job... in Singapore.
post #3495 of 8748
I'm guessing this is a pro Trump group on a campus because there are two MAGA hats. Shows a male version of trigglypuff. With that kind of baby fat you can tell he had low testosterone ever since he began puberty. Sad!

Trump just won't quit trolling. He wants a "winners evening" at the convention and replace politicians with sports champions. As strange as the whole idea is, I think people seeing Tom Brady endorse Trump is going to have more of an impact than most politicians. It's a smart idea.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/11/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-convention-sports-celebrities.html?_r=0
Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. — Donald J. Trump has some ideas for how to jazz up the Republican National Convention, and he previewed one at a rally here on Friday evening: a “winner’s evening” of sports celebrities and champions addressing the convention rather than politicians.

“We’re going to do it a little different, if it’s O.K.,” he told the crowd. “I’m thinking about getting some of the great sports people who like me a lot.”

After regaling the crowd with the long story of how he successfully courted the endorsement of Bobby Knight, the former Indiana University basketball coach, Mr. Trump rattled off a list of other names of sports figures who he said have supported him. According to the candidate, he also has the support of the star quarterbacks Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger; Brian France, the chief executive of Nascar; and Dana White, the president of Ultimate Fighting Championship.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field