or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Prince William's awful knot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prince William's awful knot - Page 3

post #31 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei View Post
He used to be quite a handsome young man. Those ugly genes hit quickly!

So true. Losing his hair and his nose looks enormous these days. Probably picked the right time to marry--his days of boinking random royal hussies is over.

The FIH is a traditional English royal knot since after the time of the Duke of Windsor however. Tries to look like it's not trying to look like anything.

Say what you will about Charles, he's aged well. Looked like a douche in the 80s, now looks ok.
post #32 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post
I thought the "awful knot" in the thread title was the one HRH is about to tie with a commoner?
Really poor taste, man.
post #33 of 51
aw I thought it was clever. "Middle-ton" indeed
post #34 of 51
I dislike more than just his tie knot. Every suit I see him in is distasteful IMO...
post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post
I thought the "awful knot" in the thread title was the one HRH is about to tie with a commoner?

post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
Really poor taste, man.
Tongue-in-cheek... we're all convicts down here.
post #37 of 51
[quote=jrd617;4325944]Charles may be the best FIH tie-er in the world. (Then again it looks like he has slim-ish ties -- about 3.25'') He also must own a million of the same red and blue tie:

That's actually a Prince Albert knot and that's a Brigade of Guards tie.
I've always tied a four-in-hand knot since I was 6. At that age I didn't know how to tie a knot for my first day at school and no one was around but the nanny so she tied it on me. To this day I still tie a knot like a left handed person and the four-in-hand must have been the knot that the girls' schools used
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal View Post
He ties a clean knot and pins a scallion to his lapel like no one's business.
wow i hadnt even noticed the onion!
post #39 of 51
That's nothin.. in his younger days he could get a whole artichoke on there.
post #40 of 51
[quote=Lord Asquith;4330334]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post
Charles may be the best FIH tie-er in the world. (Then again it looks like he has slim-ish ties -- about 3.25'') He also must own a million of the same red and blue tie:

That's actually a Prince Albert knot and that's a Brigade of Guards tie.

You do realize the Prince Albert knot is a double four-in-hand? That would make for a larger knot, so I doubt that's what HRH uses. Other royalty use the Prince Albert knot. If Prince Charles doesn't tie a four-in-hand then it's probably the small/Oriental knot. The problem I have with the small knot is that it doesn't keep tight.
post #41 of 51
[quote=Matt S;4330436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Asquith View Post

You do realize the Prince Albert knot is a double four-in-hand? That would make for a larger knot, so I doubt that's what HRH uses. Other royalty use the Prince Albert knot. If Prince Charles doesn't tie a four-in-hand then it's probably the small/Oriental knot. The problem I have with the small knot is that it doesn't keep tight.

Of course, but it's hard to tell from the pic. The problem with the Windsor is that it's big and really seems to wrinkle and mess up the tie.
Anyway, all of this is trivial and people can just tie whatever they like.
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal View Post
He ties a clean knot and pins a scallion to his lapel like no one's business.

That's a baby leek by the way (he is Prince of Wales after all)
post #43 of 51
that won´t bid well for his marriage if he´s already having trouble tying the knot
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Asquith View Post
You do realize the Prince Albert knot is a double four-in-hand? That would make for a larger knot, so I doubt that's what HRH uses. Other royalty use the Prince Albert knot. If Prince Charles doesn't tie a four-in-hand then it's probably the small/Oriental knot. The problem I have with the small cunt is that it doesn't keep tight.

FTFY
post #45 of 51
the prince on Monks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Prince William's awful knot