Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Fashon in Ashton Kutcher's movie "Spread" Last post on 2/22/15 at 12:20pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dress shoes with jeans. Last post on 10/28/14 at 3:14am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 44
Styleforum Top Picks
Here are a pair of thrift store Clarks Wallabees made in Ireland (very old, dried out rubber) that I cut off the soles, and had a cobbler put on a Vibram Christy sole a few years ago.
I had never seen this color of Wallabee before this one, and now Clarks makes tons of colors...
tapering a pair of sweatpants is simple enough right?
pin them, turn inside out and go at it with the sewing machine, and then just cut of the fabric that will then be needless?
know that if you try and taper a tee the machine can rip the fabric apart, but the fabric sweatpants are made of should be substantial enough to not rip apart?
Yeah, I usually go this way: 1) turn inside out; 2) draw seam, pin, try on (not turned inside out!) until you like how they fit; 3) turn inside out, sew; 4) either cut off the excess fabric and do something to avoid the frayed edge, or just leave it there.
Never heard of this. Since I rarely find cheap stuff that fits me, I started buying $4 (disposable) tees and fix the boxy cut so I'm kind of used to it. We're talking about cotton here, hemp as well -- silk is toatally different and you need a different sewing machine.
Also, pay attention to filmier stuff: perhaps in this case the machine may start to act weirdly and rip things up?
There are a million seam finishes, an easy one for knits fabrics would be a french seam which means the first seam you would sew wrong sides together then flip inside out sew then press. If you have access to a serger do that.
Also since sweatpants are knits you want to stretch the fabric out as you sew it, otherwise you will rip the seam while wearing it.
Made a lamp by drilling a hole through a block of wood and coating it in polyester. I stole the fram for the shade from a different lamp, and the material on the shade is just scotch tape
Once you have sewn where you needed to sew, just sew a few stitches (either zig-zag or even straight ones work) form top to bottom so that the frayed edge doesn't go past them and doesn't fuck up your stitching. I usually do this way.
Or, more professional: turn the frayed edge over itself twice and sew it. The end result is sharper and obviously better looking. Very similar to the bottom of shirts as a concept.
Make sure you don't cut off too much fabric and you have ENOUGH fabric for the 2nd method
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Flat Head - 2 short sleeve button-up western shirts size 36 BNWT 27 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 39 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › live= Zingano vs. Rousey Live 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Caruso Navy Hopsack Sport Coat w/ Loro Piana Fabric, 36R 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 3 minutes ago
- › live=UFC 184 Rousey vs. Zingano Live 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...