or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 131

post #1951 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Well...your point is a good one but factually you're incorrect. Yes, there are about 3 million Muslims in the US but well over half, about 65%, are immigrants. This means the US has indeed imported them "in the millions." wink.gif

"By the millions" seemingly implies that there are millions in a short period of time. It's apparently about a hundred thousand a year. So yeah, we get a million a decade, however you want to parse that. There are ten times more in Europe, for comparison.


Interestingly, the actual number of Muslims in the US has been pretty flat because 1/5 converts to another religion once they get here and 1/5 just stops practicing.
post #1952 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

"By the millions" seemingly implies that there are millions in a short period of time. It's apparently about a hundred thousand a year. So yeah, we get a million a decade, however you want to parse that. There are ten times more in Europe, for comparison.


Interestingly, the actual number of Muslims in the US has been pretty flat because 1/5 converts to another religion once they get here and 1/5 just stops practicing.

Agreed on the huge number in the Euro-zone. Given their poor history of assimilating folks more divergent from Western norms I wish them luck...as they're going to need it!
post #1953 of 8748
Out of the horse (Paul Ryan) mouth , GOP is grooming him to be convention nominee. Lol, it will only work if Ryan runs as VP to Trump, but he wount. He is as dumb as he looks if he thinks he can win with Trump doing 3rd party-fuck you bit.
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/paul-ryan-well-make-trump-work
post #1954 of 8748
Trump should actually form a third party (as in not just for this election) in case they screw him over. How feasible is that?
post #1955 of 8748
If the GOP pulls any stunts, they will lose the House and the Senate to boot, be resented, and possibly create a rival populist party.

Trump will get 30 percent of the black and Hispanic vote, and will increase GOP voters by a factor of 2.

Trump in the White House = Clinton not in the White House. Plus, a wall.
post #1956 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

If the GOP pulls any stunts, they will lose the House and the Senate to boot, be resented, and possibly create a rival populist party.

Trump will get 30 percent of the black and Hispanic vote, and will increase GOP voters by a factor of 2.

Trump in the White House = Clinton not in the White House. Plus, a wall.

Yeah, the GOP doesn't want to do anything that would make a material portion of the electorate resent them...
post #1957 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Trump will get 30 percent of the black and Hispanic vote, and will increase GOP voters by a factor of 2.

No.
post #1958 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post

Trump should actually form a third party (as in not just for this election) in case they screw him over. How feasible is that?

Not very feasible. There's all sorts of rules and regulations about being on the ballot in certain states. I know Texas specifically has a lot of onerous restrictions in place.
post #1959 of 8748
Trump might just do it out of spite, especially since it looks like a brokered convention is the only way he won't get the nomination.
post #1960 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Trump will get 30 percent of the black and Hispanic vote, and will increase GOP voters by a factor of 2.

No.

last time I checked he got 25% of black vote, that's more than most GOP nominees IIRC
post #1961 of 8748
.
post #1962 of 8748
Isn't it telling how the media changes its tone on Trump as soon as he pretty much secured a plurality of the delegates?
post #1963 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

If the GOP pulls any stunts, they will lose the House and the Senate to boot, be resented, and possibly create a rival populist party.

Trump will get 30 percent of the black and Hispanic vote, and will increase GOP voters by a factor of 2.

Trump in the White House = Clinton not in the White House. Plus, a wall.

Show me a poll that has Trump beating Clinton.
post #1964 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Isn't it telling how the media changes its tone on Trump as soon as he pretty much secured a plurality of the delegates?

They flipped a few weeks ago. It was almost overnight, especially Fox News. Right around when Romney was bashing him. They started bringing in new panelists to defend Trump and got all riled up about the establishment figures attacking him, despite the fact that Fox had been doing the exact same thing literally the day before. It was hilarious.
post #1965 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

last time I checked he got 25% of black vote, that's more than most GOP nominees IIRC

I can only find one poll that supports that number, and most others are much much lower.


According to CNN exit polls, 10% of blacks voted Republican at all in Illinois. There weren't even enough responses to get per candidate statistics. Similar in Florida. That's pretty much in line with general election normal turnout.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field