or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 108

post #1606 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Romney saying the kinds of patently obvious things that won't have much of an effect because Trump supporters know this kind of shit but still think, "Hurr hurr I'm so mad at the establishment and I'm having a rootin'-tootin' good time having an outlet for my resentment that those damn PC libruls won't let me express the way I want."

FTFY again
post #1607 of 8748
^ Which is completely different from the Bernie folks expressing their resentment...
post #1608 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

^ Which is completely different from the Bernie folks expressing their resentment...

Bernie Bros' resentment at black people lately for not marching lock step behind the Bern has been incredibly grating lately. It's almost like black people's views don't actually count when they differ from their own.
post #1609 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

Bernie Bros' resentment at black people lately for not marching lock step behind the Bern has been incredibly grating lately. It's almost like black people's views don't actually count when they differ from their own.

The Bernie people are channeling a lot of the same mentality as Ron Paul fanatics. Almost detached from reality. Reddit was awash with anti-Hillary and pro-Bernie stuff on Super Tuesday, and then there was this palpable air of despair when they realized that oh wait, Hillary is winning easily anyway.

The stuff with their resentment about the black community is great. It's so condescending, like they're so upset because they know what's best for those negroes but they're not smart enough to realize it.
post #1610 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

^ Which is completely different from the Bernie folks expressing their resentment...

The Bernie people have the frustration and anger, but there's a lot less of the vitriol. Bernie's saying mostly mainstream things, in a mainstream way. It's just that his policy solutions are further left. That's not the appeal with Trump.

This whole "I love Trump because he says what he thinks" isn't really about PC culture. They like Trump because he's giving validation to views and attitudes that haven't been socially acceptable for awhile.
post #1611 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

^ Which is completely different from the Bernie folks expressing their resentment...

The common comparison between Trump's and Bernie's popularity has some basis but misses something crucial--it's a comparison based on form rather than content. (By the way, that's my nice way of calling something stupid.) Sure, the affective form of resentment might look the same if you ignore the actual trajectory of that resentment. But building a wall to keep out Mexicans (many of whom are would-be rapists) =! single-payer universal health care coverage. Resentment against Muslims =! resentment against profiteering that finds ever more byzantine ways to avoid paying taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

Bernie Bros' resentment at black people lately for not marching lock step behind the Bern has been incredibly grating lately. It's almost like black people's views don't actually count when they differ from their own.

This is true, and it probably cuts closer to what Piob was trying to gesture toward. Probably hugely important to note that Bernie has--as far as I can tell--never displayed this kind of affect at all. So there's a disconnect between the comportment of the candidate himself vs. that of (an annoying contingent of) his supporters.
post #1612 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

The Bernie people have the frustration and anger, but there's a lot less of the vitriol. Bernie's saying mostly mainstream things, in a mainstream way. It's just that his policy solutions are further left. That's not the appeal with Trump.

This whole "I love Trump because he says what he thinks" isn't really about PC culture. They like Trump because he's giving validation to views and attitudes that haven't been socially acceptable for awhile.

Gibonius don't you believe their frustration is justified? I believe it is 100% is.

Bernie support doesn't extend only to small base of young people but to most politics commentators on the left as well. At least many of whom I'm watching. And most of them treat Hillary as equivalent of Jeb!, maybe with the exception of Bill Maher, who still endorsed Bernie Sanders instead of her.

The thing about PC culture is also an important issue imo. I get why people are sick and tired of these idiotic feminists and SJWs and thought policing everyone. It is an issue. Donald shows a big middle finger to those regressive leftists twats, that's why people like him.
post #1613 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

It's mind boggling to me that Trump has made it this far. I know many Republicans, but not a single supporter of the man. Infact most I know downright detest Trump and would rather not vote at all then support him in the election.
Is it because they like what GOP has accomplished in the last 30 years?
post #1614 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

Gibonius don't you believe their frustration is justified? I believe it is 100% is.

The Bernie people?

Sure. I don't think Bernie's solutions are plausible, but I understand why people are pissed off about our health care system and college costs and frozen middle class wages and inequality.

Quote:
The thing about PC culture is also an important issue imo. I get why people are sick and tired of these idiotic feminists and SJWs and thought policing everyone. It is an issue. Donald shows a big middle finger to those regressive leftists twats, that's why people like him.

I think a lot of people are just generally sick of bullies running the show, on both sides of the political spectrum. How many conservatives really give a shit about the supposed "War on Christmas," for example.
post #1615 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post


Trump is less of a threat to conservative ideas than is Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. The problem with money changer Republicans is that they actually can accomplish their goals. Like open borders, the creation of China as a superpower, trillion dollar deficits, Common Core, and Justice David Souter.



You have to be kidding.  You really think someone in the White House who will make more executive orders (and more extreme executive orders) than both Presidents Bush and Obama combined is conservative?  You think a guy who wants to sue newspapers for talking about his bankruptcies for libel is conservative?  He's an egotistical, authoritarian asshat.

Anyone who believes Kelo v. New London is a good decision isn't a conservative, period.  The man doesn't believe in private property rights (except for his own).  Now he'd get to nominate 2-4 justices?  Holy fuck.  You think Souter is bad - imagine who Trump would put on the bench.

post #1616 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post



You have to be kidding.  You really think someone in the White House who will make more executive orders (and more extreme executive orders) than both Presidents Bush and Obama combined is conservative?  You think a guy who wants to sue newspapers for talking about his bankruptcies for libel is conservative?  He's an egotistical, authoritarian asshat.


Anyone who believes Kelo v. New London is a good decision isn't a conservative, period.  The man doesn't believe in private property rights (except for his own).  Now he'd get to nominate 2-4 justices?  Holy fuck.  You think Souter is bad - imagine who Trump would put on the bench.

Excellent points. I believe anyone who would give Hawaii back to Japan is a traitor to CONSURVATIZMUS.
post #1617 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post



You have to be kidding.  You really think someone in the White House who will make more executive orders (and more extreme executive orders) than both Presidents Bush and Obama combined is conservative?  You think a guy who wants to sue newspapers for talking about his bankruptcies for libel is conservative?  He's an egotistical, authoritarian asshat.


Anyone who believes Kelo v. New London is a good decision isn't a conservative, period.  The man doesn't believe in private property rights (except for his own).  Now he'd get to nominate 2-4 justices?  Holy fuck.  You think Souter is bad - imagine who Trump would put on the bench.

We've survived the last 8 years with an ignorant little emperor suffering from severe NPD. What's another 4 if we get a wall?
post #1618 of 8748

Oh shit now you got em' singing

post #1619 of 8748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post


We've survived the last 8 years with an ignorant little emperor suffering from severe NPD. What's another 4 if we get a wall?

 

You won't get a wall.

 

1. He's lying to you

2. It would never pass Congress

3. What good is a wall when he eminent domains your property?

post #1620 of 8748

I still don't get how Trump's supporters believe he is this great business man who will run the government effectively, but Romney wasn't.  Romney was far more successful in business than Trump has been.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field