or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 231

post #3451 of 8748
Thus the definition of progressive, one who makes progress. Of course, making progress in polls is most important. I don't see the relevance of any of it, though
post #3452 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

That's pretty cool.

23 and Me is very cool.

I was adopted and knew nothing about my ancestry or health history. For $100, I found out a bunch of really interesting stuff about my background.
post #3453 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

Thus the definition of progressive, one who makes progress. Of course, making progress in polls is most important. I don't see the relevance of any of it, though

IMO folks that can take credit for progress are early adopters and front runners and not opportunistic bandwagon motherfuckers. I feel an honest bigot is easier for me to deal with than someone that held a bigoted position when it was politically expedient and then "progressed" once it became the mainstream position. Sort of like Obama being dead set against gay marriage before "evolving" his position on it.
post #3454 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

IMO folks that can take credit for progress are early adopters and front runners and not opportunistic bandwagon motherfuckers. I feel an honest bigot is easier for me to deal with than someone that held a bigoted position when it was politically expedient and then "progressed" once it became the mainstream position. Sort of like Obama being dead set against gay marriage before "evolving" his position on it.

The problem is now what constitutes a front runner or early adopter, polls at 1, 5, 20, 49% ? Second, what difference does it make? You sound like a hipster with this kind of statement--didn't catch on soon enough!

And second, is it a surprise that politicians act like politicians and go as the wind blows?
post #3455 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

The problem is now what constitutes a front runner or early adopter, polls at 1, 5, 20, 49% ? Second, what difference does it make? You sound like a hipster with this kind of statement--didn't catch on soon enough!

And second, is it a surprise that politicians act like politicians and go as the wind blows?

None of this is really responsive.
post #3456 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Remember when Hillary was against gay marriage or civil unions?
Yes. Remember how many people were pro slavery?
post #3457 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Yes. Remember how many people were pro slavery?

Is one of those people running for POTUS? If not this is irrelevant.
post #3458 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Yes. Remember how many people were pro slavery?

Where is manton these days?
post #3459 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

The problem is now what constitutes a front runner or early adopter, polls at 1, 5, 20, 49% ? Second, what difference does it make? You sound like a hipster with this kind of statement--didn't catch on soon enough!

And second, is it a surprise that politicians act like politicians and go as the wind blows?
This is a good response
post #3460 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Is one of those people running for POTUS? If not this is irrelevant.
You just don't see the relevance is all
post #3461 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

This is a good response

No, it's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

You just don't see the relevance is all

You're correct, I don't. Because there is none.
post #3462 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Well, it was her husband that signed DOMA into law...something people seem to forget.

 

That can't be right.  It must have been that religious bigot Booosh

post #3463 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

23 and Me is very cool.

I was adopted and knew nothing about my ancestry or health history. For $100, I found out a bunch of really interesting stuff about my background.
That's pretty cool. My first cousin was adopted and doesn't really know much about his natural family. I should ask him if he's ever done this.
I know that for some, trying to locate or meet your birth parents has all sorts of issues wrapped up in it, but this seems like a less emotionally loaded way of finding out some interesting stuff about yourself.
post #3464 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

None of this is really responsive.

of course it is, you have no criteria/cutoff for when adoption is sufficiently early enough so you can be selectively and arbitrarily upset, and the second part -- the relevance -- was a question in my original post which you quoted then didn't address.

but whatever it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, you get another 4+ years to rant about this and more
Edited by the shah - 6/10/16 at 3:39pm
post #3465 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

of course it is, you have no criteria/cutoff for when adoption is sufficiently early enough so you can be selectively and arbitrarily upset, and the second part -- the relevance -- was a question in my original post which you quoted then didn't address.

but whatever it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, you get another 4+ years to rant about this and more

I'm not upset in the least. I just think she's a lying and disingenuous piece of shit that would say Saddam Hussein fucked her if she thought it would get her elected. Due to this I find it sadly humorous when people look to decide one side has the moral high ground over the other. Your trying to trap me into defining when adoption ceases to be "progress" and merely becomes self-serving in no way counters the fact she and Bill were clearly against gay marriage when that was the majority opinion in the US and was politically expedient one to hold. Same goes for Obama.

I've really got no hound in this hunt and am equally happy to tear Trump a new one. He's a loud mouthed piece of shit and will make a horrible POTUS. I just take exception when folks want to try and pretend Hillary is anything but a power hungry and amoral bitch that will die a billionaire due to her and Bill's influence and quite probably corruption.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field