or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trump is #2 in GOP Field - Page 80

post #1186 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

It's difficult to believe anything he says or know where his heart is - and that's assuming he has principles to begin with.
I was talking to some Trump supporters, and their big selling point for Trump is "at least he's honest." I think they're mistaking "saying non-PC stuff" as "honest." We have no clue what Trump believes, or if he even has any core political beliefs. It's entirely possible, even likely, that a lot of this stuff is just Trump cynically manipulating an audience that he's identified.
post #1187 of 8792
Trump also represents an utter repudiation of Obama and that is good enough for many.

In 2008 Obama won many votes solely because he was an utter repudiation of GWB.
post #1188 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Trump also represents an utter repudiation of Obama and that is good enough for many.

Does he though? Trump is more of an anti-PC culture candidate right now, just a general send up of establishment politics as a whole. He's not running to repeal Obamacare or pull drones out of the Middle East or whatever. It's as much targeted against Republicans as Obama. He's attacking Fox News even.


Cruz is more of the "we're going to tear down everything Obama did and start over" candidate.
post #1189 of 8792
Trump is certainly not a "Republican" in any meaningful way. I think he's just out there trolling everyone and seeing what's the craziest thing he can say until it impacts his poling.

Speaking of polls...Bernie is ahead of Hillary in some early states?
post #1190 of 8792
Why does everyone hate Ted Cruz again?
post #1191 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Why does everyone hate Ted Cruz again?

He's filthy foreigner.
post #1192 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Why does everyone hate Ted Cruz again?

Because he's completely punchable and his clothes fit horribly.
post #1193 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post


He's filthy foreigner.

 

I only like clean foreigners.

post #1194 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That tweet is very old news as it was made during the 2012 election cycle.

yeah but relevant because his mum's a Scot , so how can he be a pure bread ?
post #1195 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

It's difficult to believe anything he says or know where his heart is - and that's assuming he has principles to begin with.
I was talking to some Trump supporters, and their big selling point for Trump is "at least he's honest." I think they're mistaking "saying non-PC stuff" as "honest." We have no clue what Trump believes, or if he even has any core political beliefs. It's entirely possible, even likely, that a lot of this stuff is just Trump cynically manipulating an audience that he's identified.

yeah it's most definitely his tactic to be vague and even contradictory at time, the more a politician gets in detail the more people are gonna disagree with it, he is running this campaign on his personality we don't really know any specifics about his policies other than some generalities like republican, replace obamacare (and replace it with trumpcare w/e it is), not intervene in syria, change trade deals, limit illegal immigration but really no specifics how to do it., Still would really consider voting for him, low risk high reward.
post #1196 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

yeah but relevant because his mum's a Scot , so how can he be a pure bread ?

Who's mum is a Scot?

Btw, the tweeter is African American. Doesn't that give her a pass as far as charges of racism go per leftie protocol?
post #1197 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I only like clean foreigners.

Do we have any birthers here on SF?

I've always wondered what those morons think of Cruz's birth circumstances.
post #1198 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

Do we have any birthers here on SF?

I've always wondered what those morons think of Cruz's birth circumstances.

Well, the thing is, that Cruz admits he was born in Canada. At least he's honest unlike the guy from Kenya.
post #1199 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

Do we have any birthers here on SF?

I've always wondered what those morons think of Cruz's birth circumstances.
It probably varies based on how much they like Cruz.
post #1200 of 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Why does everyone hate Ted Cruz again?
It seems like the assessment is that he's a creepy, self-serving, lying bastard. What I find remarkable is that the opinions of him are so consistent, over such a long period of time, and from such a wide variety of people. From his freshman roommate at Princeton, to his law partners, and all the way up to his current Senate colleagues, he is widely, deeply, and publicly despised.

All political positions aside, that seems like a terrible choice to have as the person interacting with heads of state.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Trump is #2 in GOP Field