Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 11/29/15 at 2:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Fashon in Ashton Kutcher's movie "Spread" Last post on 12/12/15 at 2:26pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dress shoes with jeans. Last post on 10/28/14 at 3:14am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 37post #541 of 13086/14/12 at 7:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #542 of 13086/14/12 at 7:49pmThanks. Honestly, I have to give credit to TweenSpirit for my creative inspiration. After seeing him wearing a bold patterned shirt with a bucket hat and round sunglasses that evoked a hippy 70s vibe, the bucket hat inspired me to do this djellaba inspired shirt. Now, after seeing him in this hybrid khaki/sarong pants, it's inspiring me to make a hybrid of a vest and cardigan (cardivest) that will actually look good worn with his hybrid pants. The style will be inspired by a hat again which is this one
http://www.barneys.com/Mr.-Kim-Kurt/501738070,default,pd.html?cgid=mens-hats&index=83post #543 of 13086/15/12 at 2:45ampost #544 of 13086/15/12 at 8:44ampost #545 of 13086/15/12 at 8:53amThread Starteryeah I want one tooQuote:
remake that céline shirt in man sizepost #546 of 13086/15/12 at 8:53ampost #547 of 13086/15/12 at 11:03amso waxing that jacket didn't work out so well. i washed the wax off, but in the wash the jacket got a lot lighter, so now its more of a pink shade maybe at some point i'll buy another bottle of dye and dye it darker. not sure how much i'll wear it as is except maybe to hipster bars with desi and friends. idk.
heres a quick fit.post #548 of 13086/15/12 at 1:53pmpost #549 of 13086/15/12 at 7:30pm
Been playing around with Optitex, not entirely sure if I like it over drafting by hand. The 3D simulation should be helpful but getting curves just right is a headache and I'm too much of a perfectionist to just wing it close. Working on a pair of bondage pants with HL inspiration. Also need to retrieve my sewing machine which is now in storage at my brother's place
Also, trying to wrap my head around making patterns for the drapey shit is beginning to feel futile. Probably would be easier to wantonly take scissors to fabric
Edited by KitAkira - 6/15/12 at 8:58pmpost #550 of 13087/12/12 at 6:30pmpost #551 of 13087/24/12 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by mike868y
so waxing that jacket didn't work out so well. i washed the wax off, but in the wash the jacket got a lot lighter, so now its more of a pink shade maybe at some point i'll buy another bottle of dye and dye it darker. not sure how much i'll wear it as is except maybe to hipster bars with desi and friends. idk.
heres a quick fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
in response to this, I dyed the jacket again in a more concentrated solution and i'm much, much happier with the result. I'm going to buy some more RIT and dye it once more to get it where I want it. also, I've since learned that washing with a cup of vinegar helps to set the dye, so I'll definitely be doing that once I get the color proper.post #552 of 13087/24/12 at 7:58pmpost #553 of 13087/24/12 at 8:52pmpost #554 of 13087/24/12 at 9:15pmpost #555 of 13087/24/12 at 10:02pm
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 seconds ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 22 seconds ago
- › Wooden Rocking Horse UK 26 seconds ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 59 seconds ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?