or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 217

post #3241 of 8748
Dude, car guys ended like 5 years ago- they're just airing re runs
post #3242 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Dude, car guys ended like 5 years ago- they're just airing re runs

Sorry I haven't been listening for at least that long. Thank you for correcting me bro.
post #3243 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbernine View Post

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, a pretty witty quiz show based on the weeks news stories canceled their usual format this week because they are just sick of the whole Trump thing. When the comics tire of making fun of you? 

That show along with Car Guys should have been cancelled looong time ago. They are as amusing as toothache.
I remember NPR as something worth listening, before it became a stupid collection of political radio-vignettes.
I still remember programs they were making on History of Language or Diversity of mushrooms or Neologisms in English or Astrophysics and theory of time with guest-experts calling from all over the World to participate. Now NPR is worthy of its subjects ,such as DT.


I can understand that the appeal would be limited if you you were a self important,humorless ,boor 

post #3244 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post


Sorry I haven't been listening for at least that long. Thank you for correcting me bro.

It's all good Broseidon, lord of the Brocean.

post #3245 of 8748
Car Talk was fun just because the hosts were always so jolly. There's no way you could be in a bad mood listening to those guys. I'd listen to it all the time and I have zero interest in automotives.

The NPR Politics podcast just does nothing but trash Trump now. This is very different from a few months ago where they just analyzed the race. The show has completely changed.
post #3246 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

The NPR Politics podcast just does nothing but trash Trump now. This is very different from a few months ago where they just analyzed the race. The show has completely changed.

Calling public figures out on their bad behavior is part of the role of the media. Sticking to analyzing the race is part of the problem. This isn't limited to Trump either, the cable news obsession with politics as horserace really diminishes the substance of the political process. There's a lot more to talk about than just the politics of the instant. The things candidates say and do, and their impacts, are absolutely a necessary part of the conversation.



I find NPR's coverage refreshing in comparison to CNN and the others. They're not kowtowing to the font of Trump related ratings money, so they can call him out the way he deserves to be called out.
post #3247 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


Perhaps you didn't understand my question so I will ask again:  The divisiveness that has been preached over the decades is a phenomenon of the left?


I even increased the size of my font to make it easier to read

Again, yes. The kind of divisiveness we've been talking about in this thread is almost exclusively coming from the left. What would their platform be without it? They used to point to Europe as evidence of this ideology succeeding. They're running out of case studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

I think Trump is trying to self destruct. He is like a guy who got in over his head and now scared of what is next. He is like a "Big Tentpole Offender " of Amurikan politics. I def. get a vibe of mental sabotage from Trump. If he keeps doing that he would become the most despised personality in US because he will not only burn himself he will destroy GOP and make total fools of his base.
Scary shit , looking at his interviews from past week .

If this thing with the judge happened during the primary, the motivation would have been obvious, but now that he's won the nomination it doesn't make sense. I suppose he could really believe it, or his addiction to acting out when something doesn't go his way is stronger than I imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

The entity of the nation itself and the culture (edit: and the current laws) are not the same thing. "Hating America" implies that you're opposed to the national interests of the country itself. There's nothing contradictory about wanting to improve a nation that you love, but find has deep and significant flaws.
Lots of people believe that "American values" include doing things because they're morally right, not simply because they directly benefit the nation. We have a long tradition of helping refugees and it's hardly destroyed the country.
It's apparently central to your argument, so I kind of think you need to actually demonstrate exactly how "the Left" is unwilling to contribute to the nation's well being.

Many are opposed to our national interests. They are after their version of justice. They are perfectly fine with bringing down our standard of living and our culture, so long as these "disenfranchised" people are let in. It hasn't destroyed us yet. Technically speaking, it hasn't destroyed Sweden either, but it will. Things will continue to deteriorate - the media will try to ignore it as long as they can. Rioting, crime, rape, etc. will continue to become more of a problem in Sweden until there's a major conflict and some kind of revolt from the people.

If we can't agree that bringing in people from radicalized parts of the world is a bad idea, who can we rule out? What category of people could we say no to and the left would agree?
post #3248 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

This could be very true.

I'll note he's currently crashing in the prediction markets.
post #3249 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Has anyone considered that even at this late date, Trump might not want to be elected.

He has a pretty good life that he can return to and it's hard to believe he could/would put up with the daily microscopic reviews that Presidents get.

Obama of course got a long pass from the close reviews, but who believes that Trump would be treated like Obama.

The Vets money press conference was a good example a genuinely angry Trump ( as opposed to his typical faux anger ), and it sure didn't seem like he enjoyed it or would want to constantly have days like that.

Also, does anyone think Trump has any shame? I don't think so.

Yeah, I said this 5 days ago, before the "Mexican Judge" stuff.

Trump seems to be playing a gamesmanship type of thing by seeing how far he can go.

And his habit of never admitting he is wrong and then doubling down, is something that eventually leads to trouble.

How far can Trump go? Can he use the N word? Can he be proven a liar and a fraud regarding his tax returns, his net worth, Trump U, his Conservatism etc., and not pay a price.

To me, the strongest things Trump has going for himself is that he's not Hillary and he stands ( rightly or wrongly ) as the anti-PC candidate. Instead of playing up these things he seems to enjoy just stirring up shit, often for no reason.

Of course he can't admit it, but maybe he senses "his game" has gone too far, and he wonders how he can back down.
post #3250 of 8748

Hell this was 7 YEARS ago

 

post #3251 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Yeah, I said this 5 days ago, before the "Mexican Judge" stuff.

Trump seems to be playing a gamesmanship type of thing by seeing how far he can go.

And his habit of never admitting he is wrong and then doubling down, is something that eventually leads to trouble.

How far can Trump go? Can he use the N word? Can he be proven a liar and a fraud regarding his tax returns, his net worth, Trump U, his Conservatism etc., and not pay a price.

To me, the strongest things Trump has going for himself is that he's not Hillary and he stands ( rightly or wrongly ) as the anti-PC candidate. Instead of playing up these things he seems to enjoy just stirring up shit, often for no reason.

Of course he can't admit it, but maybe he senses "his game" has gone too far, and he wonders how he can back down.

This pretty much just seems to fall under the territory of "Trump being Trump." I don't think we need some grand strategy or secret brinkmanship ploy, this is just what he does.

I was pretty much expecting him to end up calling Hillary a "cunt" during a debate.
post #3252 of 8748

I would not want to be in  his shoes if that crowd ever realizes what most of us already know,that he's just having them on to stroke his own ego

post #3253 of 8748
New video from the night of the San Jose riot. These latino gentlemen sucker punch two women then go on to attack other suspected Trump supporters:
post #3254 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post


I'll have you know Johnson is poised to get as much as 2% of the vote in some states

 

Investor’s Business Daily/TIPP Poll has him at 11%

Fox News poll has him at 10%

Monmouth University poll has him at 11%

 

Before you say anything else blindingly stupid, why not ask permission of the adults first, mmm-K?

post #3255 of 8748
It's a shame for him that none of those are an election.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field