or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 119

post #1771 of 8748
post #1772 of 8748
Or a Muslim dictator
post #1773 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Or a Muslim dictator

Dictator-poster-Hitler-Obama-Stalin.jpg

Muslim dictatorship aside, that doesn't stop him from being Hitler and/or Lenin.

Though I am sort of surprised they didn't go for the more recognizable Stalin instead on that meme.
post #1774 of 8748
Because it's a commentary about the public supporting bad people rather than backroom power brokering (like how Stalin came to power).

Maybe when they do one for Hillary they'll use Stalin.
post #1775 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

The, "I'm moving to another country" hissy fit is always laughable. The best yet were the folks saying they'd move to Canada if Obama got elected, because yeah, that's where a US right winger wants to be.

rolleyes.gif

I've seen Ireland and Canada posted on my newsfeed. They are just repeating what they heard on the view. I don't think they understand Congress has a say in how much of Trump's agenda would materialize into law, and they also assume Trump intends to act on everything he might say during the primary season.
post #1776 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

I've seen Ireland and Canada posted on my newsfeed. They are just repeating what they heard on the view. I don't think they understand Congress has a say in how much of Trump's agenda would materialize into law, and they also assume Trump intends to act on everything he might say during the primary season.

That last part is very true and also something folks need to remember for a few different reasons. Many folks were fine with Obama's "shit you say to get elected" but somehow feel everything Trump says is what he's going to put into play when he's elected King.
post #1777 of 8748
The irritating thing is that all the hyperbole about the horror of Fuhrer Trump is playing into his hands. It makes the opposition look unhinged. He's not going to be gassing people or invading Europe. Walk it back a bit folks.

There are plenty of reasons, from the left, right, and non-partisan, to dislike Trump. It doesn't require hyperbole.
post #1778 of 8748
Not only does it make the opposition looked unhinged but Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Eric will object and not find the following convincing as I'm about to make an impressionistic and unsubstantiated claim based on my experiences
I think it just whips up his supporters to feel they are more correct in supporting him given how some detractors are portraying Trump.
post #1779 of 8748

I agree' sort of glad the david duke thing went away cause the next day he's getting all defensive about his penis size LMFAO

post #1780 of 8748
Sure. It's playing right into the "anti-PC" shtick he's got going on. They're going to read this stuff as "speaking Truth gets you labeled as Hitler, because the establishment is terrified of Trump."


There was a period before the primaries started where seemingly every editorial about Trump featured at least a couple pretty ugly insults towards Trump. It was like they couldn't resist. When the whole point is that Trump isn't fit to be President because of his demeanor, you're doing a major disservice to your arguments by diving down into the mud.
post #1781 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

I agree' sort of glad the david duke thing went away cause the next day he's getting all defensive about his penis size LMFAO

Typical of that racist. Now that the black guy can't run again Trump is all about dick size.
post #1782 of 8748

I don't know if this is true, but it showed up in my feed.  Someone is pushing the Hitler meme.  I wonder if it is just Trump trolling them.

 

post #1783 of 8748
post #1784 of 8748
Is there an actual right-wing resentment handbook that's in circulation? If so, I'm sure it contains this procedure:

1) Do or say crazy/asinine/incompetent stuff.
2) Wait for reactions, some of them sure to be hyperbolic.
3) Say, "Haha, look at that hyperbole. See, we're actually totally rational and that crazy/asinine/incompetent stuff is cool. High five!"

You can fill in 1) with all sorts of fun! Fail to thwart biggest terrorist attack in U.S. history; start a shitty war based on a false premise; let a lot of poor people go stranded in a flooded city even though there was warning ahead of time; refer to Mexicans as criminals and rapists; talk approvingly about killing Muslims with pig-blood dipped bullets; advocate building religious discrimination into our immigration policy; hesitate to denounce KKK and white supremacist endorsement. WHEEEEEEEEEEE! It works every time!
post #1785 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

You can fill in 1) with all sorts of fun! Fail to thwart biggest terrorist attack in U.S. history; start a shitty war based on a false premise; let a lot of poor people go stranded in a flooded city even though there was warning ahead of time;

I guess we can agree on these points easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

refer to Mexicans as criminals and rapists; talk approvingly about killing Muslims with pig-blood dipped bullets; advocate building religious discrimination into our immigration policy; hesitate to denounce KKK and white supremacist endorsement. WHEEEEEEEEEEE! It works every time!

problem here is that Trumps makes a claim, that maybe like you said outrageous/questionable/false but many media outlets spin it into something worse. Then commentators call him racist/make Hitler comparisons- next people check what he actually said and it turns out media distorted the truth so it just produces more support for him.

example:


this not mine it is from yt video- The Untruth About Donald Trump

He probably does this consciously from the very start to get attention. So by lying they are playing right into his small hands.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field