or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 216

post #3226 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post


Perhaps you didn't understand my question so I will ask again:  The divisiveness that has been preached over the decades is a phenomenon of the left?


I even increased the size of my font to make it easier to read

What do you mean by "divisiveness?" If you mean something along the lines of "identity politics" then the answer is a resounding, "FUCK YEAH!" That would not be the exhaustive list of divisiveness, and heaven knows the right plays its own games of division, but to try and make out the left doesn't have divide and conquer in its playbook too is ludicrous.
post #3227 of 8748

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by suited View Post


If their improved version is completely different, then it's pretty clear they despised the previous version. Obama wanted to "fundamentally transform" America. Nobody has ever wanted to fundamentally transform something they like.

 

 

I had a motorcycle with Bridgestone Battlax tires.  Those tires gave great mileage but I hated how they handled in fast tight corners.  I ditched the "Slipstones" and bought a set of Pirelli Super Corsas and they fundamentally changed how the bike handled. I felt unstoppable (except when the temps dropped below 40°). I loved my bike before but after changing the tires, I loved it even more.  

 

 

What were we talking about again?

post #3228 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


What do you mean by "divisiveness?" If you mean something along the lines of "identity politics" then the answer is a resounding, "FUCK YEAH!" That would not be the exhaustive list of divisiveness, and heaven knows the right plays its own games of division, but to try and make out the left doesn't have divide and conquer in its playbook too is ludicrous.

 

 

Ask Suited since those are his words, not mine.  I just asked him to defend his statment

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

It's partly the illegal and to some extent legal immigration thing, but what sort of duty or patriotism does the average 19 year old white liberal have to their country? Probably none, from their perspective. A lot of the people throwing hissy fits on college campuses are white. Being born here automatically places you in the top couple percent of the global population. Some of these babies are throwing tantrums from the best universities in the world. You don't grow to hate a place like that by accident. It wouldn't be rational. It's taught to you, systematically. The divisiveness that's been preached for decades is starting to manifest itself in a way that it never has before. I'll be surprised if someone doesn't get shot at one of these protests before the election is over.
 
post #3229 of 8748

Going on a rant about divisiveness all the while blaming the "other side" :crackup:

post #3230 of 8748

Patriots

post #3231 of 8748
I think Trump is trying to self destruct. He is like a guy who got in over his head and now scared of what is next. He is like a "Big Tentpole Offender " of Amurikan politics. I def. get a vibe of mental sabotage from Trump. If he keeps doing that he would become the most despised personality in US because he will not only burn himself he will destroy GOP and make total fools of his base.
Scary shit , looking at his interviews from past week .
post #3232 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

I think Trump is trying to self destruct. He is like a guy who got in over his head and now scared of what is next. He is like a "Big Tentpole Offender " of Amurikan politics. I def. get a vibe of mental sabotage from Trump. If he keeps doing that he would become the most despised personality in US because he will not only burn himself he will destroy GOP and make total fools of his base.
Scary shit , looking at his interviews from past week .

This could be very true.
post #3233 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

I think Trump is trying to self destruct. He is like a guy who got in over his head and now scared of what is next. He is like a "Big Tentpole Offender " of Amurikan politics. I def. get a vibe of mental sabotage from Trump. If he keeps doing that he would become the most despised personality in US because he will not only burn himself he will destroy GOP and make total fools of his base.
Scary shit , looking at his interviews from past week .


 i have harbored this belief for awhile now. Maybe watching those Republican politicos selling their souls gave it all an air of "this is not a silly reality show"

post #3234 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

I think Trump is trying to self destruct. He is like a guy who got in over his head and now scared of what is next. He is like a "Big Tentpole Offender " of Amurikan politics. I def. get a vibe of mental sabotage from Trump. If he keeps doing that he would become the most despised personality in US because he will not only burn himself he will destroy GOP and make total fools of his base.
Scary shit , looking at his interviews from past week .

Kinda reminds me of that Philip Roth book: The Plot Against America
post #3235 of 8748
Would be a perfect time for middle of the road pre-crazy McCain to come back.
post #3236 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Would be a perfect time for middle of the road pre-crazy McCain to come back.
When he was a GOP candidate vs Bush Jr. . That is the only time I liked what he was saying and that is election law reform.
post #3237 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

If their improved version is completely different, then it's pretty clear they despised the previous version. Obama wanted to "fundamentally transform" America. Nobody has ever wanted to fundamentally transform something they like.

The entity of the nation itself and the culture (edit: and the current laws) are not the same thing. "Hating America" implies that you're opposed to the national interests of the country itself. There's nothing contradictory about wanting to improve a nation that you love, but find has deep and significant flaws.
Quote:
True, but they're not making it better. Bringing in 65,000 people from Syria, as Hillary wants to do, does not make us better.
Lots of people believe that "American values" include doing things because they're morally right, not simply because they directly benefit the nation. We have a long tradition of helping refugees and it's hardly destroyed the country.
Quote:
I don't think this needs defining. In any event, it doesn't matter. Patriotism is mocked, regardless of how it's defined. It's a necessity of forcing multi-culturalism onto any society. You can't have a populace that values tradition and the native culture.

It's apparently central to your argument, so I kind of think you need to actually demonstrate exactly how "the Left" is unwilling to contribute to the nation's well being.
Edited by Gibonius - 6/6/16 at 1:09pm
post #3238 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

I think Trump is trying to self destruct. He is like a guy who got in over his head and now scared of what is next. He is like a "Big Tentpole Offender " of Amurikan politics. I def. get a vibe of mental sabotage from Trump. If he keeps doing that he would become the most despised personality in US because he will not only burn himself he will destroy GOP and make total fools of his base.
Scary shit , looking at his interviews from past week .

I mean, from someone who never liked Trump, this just seems like more of the same only he's not getting a free pass for it this time. Why is anyone surprised? None of this stuff is out of line with where he's been for months, he's just the only Republican getting attention now and instead of a fractured chickenshit group of Republican candidates who didn't want to take him on, he's got the whole Democratic machine.
post #3239 of 8748

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, a pretty witty quiz show based on the weeks news stories canceled their usual format this week because they are just sick of the whole Trump thing. When the comics tire of making fun of you? 

post #3240 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbernine View Post

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, a pretty witty quiz show based on the weeks news stories canceled their usual format this week because they are just sick of the whole Trump thing. When the comics tire of making fun of you? 

That show along with Car Guys should have been cancelled looong time ago. They are as amusing as toothache.
I remember NPR as something worth listening, before it became a stupid collection of political radio-vignettes.
I still remember programs they were making on History of Language or Diversity of mushrooms or Neologisms in English or Astrophysics and theory of time with guest-experts calling from all over the World to participate. Now NPR is worthy of its subjects ,such as DT.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field