• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Selvedge Denim for the Middle Class?

Jd5016

Reaction score
As the title states, I am looking for SELVEDGE denim input...but not the $300 type of Selvedge. Ya see, I love menswear but simply cannot afford to drape myself in all these expensive threads. Surely there must be some Denim manufacturers out there that are making HIGH quality selvedge without asking for a man's first born son in return.

The cost of production just cannot be equal to the tag price of these high end Jeans, so I wonder, Isn't there a Denim company that isn't charging sky high prices just because they can?

Anyway, I prefer a slim fit jean.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jd5016
As the title states, I am looking for SELVEDGE denim input...but not the $300 type of Selvedge. Ya see, I love menswear but simply cannot afford to drape myself in all these expensive threads. Surely there must be some Denim manufacturers out there that are making HIGH quality selvedge without asking for a man's first born son in return.

The cost of production just cannot be equal to the tag price of these high end Jeans, so I wonder, Isn't there a Denim company that isn't charging sky high prices just because they can?

Anyway, I prefer a slim fit jean.

most people on here are middle class. They just spend a lot on clothing.

ramp

Reaction score
There's so many of these threads. Did you not see them when you searched the forum for already given recommendations?

Jd5016

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
most people on here are middle class. They just spend a lot on clothing.

Well that too is contrary to what I am trying to do here.

Jd5016

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramp
There's so many of these threads. Did you not see them when you searched the forum for already given recommendations?

Searches are so often, as in this case, a mumbo jumbo of posts that include any of the words searched.

Jd5016

Reaction score
Is this really how you guys want to approach the topic? With disdain? Do I deserve to be treated as a whipping boy for asking for cheaper options than certain $300+ dollar denim?

Cmon. Shame on you.

Jd5016

Reaction score
Alright, I suppose my fellow man will offer me no help, only critique. Moderator, you may as well delete the thread.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how much are you looking to spend?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are these jeans called "APCs".

I don't know where you're getting your information if you're exposed to Roy and Samurai more than APC, Nudie, and Naked & Famous.

I've been wearing a pair of black raws and a pair of blue raws from Uniqlo for a few months, cost me 35 a pop but I don't know if they made any this season.

Jd5016

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
There are these jeans called "APCs".

I don't know where you're getting your information if you're exposed to Roy and Samurai more than APC, Nudie, and Naked & Famous.

I've been wearing a pair of black raws and a pair of blue raws from Uniqlo for a few months, cost me 35 a pop but I don't know if they made any this season.

APC's are nice but fade quickly and are easily torn.
Nudie's, I don't care for the pocket pattern.
Naked & Famous...tell me about them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads