Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 7/27/16 at 6:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Fashon in Ashton Kutcher's movie "Spread" Last post on 12/12/15 at 2:26pm in Classic Menswear
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dress shoes with jeans. Last post on 10/28/14 at 3:14am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
*** The official and awesome DIY thread *** - Page 32post #466 of 13482/28/12 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #467 of 13482/28/12 at 7:50pmpost #468 of 13482/28/12 at 11:11pmpost #469 of 13482/28/12 at 11:27pmpost #470 of 13483/4/12 at 3:49amQuote:Originally Posted by clark kent
i saw this on another website. though some consider it "cheating" i thought it was a cool way of distressing raw denim. he also does a quick instruction on waxing which ill probably end up doing soon too.
Ugh. Not buying raw denims to do this to... might do to a pair of normal dark jeans if I can find for cheap. Of course, I threw out a pair of decently sized jeans a year or two ago because I spilled HCl on them, which would be like, so unique and shit.
Or would this epically not work because I am le novice to not fvcking up raw denim?post #471 of 13483/12/12 at 4:36pmpost #472 of 13483/14/12 at 9:08pmXpost:Quote:Originally Posted by gettoastythis came in this morning, really excited--so any ideas how to repair? i believe some extra denim scrap will be arriving as well, but not an actual kit.
repair kit came from ny, the scrap denim may come directly from europe somewhere (forgot where nudies are made)
came with: thread, denim scrap, sand paper, buttons, and a cool tin to carry it all. all in all it was a nice little surprise Everything was hand written as well
Going to repair that area with the smiley face
I was thinking about just completely cutting out the shaded area then sew in the denim from the inside then sand it down or let it fade naturally.
any ideas? Alternatively is to ship it to a denim repair shoppost #473 of 13483/16/12 at 9:07amlast night I started what may be my most ambitious clothing mod, turned out OK so far.
i was trying to emulate this HL coat:
I had a light navy mac made by martin and osa that I used as a base. I finished one arm yesterday, it was a bitch because I didn't want to sew down the liner inside. sorta subtle because the navy and black are so close in color, but the effect turned out pretty good. I ended up sewing the insert around all the edges, unlike the HL piece. The cut-out is pretty much perfect, looks a little crooked in the pic though.post #474 of 13483/16/12 at 9:20ampost #475 of 13483/16/12 at 9:26ampost #476 of 13483/16/12 at 1:36pmpost #477 of 13483/22/12 at 9:27pmpost #478 of 13483/22/12 at 11:40pmQuote:
I have a pair of old jeans I was thinking of dip-bleaching, but I don't know how to do anything cuz I'm a DIY noob lol.
I'm also not 100% sure what I want to do with the jeans. They need to be dyed first because they've faded in a way that I really don't like, and then I've saved tons of images of DIY inspiration.
I will def post when I get around to DIYing them.post #479 of 13483/23/12 at 8:35amhttp://jackfoxley.com/
Now everyone can be (almost) as cool as NOBD with a lower barrier of entryQuote:Originally Posted by NYtimes
David Foxley started the prep company Jack Foxley to service all men whose well-worn sweaters and jackets are in need of some love. Offering sew-on-yourself leather, suede and wax cotton elbow patches in rich colors like chocolate brown, cobalt (Turkey Pond blue, he calls it), orange and green ($12 per set, plus $3 for shipping), Foxley makes mending one’s favorite blazer or cardigan easier, chicer and more affordable. No more bad pleather patches from the corner tailor. “I’ve received orders from college professors in New England and military colonels in North Carolina,” says Foxley, who works a second shift as an assistant editor at Vanity Fair. “The list of characters is long, and their correspondence is strikingly colorful.” Send him a garment and, for a tailoring fee of about $50, Foxley and his crew will do it all — fit, sew and ship it back within two weeks. Handwritten note included.post #480 of 13483/23/12 at 10:11am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 4 minutes ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...