Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 11/29/15 at 2:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Fashon in Ashton Kutcher's movie "Spread" Last post on 12/12/15 at 2:26pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dress shoes with jeans. Last post on 10/28/14 at 3:14am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 32post #466 of 13082/28/12 at 7:31pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #467 of 13082/28/12 at 7:50pmpost #468 of 13082/28/12 at 11:11pmpost #469 of 13082/28/12 at 11:27pmpost #470 of 13083/4/12 at 3:49amQuote:Originally Posted by clark kent
i saw this on another website. though some consider it "cheating" i thought it was a cool way of distressing raw denim. he also does a quick instruction on waxing which ill probably end up doing soon too.
Ugh. Not buying raw denims to do this to... might do to a pair of normal dark jeans if I can find for cheap. Of course, I threw out a pair of decently sized jeans a year or two ago because I spilled HCl on them, which would be like, so unique and shit.
Or would this epically not work because I am le novice to not fvcking up raw denim?post #471 of 13083/12/12 at 4:36pmpost #472 of 13083/14/12 at 9:08pmXpost:Quote:Originally Posted by gettoastythis came in this morning, really excited--so any ideas how to repair? i believe some extra denim scrap will be arriving as well, but not an actual kit.
repair kit came from ny, the scrap denim may come directly from europe somewhere (forgot where nudies are made)
came with: thread, denim scrap, sand paper, buttons, and a cool tin to carry it all. all in all it was a nice little surprise Everything was hand written as well
Going to repair that area with the smiley face
I was thinking about just completely cutting out the shaded area then sew in the denim from the inside then sand it down or let it fade naturally.
any ideas? Alternatively is to ship it to a denim repair shoppost #473 of 13083/16/12 at 9:07amlast night I started what may be my most ambitious clothing mod, turned out OK so far.
i was trying to emulate this HL coat:
I had a light navy mac made by martin and osa that I used as a base. I finished one arm yesterday, it was a bitch because I didn't want to sew down the liner inside. sorta subtle because the navy and black are so close in color, but the effect turned out pretty good. I ended up sewing the insert around all the edges, unlike the HL piece. The cut-out is pretty much perfect, looks a little crooked in the pic though.post #474 of 13083/16/12 at 9:20ampost #475 of 13083/16/12 at 9:26ampost #476 of 13083/16/12 at 1:36pmpost #477 of 13083/22/12 at 9:27pmpost #478 of 13083/22/12 at 11:40pmQuote:
I have a pair of old jeans I was thinking of dip-bleaching, but I don't know how to do anything cuz I'm a DIY noob lol.
I'm also not 100% sure what I want to do with the jeans. They need to be dyed first because they've faded in a way that I really don't like, and then I've saved tons of images of DIY inspiration.
I will def post when I get around to DIYing them.post #479 of 13083/23/12 at 8:35amhttp://jackfoxley.com/
Now everyone can be (almost) as cool as NOBD with a lower barrier of entryQuote:Originally Posted by NYtimes
David Foxley started the prep company Jack Foxley to service all men whose well-worn sweaters and jackets are in need of some love. Offering sew-on-yourself leather, suede and wax cotton elbow patches in rich colors like chocolate brown, cobalt (Turkey Pond blue, he calls it), orange and green ($12 per set, plus $3 for shipping), Foxley makes mending one’s favorite blazer or cardigan easier, chicer and more affordable. No more bad pleather patches from the corner tailor. “I’ve received orders from college professors in New England and military colonels in North Carolina,” says Foxley, who works a second shift as an assistant editor at Vanity Fair. “The list of characters is long, and their correspondence is strikingly colorful.” Send him a garment and, for a tailoring fee of about $50, Foxley and his crew will do it all — fit, sew and ship it back within two weeks. Handwritten note included.
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 seconds ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › NEW ALDEN color 8 Wingtip boots, crepe sole, 9.5D Barrie/US 10D 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...