or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Overcoming being let go from last job
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overcoming being let go from last job - Page 3

post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Expand on that please.

Now I know why your getting fired.
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post


Oh, Jon. Angry with a job. Angry without one. You kill me.

I'm not sure whether to congratulate you or..I don't know. I'm happy for you nonetheless.

My boss doesn't like me and is going to get rid of me, which at the end means I'll better off:

1) I know longer have to be in a draw vs commission pay environment where sales are non-existant (so I don't make enough to live)

2) I will no longer have to stand for 8 hours a day and not use my brain.

3) I will get unemployment and be able to pay my bills (unemployment will be more than I am making now).

4) I will have all the time I need to find another job.
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post
Now I know why your getting fired.

post #34 of 40
Do you have any attractive co-workers at least to keep your day from being a total wash?
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Do you have any attractive co-workers at least to keep your day from being a total wash?

Not on my floor
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post

3) I will get unemployment and be able to pay my bills (unemployment will be more than I am making now).

If true, that's one helluva perverse incentive.
post #37 of 40
I believe this is why Portugal/Greece are such shitty countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
If true, that's one helluva perverse incentive.
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
My boss doesn't like me and is going to get rid of me, which at the end means I'll better off: 1) I know longer have to be in a draw vs commission pay environment where sales are non-existant (so I don't make enough to live) 2) I will no longer have to stand for 8 hours a day and not use my brain. 3) I will get unemployment and be able to pay my bills (unemployment will be more than I am making now). 4) I will have all the time I need to find another job.
Max unemployment is $405 a week before taxes (if you choose to have taxes taken out). That's not a lot. Then again it's not a whole lot less than what I make.
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Max unemployment is $405 a week before taxes (if you choose to have taxes taken out). That's not a lot. Then again it's not a whole lot less than what I make.

It's $420 at the moment (there is an additional supplement), and no, I would not have taxes taken out. I can live on $1680 per month until I found other meaningful employment.
post #40 of 40
Just curious, how old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
It's $420 at the moment (there is an additional supplement), and no, I would not have taxes taken out. I can live on $1680 per month until I found other meaningful employment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Overcoming being let go from last job